MERGED --> Anyone else think U2 fans are... + Deal with it!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: Deal with it!!!

sallycinnamon78 said:

HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA! "Rethinking their love"? Did someone actually say that? I find it kind of hard to "rethink" love, personally! :lol: :laugh: :laugh:

there is a thread - it's been merged with the 'I don't know what to say thread'.
Sally, did you have any luck in the end?

Re: Re: Re: Deal with it!!!

beau2ifulday said:

there is a thread - it's been merged with the 'I don't know what to say thread'.
Sally, did you have any luck in the end?

None whatsoever - still waiting! What about you? I am having a beer or 3 before bed though so it all seems slightly less annoying now... :)

and thankyou, beau2tiful day, for caring to ask - it was kind of you. starsgoblue has been really supportive as well.
Feel the love in this room - quick though, or I might have to "rethink" it!!!!:wink:

Re: Anyone else think U2 fans are...

U2LA said:
whiny demanding brats?? I do.

Any fool could have seen this debacle coming from 1000 miles away. U2.com has a history of being crap.

I however am not too disturbed. And I got screwed out of the pre-sale by it all happening at a bad time. No cash for the presale due to some other bad financial stuff.

Do I blame U2 for what has happend? Of course not. U2 does things to accomodate their fans that alot of bands do not. Being able to in some situations guarantee good tickets to their fans is a hard thing to do. U2 has a management team, they have people who handle all of this and these things cost money. Who pays the staff's salaries? I don't think U2 is charging this to make extra money but to cover expenses and yes, make sure it doesn't cut into the profit line.

Big deal. You didn't HAVE to buy the Premium membership for $40. You can attempt to buy tickets like the rest of the world when the General Sale occurs. That REALLY is the only supposed benefit of the U2.com Premium mebership. And common sense should have told you there are no guarantees. Anyone that has tried to buy tickets online for a presale should know this.

If you don't like it, you don't have to partake in it. U2 is still keeping ticket prices reasonable for a band of their caliber. $50 for the best seats (GA) is a great price for a band like U2.

The ending of Propaganda was the end of an era and it should be mourned. Most of us knew in our hearts that it would not be anywhere as cool and guaranteed as Propaganda.

Shit happens. Things change. This is life. Seeing a U2 show is not a God given right. It has now become IMPOSSIBLE for U2 to guarantee every fan has a chance to see them. Scalpers obviously subscribed to U2.com. Did U2 have the ability to stop that?

Stop bitching about things you have no control over. This is not your fault, it is not U2's fault. It is just life in a world where U2 is the most popular band with a huge fan base that insists on playing tiny arenas.

I think it is LAME and so FAIR-WEATHERED fan to blame U2 for this. They didnt MAKE you buy the U2.com membership.

I for one am sick of the U2 backlash and wanted to say something about it.

And no, I don't have tickets and don't expect to end up with any unless a fan ends up with an extra one and sells me one at face value.

Oh well. I am an adult. I will deal with it. This is a reality of U2 fanhood in the new millenium. We can't ALL see them when they choose to play arenas.

Deal with it.

U2LA,

YOU ARE NOT BEING OBJECTIVE OR REALISTIC HERE. ALTHOUGH YOU MAKE SOME VALID POINTS, YOU IGNORE THE FACT THAT U2 & THEIR MANAGEMENT TEAM ARE HYPOCRITICAL, SPIN-MEISTERS AND CAPITALIST PIGS. THEY CHOOSE TO NOT ONLY CHARGE THEIR FANS EXORBITANT TICKET PRICES BUT OUTRAGEOUS CLUB PRICES AS WELL!

IT IS TRUE THAT NO ONE MUST BUY TIX OR PURCHASE A U2.COM SUBSCRIPTION. HOWEVER, U2.COM ADVERTISED GUARANTEED PRIORITY TICKETING, EXCLUSION OF TICKETMASTER SERVICE FEE'S AND CLAIMED THE BEST SEATS WERE SET ASIDE. ALL OF THESE 3 AFOREMENTIONED THINGS ARE FALSE!

PEARL JAM ON THE OTHER HAND ARE MUCH MORE DOWN-TO-EARTH, GENUINE & FAIR TO THEIR FANS. THEY CHARGE $15 FOR THEIR FAN CLUB, SEND SUBSCRIBERS GIFTS EVERY YEAR AND GUARANTEE THESE SUBSCRIBERS (SUCH AS MYSELF) TIX TO SEVERAL SHOWS. BY THE WAY, PJ TIX ARE REASONABLY PRICED AT ABOUT $40-$50. ALTHOUGH I AM A MORE AVID U2 FAN, IT IS EVIDENT THAT PJ IS MORE IN TUNE WITH THEIR FANS AND OUTWEIGHS U2 IN THE CREDIBILITY FACTOR.

U2 AND McGUINESS HAVE LOST MUCH CREDIBILITY IN MY EYES BY PUTTING A SPIN ON THEIR SEATING POLICIES. STATING THAT THE GA SEATS ARE THE LEAST EXPENSIVE WHILE IGNORING THE FACT THAT MOST SEATS ARE EXORBITANT IN PRICE IS SIMPLY GOOD PR AND LOTS OF BS. IT IS TIRESOME SEEING BONO ET, AL IN EXPENSIVE DOLCE & GABANA SUNGLASSES WHILE VACATIONING IN THE MOST EXPENSIVE & EXOCTIC PLACES IN THE WORLD WHILE CHARGING HIS 'SO=CALLED' LOYAL FANS EXORBITANT PRICES.

CAPITALISM IS A GREAT THING BUT U2 CLEARLY & PROFOUNDLY MUCH MORE INVOLVED IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY FOR MONEY, FAME, RELEVANCE & FORTUNE THAN THEY ARE FOR MAKING MUSIC.

THEY ARE CAPITALISTS, MONEY-HUNGRY PIGS AND MOST OF US ON THIS BOARD ARE THEIR BLIND SUPPORTERS.

Re: Re: Anyone else think U2 fans are...

MBH said:

U2LA,

YOU ARE NOT BEING OBJECTIVE OR REALISTIC HERE. ALTHOUGH YOU MAKE SOME VALID POINTS, YOU IGNORE THE FACT THAT U2 & THEIR MANAGEMENT TEAM ARE HYPOCRITICAL, SPIN-MEISTERS AND CAPITALIST PIGS. THEY CHOOSE TO NOT ONLY CHARGE THEIR FANS EXORBITANT TICKET PRICES BUT OUTRAGEOUS CLUB PRICES AS WELL!

IT IS TRUE THAT NO ONE MUST BUY TIX OR PURCHASE A U2.COM SUBSCRIPTION. HOWEVER, U2.COM ADVERTISED GUARANTEED PRIORITY TICKETING, EXCLUSION OF TICKETMASTER SERVICE FEE'S AND CLAIMED THE BEST SEATS WERE SET ASIDE. ALL OF THESE 3 AFOREMENTIONED THINGS ARE FALSE!

PEARL JAM ON THE OTHER HAND ARE MUCH MORE DOWN-TO-EARTH, GENUINE & FAIR TO THEIR FANS. THEY CHARGE $15 FOR THEIR FAN CLUB, SEND SUBSCRIBERS GIFTS EVERY YEAR AND GUARANTEE THESE SUBSCRIBERS (SUCH AS MYSELF) TIX TO SEVERAL SHOWS. BY THE WAY, PJ TIX ARE REASONABLY PRICED AT ABOUT $40-$50. ALTHOUGH I AM A MORE AVID U2 FAN, IT IS EVIDENT THAT PJ IS MORE IN TUNE WITH THEIR FANS AND OUTWEIGHS U2 IN THE CREDIBILITY FACTOR.

U2 AND McGUINESS HAVE LOST MUCH CREDIBILITY IN MY EYES BY PUTTING A SPIN ON THEIR SEATING POLICIES. STATING THAT THE GA SEATS ARE THE LEAST EXPENSIVE WHILE IGNORING THE FACT THAT MOST SEATS ARE EXORBITANT IN PRICE IS SIMPLY GOOD PR AND LOTS OF BS. IT IS TIRESOME SEEING BONO ET, AL IN EXPENSIVE DOLCE & GABANA SUNGLASSES WHILE VACATIONING IN THE MOST EXPENSIVE & EXOCTIC PLACES IN THE WORLD WHILE CHARGING HIS 'SO=CALLED' LOYAL FANS EXORBITANT PRICES.

CAPITALISM IS A GREAT THING BUT U2 CLEARLY & PROFOUNDLY MUCH MORE INVOLVED IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY FOR MONEY, FAME, RELEVANCE & FORTUNE THAN THEY ARE FOR MAKING MUSIC.

