MERGED --> All U2.com questions/help discussion here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
uwwedoogie said:
i joined a week ago and they said they'll send me a 2nd email to confirm payment, but I've only recieved 1, has any body else got this problem

Yes, lots of us :mad:

I called today and spoke to an even bigger moron that read me something from his screen that said they were having problems with anyone that signed up from Nov23 - Dec. 20 (I think?) and everything would be updated by this week :blahblah: I dont even have access to anything other than my login.. no member benefits whatsoever. I asked to speak to a supervisor and he said no way a supervisor would get on the phone. How about if I go down there and kick all their asses??? :angry:

Found this on another forum. If this is true, it at least eases my fears of getting in on the presale.

"I have called Fanfire again today. I spoke to a girl who didn't have a clue so I INSISTED that I speak to a supervisor. I was transferred to a very helpful guy called Eddie. Here is what I was told:

1.Subscriptions that were taken out between the 2nd and 13th of December were not downloaded correctly to the Fanfire database. This means that all subscriptions between these dates are having to be input into the system manually, by hand!!! This should be finished by Wednesday (22nd Dec).

2. Eddie was able to pull up my account just by inputting my name. Sure enough he had my correct address, phone number and e-mail address. This means that my membership has been input manually and is all up to date. This was completed on 19th December and status of my order is 'awaiting shipment' i.e. it is waiting for my membership card to be sent out. They seem to have run out of cards.

3. Credit cards will not be debited until membership cards are sent out. Therefore, it should mean that anyone who's card has been debited has had their membership card, or will receive it soon.

4. The membership cards are NOT needed to buy tickets. They are strictly a 'souvenir' and the membership number is pretty meaningless.

5. To buy tickets in the pre-sale you only need to know your log-in details. You do NOT need the membership card number or any special PIN number or anything else. Fanfire do this for lots of other big-name bands and you NEVER need any numbers to buy tickets for those, just log-in details.

6. All of this seems to back up the information I was given last week when I called."

Fanfire sucks. I had an issue with them last year. I tried to order something on there and it said my credit card (from my checking aocunt) didn't work. So I tried again, and again, and then I checked my bank balance online and all of the Fanfire charges were there! :mad: :mad: :mad: It took Fanfire a week to credit my account. I had almost $100.00 "pending" that I couldn't use :mad:

So I'm not surprised by any of this at all.

I can access all of the paid membership stuff on U2.com except for the webmail. I haven't gotten my credit card statement yet to see if I actually paid for this or not. :madspit:

I hope when the time comes to buy tickets there isn't any problems like there was with Ticketmaster last time around. I would have seen U2 if it wasn't for them :mad:

U2.com seems to have replaced my membership

I apologize if someone has already posted this somewhere else. Let me know if you are experiencing the same problems. I just sent the following email to U2.com:

December 23, 2004

Hello,

I was a Propaganda subscriber and I began my subscription to U2.com on the evening of 12/1/04 at the propaganda rate of $20. My credit card was charged at that time and I checked my credit card company's website to verify. I have been using my subscription since then as evidenced by the receipt I receive in my regular email inbox and the date of the welcome message in my u2.com email inbox. These were 12/1/04 and 12/2/04, respectively.

Today, I checked my credit card company's website and I noticed that my original charge of $20 was somehow deleted and replaced by a charge of $40 with a transaction date of 12/21/04. Right now, I have two concerns:

1. That I will not get the priority ticketing that was promised under my status as a Propaganda subscriber.
2. That I will be charged the regular $40 rate instead of the $20 Propaganda rate.

I would appreciate a prompt reply to these two concerns. Thank you for your time and happy holidays.

Geez... this is going from bad to worse. I have been a member since '95 and never received a letter. And while you did, it now appears that they have no problems transitioning you from $20 to $40 without warrant. :rolleyes:

I'm now really debating about spending $40 to join U2.com. It seems a nightmare! Do I want to spend $40 on the chance for "better" tickets?

I'm holding out hope that somehow everyone will get refunded their $$ and we'll all be granted a free membership due to so many people's outrage at the terrible way it's all been handled. I understand Fanfire being overwhelmed, but to lose so many addresses is just insane. I never got my letter either, and I won't be giving U2.com a single dime of my money. I'll fight with everyone else online for tickets. :|

Holy Joe! All these stories being posted about payments to u2.com finally made me check my credit card account online. Everyone should check.

I'm not joining either. The early ticket "guarantee" still sounds shady, even if the registration goes smoothly (which apparently they're not).

With all these problems with memberships, can you just IMAGINE the horror that early ticket sales might be?? :no:

What is wrong with those people at FanFire? I should have got a prop letter and didn't and I'm really edgey about that. BUT, if I had got the letter and subscribed and then they replaced the $20 I authorized with $40, I would be livid. What kind of monkey show are they running anyway? :rant:

Well I bit the bullet and just subscribed again :angry:
This time I got a confirmation page after I paid, and the first email and I just got the second email with my order number. Hallefreakinlujah. I can now access webmail and all the forums on Zootopia. I just better not get charged twice! What a load of crap man!

I joined last week and only never got the second e-mail confirming my payment. I've e-mailed them many times and i'm still waiting for the response

*thinks zen*

i'm just worried that i'm not going to signed up before tickets go on sale.

I now have no problems. My Webmail problem was resolved - really quickly and also I can actually see all the videos. I like the site. Ideally they should have tested and had all the quirks in the system worked out before they put it into production. But I have to admit I am finally happy.

I have had no problems since I signed up on Dec 3 except that I never received the 25% coupon for merchandise and the fact that I was a prop member and they charged me 40 instead of 20. My invoice says 20 people!

Hopefully, they will have all the kinks worked out before ticket sales or we will really be screwed.

I have a feeling that the "kinks" are business as usual over there.

I've recieved one email, no membership card and I am joined as a non-subscriber-I used the password they sent me and I still don't get into the full forums and only get 30 seconds video clips??

HEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPPPP

My status!

Hi all!

-My credit card's been charged
-I have access to 'members only/webmail' areas on u2.com
-I have not had membership card by post

As January looms large, I'm a little concerned on this last point.

If, as seems to be the case, a code no. on the membership card is the 'golden ticket' to concert presales, without one, I'm goosed, right???

Re: My status!

irishbusby said:
Hi all!

-I have not had membership card by post

If, as seems to be the case, a code no. on the membership card is the 'golden ticket' to concert presales, without one, I'm goosed, right???

No. The membership card is just a souvenir or keepsake. There will not be a special code on it for the tickets. Your U2.com username and password are all that is needed to qualify for the presale. Just make sure that your username and password give you full access, not just limited access, to the site and you will be all set.

Problem accessing U2.com members site

Like many of us here, I was a long time Propoganda member (16 years+), who did not receive a letter with their discount ID number.

On the 22nd December I decided to pay my $40 to join. Luckily to date I have only been charged once for my membership, however dispite a number of attempts to login to the members area of the web site, I keep being taken back to the regular home page.

I have been sent the confirmation of my membership from U2.com and my credit card has been debited.

Any ideas what I can do next, as currently I have paid for something and have nothing to show for it. I cannot for example access the interview with Adam, which in itself would not concern me, but with the sale of tickets in the next couple of weeks, I am concerned that I may not have access to this.

Any suggestions anyone.

Thanks

It should take you back to the normal page, but if you check to the right of the homepage there should be a red panel headed Hello Hello, then below it says 'Hello (your user name)' and then gives you a break down of all you get with u2.com. If you can watch the videos in full you know you're a fully paid member as only members can watch and listen to all the videos all the way through. Check it out and see if that happens.

Good news - I can see the subscribers forums, not just the general one.

I take it that there is not a seperate members area on u2.com, and that the features etc are in amongst the free site?

Any ideas where I can find the Adam Clayton interview on U2.com?

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom