MERGED--> Bono and Edge at Clinton Library Event Live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I turned on the TV and put a tape in the VCR just in time! I was so impressed with the guys - they only had an acoustic guitar, a mike and a piano, it was pouring down rain but the performance was very moving.

Bill and Chelsea were so cute together! You can tell they have a wonderful father-daughter relationship. I was also trying to imagine what they were saying to each other. My theory is Chelsea said "Wow, Dad, Bono is hot!" and Bill said, "Uh, honey, can we talk about something else?" :D

one thing i'd like to correct that was mentioned earlier:

they sung sbs today only a single half step lower than the studio version. not a full step, certainly not two full steps.

during elevation however, they played it a full step lower. some of you may not care about this technical stuff but it just shows you that it's pretty impressive that bono's singing this in almost the original key and i think he sounds awesome and very clear. if nothing else maybe gorman would appreciate this. :wink: :)

I see that a lot of people have talked about thism, but I just have to say something.

What the hell is up with Bono? His voice is different again. I loved his dry voice during Elevation, especially with AIWIY. But now he's suddenly a lot clearer. Amazing ... I was expecting the dry voice, and a little raspy (and I just love that voice), but now he has changed.

"TV reality" - so clear ... so beautiful.

"reaaaaaal enemy" ... (or something)

"Sundaaaaaaaay bloody sunday"!

i think his voice is better now too though i liked elevation bono as well. it's both higher and clearer now!

he sounds a lot clearer and more powerful i think on the new album than on atyclb. like here in a way. all the songs are in really high keys too and he doesn't sound like he's having trouble hitting all the high A's.

I just saw them on ET! Bono sounded great! He said, 'it's all sunny on the inside" :)

He changed the words to 'we got 4 presidents out of bed'

This is the first I've seen of it, I don't have cable and online thing doesn't work.

The shirt was more raspberry than purple on tape, maybe it was just wet.

The whole thing's being shown again on C-SPAN right now, but it looks like there's a long way to go to get to Bono and Edge...

Edit: Okay they're on right now!

Last edited:
Yep, finally saw it. It is a bit rude that when Bono got the 9/11 part of THTBA, all of the prez's were conversing.

Oh well, I enjoyed it myself.

The Daily Show had a pretty funny piece on this last night.

I couldn't really tell though if John Daily is a U2 fan or was being serious in his digs.

But it did make me laugh.

check out clinton SBS video on u2valencia!!!

u2valencia.com has a link to the video and the sound quality is great too. enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom