MERGED --> Anyone else seen the COBL video? + Here it is: COBL Video Link+COBL Video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone else think the "tiiiiiime" part is absolutely butchered in this edit? I laughed when it came on. The video is fine, but the live take for it wasn't a good choice. I think Bono sounds terrible.

inmyplace13 said:
Does anyone else think the "tiiiiiime" part is absolutely butchered in this edit? I laughed when it came on. The video is fine, but the live take for it wasn't a good choice. I think Bono sounds terrible.
I was laughing also..it was horrible:|

Very nice! I'm suddenly filled with longing to be back in GA in Chicago...this video really captures the feeling of the song live. :up:

I downloaded the video. And I must say it's absolutely stunning. All it is is a performance video as if plucked right from a Vertigo concert. It really shows the beautiful lighting well and the band is really into it. Watchting this video takes me right back to the Philly concert last month, my first U2 concert ever. It's a wonderful feeling.

I'm not impressed. I like concert videos, but I like real music videos(that doesn't mean performance videos either), the kind that tell a story, the kind that are artistic, that make you feel like you've just watched a short film. New Year's Day, The Unforgettable Fire, All I Want Is You, One(Drag Version), Stay(Faraway, So Close), Lemon, Numb, IGWSHA, Please, etc.

Not only is this my favorite song off the new album, it's video is live!

Nov 1, can't come fast enough!

So that intro at the start, is coming from that keyboard thing Adam is playing?

stagman said:
Well it's better than most of their videos anyhow.
I think it's at least alright.

What? Jesus Christ no. Just...no.

U2 has had some great stylish videos in the past. Beautiful Art Direction...innovative. Check out any of the videos mentioned namkcuR. This doesn't hold a candle to them.

That said you are totally welcome to your opinion.

Man I'm just becoming cynical about them in general. The album didn't really do anything for me...the tour, so far, just kind of seems flat and weak compared to what I'm used to and the videos have just been lackluster (except for Vertigo which was ok at best).

Where'd the energy go? :(

Oh well. I'll still be in Atlanta in November waiting 10+ hours in line! They're still my favorite band!

"Staring at the Sun" had no plot, no story, but it was visually stunning.

For me though, it's all about U2 live, better than music videos with story lines, plots, something going on, with just a play back of the album song.

"Video killed the radio star, picture came and broke your heart. And now we meet in an abandoned studio.
We hear the playback and it seems so long ago.
And you remember the jingles used to go. "

FYI, City of Blinding Lights, IS up on U2.com.

CD1
1. City Of Blinding Lights (Radio Edit)
2. All Because Of You (Killahurtz Fly Mix)

CD2
1. City Of Blinding Lights (Radio Edit)
2. The Fly (Live at 'Stop Sellafield' Concert)
3. Even Better Than The Real Thing (Live at 'Stop Sellafield' Concert)

DVD
1. City Of Blinding Lights (Live at Brooklyn Bridge) - video
2. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own - video
3. City Of Blinding Lights - audio

U2.com, isn't as useless as some of people claim.

Ooh I want CD2 and the DVD.

u2.com now has a live clip of COBL from most likely one of the shows they filmed in Chicago

I have to say I like that clip a lot better than the official video

Back
Top Bottom