MERGED ----> Am I the only Yahweh lover? + Yahweh = Africa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No you arent the only fan of it :wink:

And for those people that say a song reminds them of something or other, expect that to happen for the rest of U2s career, they have came out with 11 studio albums now and after awhile just like Edge said it is very hard not to sound like yourself anymore.

After listening to Yahweh for the 25th time today, it seems that

1979 (Smashing Pumpkins) + Electrolyte (REM) = Yahweh

If you shout... said:

Regardless, I now can't help but wonder if God wears lemon....?

:lol: that's brilliant.

Okay, I know no one cares, but I just want to gush over Yahweh some more... when I posted before I really liked it, but it wasn't nessecarily up there as one of my faovurites, and I believe I rated it an 8/10 on my review in another thread... however now I've changed my mind. This song deserves a strong 10/10.

I was listening to Yahweh today on the bus home from school, and toward the end, when the "whoooooah-whooooah-whoooooooah-whooooah-whooooooooooooooooooooooah's" started, I looked out the window and there was this HUGE flock of birds, flying in sort of a circle, the sky with a slight orange tint as the sun was beginning to set... and I remember being just completely breathtaken. It was a perfect moment...and I thought "this must be a sign from God." Now, I'm not a religious person in the slightest... it's a long story but basically my mom went crazy (she was bipolar and undiagnosed at the time, no one knew), thought God was talking to her, all this crap...it was a wild time in my life, and for awhile I really did believe, 'cause there were so many coincidences and I guess it maybe seemed real... people were calling her crazy, my dad wanted to take me away from her, she was in the mental hospital for awhile... once I believed, though there was always doubt in my mind, I didn't want to not believe anymore... but in the end I just broke down and cried for hours on my dad and stepmom's shoulders, and I hate crying in front of others. I feel so weak. I remember listening to Wake Up Dead Man on repeat, because it fit my feelings so perfectly. If there was a God, why the hell did he allow this to happen? My faith had left me. I felt like such an idiot after all that happened, for actually believing for awhile... that led to a downward spiral where I did some things I really shouldn't have. I was really lost there for awhile and I've got the scars to prove it, but I got better... never recovered my faith though, from then on I basically avoided thinking about it altogether. Yet at that moment, when I was listening to Yahweh and looked up at the sky, I thought of God. And again when I was lying with my little brother and sister, I reflected on it... and for a second there I think I really believed again. For something to make me even CONSIDER the question of God and such is quite a feat... even if it's just in passing, though now the question is in my mind again. All thanks to Yahweh... what a beautiful, brilliant, wonderful, spritiual, strong song. Thank you Bono, Edge, Adam, and Larry.

sorry, didn't mean to go off on a LJ-style rant or tell my whole life story or something...I dunno...I just started typing and it all came out. Stuff I haven't had the guts to say in a long time. So...uh...yeah, Yahweh's a good song. :D

To me this song epitomizes every piece of U2's recording history...I think that every "sound" of U2, from the 80's to present, is represented in this one song.

AtomicBono, my sweet PLEBAn sister.....:hug:

Reading your post....I couldn't help but cry. Thank you so much for sharing yourself. I think I can understand your fondness for Pop now, I think that album reflects a dark time in Bono's own faith.

I'd like to tell you something....if you want email me, k? elev8mehere@yahoo.com

(sorry for the thread hijacking, guys)

[end of off topic] :D

AtomicBono said:

:lol: that's brilliant.

I was listening to Yahweh today on the bus home from school, and toward the end, when the "whoooooah-whooooah-whoooooooah-whooooah-whooooooooooooooooooooooah's" started, I looked out the window and there was this HUGE flock of birds, flying in sort of a circle, the sky with a slight orange tint as the sun was beginning to set... and I remember being just completely breathtaken. It was a perfect moment...and I thought "this must be a sign from God." Now, I'm not a religious person in the slightest... it's a long story but basically my mom went crazy (she was bipolar and undiagnosed at the time, no one knew), thought God was talking to her, all this crap...it was a wild time in my life, and for awhile I really did believe, 'cause there were so many coincidences and I guess it maybe seemed real... people were calling her crazy, my dad wanted to take me away from her, she was in the mental hospital for awhile... once I believed, though there was always doubt in my mind, I didn't want to not believe anymore... but in the end I just broke down and cried for hours on my dad and stepmom's shoulders, and I hate crying in front of others. I feel so weak. I remember listening to Wake Up Dead Man on repeat, because it fit my feelings so perfectly. If there was a God, why the hell did he allow this to happen? My faith had left me. I felt like such an idiot after all that happened, for actually believing for awhile... that led to a downward spiral where I did some things I really shouldn't have. I was really lost there for awhile and I've got the scars to prove it, but I got better... never recovered my faith though, from then on I basically avoided thinking about it altogether. Yet at that moment, when I was listening to Yahweh and looked up at the sky, I thought of God. And again when I was lying with my little brother and sister, I reflected on it... and for a second there I think I really believed again. For something to make me even CONSIDER the question of God and such is quite a feat... even if it's just in passing, though now the question is in my mind again. All thanks to Yahweh... what a beautiful, brilliant, wonderful, spritiual, strong song. Thank you Bono, Edge, Adam, and Larry. :D

Well, I'm glad that you thought my God/lemon comment was funny...!

I just wanted to say that I was really touched by what you wrote, there. I, too, have lost my faith over the last year--never knew things could possibly be as bad as they were and still are. While neither this song nor this album nor anything else will ever recall my faith for me at this point, I can relate to the general idea of U2's music giving me a reason to keep going. They didn't help to send me back into God's arms or anything like that, but they have once again given me a reason to believe in SOMETHING. Beautiful story--I got goosebumps. Thanks for sharing something so intimate and telling. If U2 is still able to have that sort of impact on someone's life, then I'm a happy camper...even if I don't think this album is all that super great...! :applaud:

Back
Top Bottom