MERGED-->All U2 iTunes Digital Box set Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also missing "Everlasting Love", "Unchained Melody" and "Neon Lights..."

Don't get me wrong... it's d'loading now. It's just disappointing in a way that they'd give this much stuff and still leave stuff out. Kinda like, what's the point of calling it "The Complete..." if it isn't?

Norse said:
Umm where is Atomic Bomb? Sorta incomplete...

Its there.

Vertigo 3:14 U2 The Complete U2 - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb $0.99

Just go back to the page with the complete listing and search for the word atomic via the edit button

Vertigo 3:14 U2 The Complete U2 - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb $0.99
Miracle Drug 3:58 U2 The Complete U2 - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb $0.99
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own 5:08 U2 The Complete U2 - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb $0.99
Love and Peace or Else 4:50 U2 The Complete U2 - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb $0.99
City of Blinding Lights 5:47 U2 The Complete U2 - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb $0.99
All Because of You 3:39 U2 The Complete U2 - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb $0.99
A Man and a Woman 4:30 U2 The Complete U2 - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb $0.99
Crumbs from Your Table 5:03 U2 The Complete U2 - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb $0.99
One Step Closer 3:51 U2 The Complete U2 - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb $0.99
Original of the Species 4:41 U2 The Complete U2 - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb $0.99
Yahweh 4:41 U2 The Complete U2 - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb $0.99
Fast Cars 3:43 U2 The Complete U2 - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb $0.99

You can buy HTDAAB seperately for 9.99 as well.

Last edited:
jmelrose said:
Also missing "Everlasting Love", "Unchained Melody" and "Neon Lights..."

Don't get me wrong... it's d'loading now. It's just disappointing in a way that they'd give this much stuff and still leave stuff out. Kinda like, what's the point of calling it "The Complete..." if it isn't?

Those are covers, perhaps the original artist didnt allow those songs to be included.

jmelrose,
yep you caught it as well...i also noticed apparently no "dancing barefoot." why exactly do they include the "main discs" of the greatest hits packages, but NOT the b-sides? and yet, they're available for individual purchase??? strange.

Corndog Jenkins said:
jmelrose,
yep you caught it as well...i also noticed apparently no "dancing barefoot." why exactly do they include the "main discs" of the greatest hits packages, but NOT the b-sides? and yet, they're available for individual purchase??? strange.

The original b-sides discs are considered limited edition. The b-sides are available when you purchase the singles or the Complete. Dunno if they are available singularly.

again songs like Dancing Barefoot, Everlasting Love etc are covers and U2 may not have permission to release those on I-Tunes.

Are people on the East Coast able to purchase this yet? It won't let me here in Colorado. I'm enjoying the 30-second previews though. Wow, 446 songs.

bonosleftone said:

The original b-sides discs are considered limited edition. The b-sides are available when you purchase the singles or the Complete. Dunno if they are available singularly.

again songs like Dancing Barefoot, Everlasting Love etc are covers and U2 may not have permission to release those on I-Tunes.

So the b-sides ARE included with the "Complete U2" purchase? The iTunes layout is slightly confusing (well, to me anyway)

Corndog Jenkins said:

So the b-sides ARE included with the "Complete U2" purchase? The iTunes layout is slightly confusing (well, to me anyway)

yes it looks like the majority of the singles and b-sides are included, however some of the cover songs (i.e Everlasting Love) are omitted probably due to artist rights and the original artists not wanting their songs (covers or not) on I-Tunes.

Corndog Jenkins said:

It is confusing at first. Click on The Complete U2 and you'll get a more expanded list broken down by album and singles.

Tons of b-sides and remixes.

EXIT_TO_THE_NORTH said:
anybody ……………

iTunes or Lossless cd burn?

would I lose a lot buying the AAC fornatted tunes ? help pls …

you know, I'll probably buy both , but …

I don't understand the choice. Lossless CD burn? Are you referring only to "HTDAAB" or the whole box? Cuz I think the whole box only gives choice 1.

So what else is missing? Let's make a contest out of who can find the most tracks which should be on here (ie: commercially released at some point) yet aren't...

This is really a crap list when you break it down.

Yes there are MANY people out there that will find it amazing and I truly applaud U2 for doing this. However there are too many omissions IMO, too many repeated tracks, and very little to entice the long time hardcore fan that has all of it to buy.

Frankly Im a bit perturbed. The one area of the selection that I want (Unreleased and Rare) I cannot get without buying the whole thing.

sorry U2 I love ya and buy everything but I pass on this simply because there is just not enough that I dont have. I already have all the albums on my I-Pod as well as the b-sides.

Theres literally 10 tracks at most I want, and I cant get em. For shame.

Beautiful Ghost sounds like a VERY VERY early Streets, but I can only listen to the snippet right now, so I can't quite say for sure.

This is so funny! I just listened to the clip for the original Twilight. I have to say I'm glad they made some improvements! :D

I really hope that some kind soul will post the unreleased stuff. It really sucks that they're not offering the stuff that is of the most interest to the people on this site is not available for singular purchasing.

jmelrose said:
I am still, at this time 12:11 EST, downloading. The files flow like water, in fact...

So exactly how did you buy it? I'm not sure I am buying it from the correct place as the error message says it price may have change or it is available for sale in another place or something like that. Also, how do I redeem the coupon if anyone knows?

jmelrose said:
I am still, at this time 12:11 EST, downloading. The files flow like water, in fact...

Yeah, I'm in Mountain Time and am unable to download. I guess I won't be able to download till I get back from the midnight release at Tower. I was hoping to have it downloaded by then so that I can take it with me. Oh well, I'll just enjoy the previews for now. :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom