MERGED---> Best of 90-00 Sleeve! + best of cover art a lot of bull + BO Cover Art

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
as a taurean animal lover....

....I like it. My friend had a teepee and I loved sleeping in it. The photo reminds me of that. Only did for 2 nights, memorable, so cosy, that little window to the stars. The canvas rots away too quickly in Australia to make them viable here.
So much respect to the buffalo. I'd like to see their image plastered all 'round the shopping malls.
I like the black and white tone, I like the symmetry, I like that the space between their necks reminds me of a heart.
I will be surprised but delighted if U2 choose this cover. Interesting prospect...wow, new U2:up:

Re: Alleged cover art for 'Best of'..

Best_Of_2_big.jpg

I don't like this at all.

I was hoping for something cool looking.

Anything from the vast array of icons, images, designs of Achtung Baby or Zooropa would have been better.
I mean I understand the symbolism relating to the song one, but c'mon this looks boring, and is not going to catch the eye of anyone like the way the album covers of Achtung Baby and Zooropa did.

Originally posted by www.atu2.com SUBLIMINAL ADVERTISING?: One more note about the album cover. If you shrink it down to where it's really small, like the size of an icon on your computer desktop, the album cover actually looks a bit like a pair of Fly Shades. See? So we've got "The Fly" as the hidden track (probably, see below) and Fly Shades as the "hidden" album image. It's very Zoo TV. Manipulation is art.... (This is what happens when Matt has a day off and too much free time....)

That was the response of someone trying to find something cool about this stupid design.

Last edited:
Hello,

Well, I DO like the buffalo heads. It is a very powerful image (and I like it when a record cover has a powerful image). It is also in the style of The Best Of 1980-1990, continuing the theme. Finally, what's wrong with symbolism. The cover of The Best Of 1980-1990 was also full of symbolism. The young boy, the military helmet, the innocent look in the eyes, this perfectly represented the decade in which U2 was growing up.
Now, the buffalos, head to head. It exactly represents U2 in the '90s, confronting contradictions head on, showing fighting spirit.

As I said, I like it.

C ya!

Marty

Dood. My DREAM is to design a CD cover for U2. They totally need to call me....:wave: :wave: :wave:

Hey, Edge!!!.....er, I mean "DaveC":rolleyes:....tell Bono I'd be glad to help out!!!!

BTW, dsmith.....LMAO at your buffalo convo!!! :lmao:

I love the first one, with the buffaloes butting heads (and I hate everything else about the compilation). Reminds me fondly of the Beautiful Day promo cover (which should've been the cover for the single, not that it was released in the US anyway). Very simple; the people who don't like it want to overstate it.

Last edited:
Cover art: Best of 1990-2000?

Easy question. Is there are set design for this album? I've heard people talking like it's been released, but I haven't seen any pictures. What's the deal?

I like the buffalos butting heads. It's symbolic, and I generally enjoy black & white photography anyways. There are some very nice REM album covers that had no colour, and were effective nonetheless.

And if people see it in a store and decide it's uninteresting based on album cover art, then I'd prefer they not be the sort to buy the album anyways, lol.

i prefer the butting heads one but i'd never seen the other one till i read this thread....i thought that the 1st one was the cover but maybe someone was right when the said that it could be one for the limited edition and one for the regular one..... (way too many ones in that paragraph!!!)

well...you kinda have a problem then....there are 2 different covers on the web (at least) and both have buffalo's on them....

I don't like the butting heads buffaloes but I like the ones far away from each other in the field. :yes:

Buffalo Cover

I don't know if it's been confirmed, but I guess the Buffalo photo on the new Best Of is official. They have it posted on Amazon.com. I like it. :yes: The colors remind me of Wide Awake In America cover.

Well, just to add my t wo bits... I like the Buffalos. I prefer the budding head ones too. I like the Black and White and I like that they are staying with the same design theme as the other best of.
My only suggestion... maybe it should be gold too.

Sicy--> yours rocks! lol

Back
Top Bottom