MERGED--> Bono and Edge at Clinton Library Event Live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think that SBS was less a comment directed towards bush and the iraq war than it was a fitting song towards Clinton's input towards the 1998? peace. Of course IMO.....

I was in a board meeting and they went into executive session for twenty minutes - I ran to my desk and they were doing Sunday Bloody SUnday! Was that great timing or what!!! I am pissed that President Bush was so totally no paying attention!

Wow! SBS and THTBA in the pouring rain. Bono sounded great and looked great, even soaking wet!! Edge wasn't bad either :wink:

Bono and Edge just played Clinton Inaguration on CNN

Bono and edge just played at the Clinton library, it just ended, they showed it on CNN. They played an acoustic version of Sunday Bloody Sunday (really great), then Edge sat at the piano and did Hands that Built America.
anyone have video or mp3s?

jer2911 said:
I think that SBS was less a comment directed towards bush and the iraq war than it was a fitting song towards Clinton's input towards the 1998? peace. Of course IMO.....

:up:

Bono actually said it was in honor of Clinton's work in the peace process.

Classic. . .perfect opener -- the Beatles envelop every mood.

SBS - missed the broken bottles but nice recovery.

Wonder what Bush was thinking when Bono sang the 9/11 line. ..considering Clinton is Ireland's son.

I still can't get over how good it was. Edge was playing some mean acoustic guitar there! Seriously though, that is easily the best I've heard Bono sound in many, many years.

gorman said:
I still can't get over how good it was. Edge was playing some mean acoustic guitar there! Seriously though, that is easily the best I've heard Bono sound in many, many years.

Totally agreed!!! :yes:

blindinglights said:
he actually sang sbs in a key a half note higher than they did on elevation tour!

Ah, I thought so! He was hitting everything with incredible clarity and strength. Whatever he did for today's performance, he needs to keep doing :) I just stood there in shock watching it. Truly awesome.

so the key was right in between the original and elevation vrsns and it sounded stronger than elevation by a lot!

layla said:
I recorded an mp3 and am about to upload it to YouSendIt -- will post the link in a few minutes.

kool...is that from the stream or a tv source?

...for what it is worth, Chris Mathews on MSNBC was giving B major props...:wink:

the audience was so much louder for them than anyone else too. alright got to run, hopefully there'll be a nice mp3/video present awaiting me in a few hours. :wink: :drool: :drool:

gorman said:

Ah, I thought so! He was hitting everything with incredible clarity and strength. Whatever he did for today's performance, he needs to keep doing :) I just stood there in shock watching it. Truly awesome.

Absolutely. . .the clarity was amazing (Bono's voice as well as the sound there). I was listening to it on my guest TV and it sounded beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom