MERGED-->Bono Time Magazine's 2005 Person of the Year

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

justinlacy

The Fly
Bono Time Magazine's 2005 Person of the Year

I just saw a short news piece on Fox News where it was announced that Bono along with Bill and Melinda Gates were selected by Time magazine as 2005's Persons of the year. A shot of the magazine cover was shown with Bono in the center of Bill and Melinda Gates.

Time names Bono, Bill and Melinda Gates Persons of Year

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/12/18/time.poy/index.html

(CNN) -- The good deeds of an activist rock legend and one of the world's richest men and his wife carried the day in 2005, as Time magazine on Sunday named U2 frontman Bono and philanthropic couple Bill and Melinda Gates as its "Persons of the Year."

CONGRATS!

:yes: :bono: :up:

u2ibono04.jpg

My 500th post!:D

Last edited:
Harumph. The guy on CNN seems none to pleased about Time's choice. :madspit:

The CNN special is on again tonight at 7 ET. They had separate segments on Bill and Melinda Gates and Bono, then at the end they had a nice behind the scenes segment on the photo shoot.

I laughed when I saw the cover. I never though I would see bono sandwiched in between Bill and Melinda gate.

Bono Mot said:
Harumph. The guy on CNN seems none to pleased about Time's choice. :madspit:

No one takes CNN seriously. :shh: The BBC flattens CNN in just about every way possible.

Well, when U2 were in Seattle, Bono stayed over at the Gates' mansion. Unfortunately, all of the guest rooms were out of commission, so they all had to share the one master bedroom. Bono slept sandwiched in between Bill and Melinda.

Or so I heard.

:shifty:

That's my boy!! :applaud: well, man I guess, he's actually older than my dad...:shifty: but damn! I'm sure proud of him!! He deserves it, too. Nice to see Time highlight the AIDS issue despite all the natural disasters of the year. It's easy to forget about Africa when something like Katrina hits home, but we can't forget. Not when so many people are dying everyday over something preventable and treatable. Congratulations B-man!! :rockon: and in addition to all his humanitarian work he's made a few nice songs and sung at a couple o' nice concerts, so, you know, gotta consider that too :wink:

very interesting.

Congrats to Bono and Bill and Melinda Gates.

It is interesting. Has anyone checked out The Rock Star's Burden
By PAUL THEROUX published on Dec 15, 2005.

It's in the New York Times. I was able to read the article yesterday but now they want you to sign up!

It's not a too flattering article.

skjuls said:
very interesting.

Congrats to Bono and Bill and Melinda Gates.

It is interesting. Has anyone checked out The Rock Star's Burden
By PAUL THEROUX published on Dec 15, 2005.

It's in the New York Times. I was able to read the article yesterday but now they want you to sign up!

It's not a too flattering article.

yeah, i read that article. he basically criticizes bono, b/c he disagrees with bono's suggested solution for helping africa. difference of opinion, i suppose- but it does seem a bit nasty at times.

congrats to bono for being a "person of the year"!!! :hyper:

The story they did on CNN was excellent. As far as Bona between Gates and his wife. Well, Bono knows where the money is ;)

Replayed tonight on CNN at 7 PM EST

Back
Top Bottom