THEY ARE CAPITALISTS, MONEY-HUNGRY PIGS AND MOST OF US ON THIS BOARD ARE THEIR BLIND SUPPORTERS.

Shut the fuck up! The problems they had today can't be fixed w/ a flick of a switch. See what happen in the next few days.

Re: Anyone else think U2 fans are...

U2LA said:
Big deal. You didn't HAVE to buy the Premium membership for $40. You can attempt to buy tickets like the rest of the world when the General Sale occurs. That REALLY is the only supposed benefit of the U2.com Premium mebership. And common sense should have told you there are no guarantees. Anyone that has tried to buy tickets online for a presale should know this.

U2.com membership "guaranteed Priority booking". How much of a marketing tool did you think that STATEMENT was? Bloody brilliant!!! If it was true......... Anything else is false advertising and I think it highly likely some sort of class action will be taken.

"And Members of the all-new U2.Com will be first in line for tickets with a guarantee of priority booking."
Email received to subscribers of U2.com December 15, 2004

Re: Re: Re: Anyone else think U2 fans are...

MrBrau1 said:

Shut the fuck up! The problems they had today can't be fixed w/ a flick of a switch. See what happen in the next few days.

DUDE,

FIRSTLY, MY WELL-THOUGHT, COHERENT POST WAS BASED ON PROBLEMS & ISSUES REGARDING U2 TODAY AND IN THE PAST.

SECONDLY, I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND YOU DON'T KNOW WHO I AM. WITH THAT SAID, I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO TOLERATE YOUR VULGARITIES. MOREOVER, YOU COME ACROSS AS A BLEEDING-HEART, BLINDLY-LOYAL U2 SUPPORTER AND UNINTELIGIBLE....

Yes, but you totally blew your "well-thought, coherent post" when you decided to type in all caps and make yourself look like as ass.:)

There is no great 'U2 backlash' afoot, only the din of several thousand TEMPORARILY pissed-off people venting all at once.

Some folks are better able to take minor disappointments and inconveniences in stride than others. If you're one of them, well, goody goody for you. It doesn't mean you possess superior moral clarity or intellectual judgment.

Remember all the impassioned treatises on justice, honesty and integrity that sprang up around here in the first flush of post-fake-Edge wrath? What became of all these prospective revolutionaries--did they desert us en masse for U2.com? No, they're still here, and back to discussing their fave ringtones as usual. Ho hum.

This, too, shall pass. And in the meantime, when indulging the temptation to sneer and spit at your allegedly less mature and tolerant fellow fans, you're only demonstrating that you share all their weaknesses in spades.

www.pooinabox.com

has nothing to do with it, but as I somehow got redirected to that site the other day, i thought i'd share it with you. So you can all be as traumatised as I am...
yeah, I thought that would shut you all up for a little while :):wink:

Last edited:
yolland said:
There is no great 'U2 backlash' afoot, only the din of several thousand TEMPORARILY pissed-off people venting all at once.

Some folks are better able to take minor disappointments and inconveniences in stride than others. If you're one of them, well, goody goody for you. It doesn't mean you possess superior moral clarity or intellectual judgment.

Remember all the impassioned treatises on justice, honesty and integrity that sprang up around here in the first flush of post-fake-Edge wrath? What became of all these prospective revolutionaries--did they desert us en masse for U2.com? No, they're still here, and back to discussing their fave ringtones as usual. Ho hum.

This, too, shall pass. And in the meantime, when indulging the temptation to sneer and spit at your allegedly less mature and tolerant fellow fans, you're only demonstrating that you share all their weaknesses in spades.

:up:

You know I guess the Internet is a great place (or not) to vent. Myself, whenever something doesn't go my way, I don't blame everyone and anyone around me. Some things are meant to be, some things you can control and others are so far out of your control that there is nothing you can do. I just wish some "fans" could see it that way.

This is too u2's fault we have made them MILLIONAIRES. A HUNDRED TIMES OVER . PLUIS SOME THERE IS NO REASON WHY ALL THE FLOOR SEATS SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN PUT UP, IF UR A CASUAL U2 FAN U DONT CARE WHERE U SIT. WE DOO!!!!!!!!!!! SO DEAL WITH THAT YOU &%$#

give them a chance to fix the problem , don't they a least deserve that much, what you never fucked up before, didn't you want a second chance? then why not let them try and fix what happened as it seems they are already trying to do and they even apologized lready so they know they fucked up, nothing bugs me more then a bunch of bandwagon jumpers who start bitching the second something doesn't work out perfect for them, I trust U2 will fix this problem as they have always worked hard to win over their fans. Also this shit about the band not caring for their fans well from someone who Bono stopped his car and waved ME over to meet HIM I got to disagree.

i do think a lot of u2 fans whine too much.

they are not the majority of the fan base but only the loudest.
'
db9

I love the "rethinking the love" line too.

And, hell, I'll admit it, I love the bitch and moan threads, too. I have certainly had an entertaining evening reading through them. :)

Reggie Thee Dog said:
You know I guess the Internet is a great place (or not) to vent. Myself, whenever something doesn't go my way, I don't blame everyone and anyone around me. Some things are meant to be, some things you can control and others are so far out of your control that there is nothing you can do. I just wish some "fans" could see it that way.

my thoughts exactly.

I've "rethought" something. I think $165 to crack my head against the rafters is too much.

And while I do think that U2 does bear some responsibility for their site, my blinders about the band have been off for a while. If your expectations are low, disappointment is harder to find.

anyone else had any luck yet?

finally, half an hour ago:
NORTH STAND LOWER
ROW

SECTION 22, ROW 29, SEATS 62 TO 63

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

sallycinnamon78 said:
anyone else had any luck yet?

finally, half an hour ago:
NORTH STAND LOWER
ROW

SECTION 22, ROW 29, SEATS 62 TO 63

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

I'm really pleased you were able to get your tix Sally! :hug:
Which show is it you're gonna be at again?

It's a concert. They're tickets for a concert. It's not like you're buying your rights to be able to have children someday. Regardless of what you think of the prices, this is the prices everyone approved within their organization. The reason they are so high is so they can keep the demand at bay. You think yesterday was bad? What if the tickets cost 25-30 bucks? Tickets would've been harder to get. Every one of us knew the prices before you set out to buy the tickets. I wanted to spend 49.50, but instead paid 96.50. I'm fine with this, I think U2 are worth it, but there is absolutely no way I'd pay 165 for tickets. I have my limits. We all do.

Even before this presale, I knew something would go wrong. I have never had any reason to trust ticketmaster or U2.com. Interference as a fan site could've handled the presales better than they did. So when this presale began, I was pretty much set on getting fucked, and that's what happened. But at least I got tickets, albeit bad ones. U2 are huge. Remember stories of fans in the 80s waiting in the lines for an entire day, just to be turned away cause the shows sold out? This is the equivilent to that.

Reggie Thee Dog said:

You know TM got hammered today, HAMMERED. I know this for a fact. There were people there who were working as hard as they could to fix problems and make it right. However being from the IT World I know that sometimes demand overtakes supply, whether it's tickets or connections to a bank of servers. There were tens of thousands if not more of us hitting TM at the same time. I'm not going to justify their service charges and all that, but I guarantee you that TM isn't sitting around hoping things will work or not doing anything to fix it. Face it computers are no better than an a rude, careless customer service rep at times.

I don't disagree with your reply, but as a ticketing provider, this is not an unusual occurance. Not every show they sell will cause them to be hit like this, but it will happen. And is not to be unexpected even from a non IT perspective. Any rational person will presume the traffic to hit upon the servers will be mammoth for certain headline acts. As a provider for tickets, they need to be equipped to deal with massive hits in a very short amount of time. This could have happened, and probably has already, with absolutely anyone. No one should imply the staff weren't trying to deal with it. I'd hate to have been one of them and it's not their staff's collective faults. But as an organisation, TM have shown a great inability to cope with the level of service which they are capable of, and of which should be expected.

Lancemc said:
Yes, but you totally blew your "well-thought, coherent post" when you decided to type in all caps and make yourself look like as ass.:)

Who cares how I post, the point was made. Unfortunately, it appears that you missed it......

Regardless, I should've realized not to post an aversive and objective opinion about U2 on this site. Such posts generally produce backlash, insults and, ultimately, more & more pro-U2 sentiment.

This is the very reason why I refrained from posting for a long, long time. Guess I'll revert back to my old ways and not post anymore....

If any of you are fortunate enough.......I'll see ya at the show!!!!

diamond said:
i do think a lot of u2 fans whine too much.

they are not the majority of the fan base but only the loudest.
'
db9

Yeah I reckon U2 fans are too harsh on the band and the ticket problems, I mean they are quite reasonably priced. Right I'm just off to buy my £150 ticket hehehe.

Back
Top Bottom