MERGED->Amazon.com HTDAAB Fan Review Statistics+How credible are those Amazon review

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All of the negative ones are garbage. Just the anti-u2 crowd coming out in force. Interesting to note that they are usually written by first time reviewers.

intedomine said:
All of the negative ones are garbage. Just the anti-u2 crowd coming out in force. Interesting to note that they are usually written by first time reviewers.
check out 5 stars reviews as well...

PS: stop saying "1 star reviewers are just anti- U2" and all that. That´s not true at all. People simply dislike this album, no matter you are or aren´t agree with that. :crack:

There´s a problem with every new U2 album, I mean, it must be something holy. If anyone says "Boy is just crap", "Pop is horrible", etc, nobody feel as bad as if someone say "HTDAAB is the same crap again". What´s the point with a new album? we can´t dislike it because it´s new? :yuck:

If you don´t want to see the truth, that´s your problem. People simply don´t like this album, at least they´re very divided.

I know U2 can do so much better than this ATYCLB II cocktail ;)

Last edited:
ponkine said:
check out 5 stars reviews as well...

PS: stop saying "1 star reviewers are just anti- U2" and all that. That´s not true at all. People simply dislike this album, no matter you are or aren´t agree with that. :crack:

There´s a problem with every new U2 album, I mean, it must be something holy. If anyone says "Boy is just crap", "Pop is horrible", etc, nobody feel as bad as if someone say "HTDAAB is the same crap again". What´s the point with a new album? we can´t dislike it because it´s new? :yuck:

If you don´t want to see the truth, that´s your problem. People simply don´t like this album, at least they´re very divided.

I know U2 can do so much better than this ATYCLB II cocktail ;)

What's the point of you literally posting the same thing over and over again? The fact that you seem to attaining gratification from incessantly slagging an album is really sad IMO. Don't you have anything else better to do?

As I have said before I am waiting for U2 to release Passengers volume 2 under the U2 name and get rid of the morons in the fanbase for good wouldnt bother me any, of course U2 are too ambitious to do that I think they enjoy knowing people are listening to them. I love the new album I think it is a brilliant piece of work, better then the majority of what U2 has done in the past so I dont care what Amazon.com has to tell me because if you look at the world wide affiliates of amazon.com the album gets much better reviews. Simple fact is a lot of Americans have been taking an anti-U2 stance for a long time its really nothing new.

Yahweh said:
a lot of Americans have been taking an anti-U2 stance for a long time its really nothing new.

that sounds weird :eyebrow: I mean, U2 changed their avant garde style for a completely safe- radio friendly- mainstream one because of U.S toughts about Zooropa and Pop :sad:. They loved at first sight ATYCLB and now they hate HTDAAB. I really don´t understand them, I mean, HTDAAB is pretty much ATYCLB :scratch:

Maybe they noticed - at last !!! :D :laugh: ATYCLB wasn´t as good as the hype machine said at that time ;) and now they´re discovering Zooropa and Pop as well :bump: :rockon: :camera: :applaud:

People are strange - Jim Morrison

The album is down to 3 stars and going down fast because the same people keep posting 1 star reviews over and over again, but it doesnt seem to be hurting the album sales on the chart itself, its just that the anti-U2 crowd has come out in force to review this CD.

what the hell has happend over on amazon? down to 3 stars? so many 1 star reviews? is this really the feeling about the album?

The more people hate it the better if you ask me. Maybe we will get to have U2 back to ourselves again.

The album is great by the way and history should be kind to it.

Do you know what? I´ve found something quite interesting :scratch: While Critics album reviews were very generous with the band - well, you know what people think about Rolling Stone magazine :down: and other U2 support ones - actually fans reviews have been ratter harsh.

I can understand you if you think www.amazon.com aren´t too serious :eyebrow: but just go, for example, to www.metacritic.com that´s what I´m talking about. You´ll find a huge difference between critics and fans rating. :help:

Critics: 7.8 out of 10
Fans: 6.2 out of 10
And that is a serious site.

Go to www.cduniverse.com

Fans Rating: 3.2 out of 5

Go to www.epinions.com

Fans Rating: 3.5 out of 5

So I can say www.amazon.com reviews are truly credible

peace :wave:

Sleep Over Jack said:
Please go away..
why? you simply don´t want to see the truth. Come on, give me another of your endless repertorie of insults again and again :tsk:

PS: you won´t want to see All That You Can´t Leave Behind fan rating from www.metacritics.com:shocked:

Last edited:
Hoodlem said:
The more people hate it the better if you ask me. Maybe we will get to have U2 back to ourselves again.

I agree. You can't sell U2's music to people who like Britney Spears or Eminem. It doesn't work this way. It doesn't matter if they sell 4 million of 14 million albums. POP wasn't a best-seller yet it's a great album. U2's all been more then just MTV and radio and they don't need to be praised by people you know shit about music.
ATYCLB and HTDAAB are too radio friendly,
it's musical populism.
It's pop. I prefer rock.

ponkine said:
why? you simply don´t want to see the truth. Come on, give me another of your endless repertorie of insults again and again :tsk:

PS: you won´t want to see All That You Can´t Leave Behind fan rating from www.metacritics.com:shocked:

I have rarely seen a positive post from you on this site, just constant, repetitive bashing designed to provoke and anger people.

I mean at least you could try and be funny.

Marr said:

I agree. You can't sell U2's music to people who like Britney Spears or Eminem. It doesn't work this way. It doesn't matter if they sell 4 million of 14 million albums. POP wasn't a best-seller yet it's a great album. U2's all been more then just MTV and radio and they don't need to be praised by people you know shit about music.
ATYCLB and HTDAAB are too radio friendly,
it's musical populism.
It's pop. I prefer rock.

Y'know, theres a lot of "pop" in The Smiths sound.

I want to know how Vertigo, Sometimes You Cant Make It On Your Own, Miracle Drug and so on sound anything like Eminem or Britney Spears?

Yahweh said:
I want to know how Vertigo, Sometimes You Cant Make It On Your Own, Miracle Drug and so on sound anything like Eminem or Britney Spears?

They're in English.

Wait, Vertigo ...

Sleep Over Jack said:

Y'know, theres a lot of "pop" in The Smiths sound.

not that kind of pop, not something like "vertigo"....
I'd say that the Smiths were always indie or alternative call it what you will, but they stand there with bands like The Clash, Jane's Addcition or Faith No More. Their sound is different but their values and principles are anti-pop.

Yahweh said:

I didn't tell it sounds like that.
I said that U2 are trying to SELL their music to fans of those "artists' no matter what. And my question was "why?"

Marr said:

not that kind of pop, not something like "vertigo"....
I'd say that the Smiths were always indie or alternative call it what you will, but they stand there with bands like The Clash, Jane's Addcition or Faith No More. Their sound is different but their values and principles are anti-pop.

I've never heard any punk rock riffs from The Smiths...they had a lot of melody in their sound, which is a major component of pop, even if their lyrics were not.

Sleep Over Jack said:

I've never heard any punk rock riffs from The Smiths...they had a lot of melody in their sound, which is a major component of pop, even if their lyrics were not.

and where did i say they do sound punk rock?

Sleep Over Jack said:
You said Vertigo was pop, I'm just pointing out its heavier than what The Smiths came up with..

so it's a heavy guitar driven, radio friendly pop song...

Marr said:

so it's a heavy guitar driven, radio friendly pop song...

Yeah it has pop elements, but basically its a rock and roll song, and last time I checked, rock and roll has always had melody. I dunno, I think its bad to bandy around the "pop" label like its a bad thing, but its obviously got a very negative connotation in these times due to the hyper-marketed, manufactured drivel that is furring the arteries of the charts.

Yahweh said:
Why is The Fly any different?

I think The Fly is a more unique song, but you're right in that it has big pop elements to, lot of melody in there, yet you never really hear it being referred to as anything less than "rock"..so certainly if Fly is rock, then Vertigo has to be.

Rose-coloured shades I think.

Yahweh said:
Why is The Fly any different?

You think there is no difference between The Fly and Vertigo?
Let me point out a few:
1.The Fly's lyrics have a meaning
2. It's no radio friendly
3. It sounds a lot more aggressive and rock and roll then any song on the Bomb. They had different attitude then....

Marr said:

You think there is no difference between The Fly and Vertigo?
Let me point out a few:
1.The Fly's lyrics have a meaning
2. It's no radio friendly
3. It sounds a lot more aggressive and rock and roll then any song on the Bomb. They had different attitude then....

Just out of interest, please tell me what The Fly lyrics say to you, and why you deem them to be meaningful..

Back
Top Bottom