MERGED--> ALL SLANE Discussion goes here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well as some people have pointed out, the boston audience was also much louder and crazier than what you see and hear on the DVD, but they chose to remove the crowd from many of thier live releases because people don't want to listen to thousands of screeming fans, they want to hear u2's music. I brought this up when people first criticized the boston crowd when the DVD was release and many people didn't seem to believe that this happens regularly with official releases, well I hope slane is enough of an example to prove this to those who doubted. If your still curious then listen to the bootlegs for both shows and hear the difference.

I hope they will show it here Zoomanda. I haven't heard anything about it at all :scream:

Do you have Foxtel or Optus cable tv? I have just e-mailed the Main Event channel to request it - if you go to their website www.mainevent.com.au there is a link to contact them. You can leave a message and supposedly they will get back to you.

I will keep my eyes open for it on tv - if is is going to be on free to air, I guess Rage could roll it in with a U2 special of all the clips - this could be a possibility seeing as the "Best of" album has just been released - keep an eye out for the Rage playlist this weekend. I have also put an entry in the Rage guestbook. I don't know if this will do any good, but if a few others can too it might help. :shrug:

www.abc.net.au/rage/guestbk/guestbk.htm

Amanda, whilst we're on the "it's not fair" theme, you might also like to know that in the Sunday Herald -Sun in Melbourne today, there is a short interview with Edge.

They ask him why the band did not come to Oz last year, and he gives a big spiel about the truth is that it was uneconomical financially, blah, blah, blah...

Where does that leave us for the next tour? Probably scrimping and saving to go back to Europe again I imagine. :( Can't see things suddenly becoming more economically viable in the near future (unless the Victorian government will subsidise it like they were going to do with Paul McCartney until he so kindly decided that it wasn't worth coming here anyway.......).

Have you guys all signed the online petition to put Slane on DVD?

www.u2star.com have a petition on their site, and they plan to send it to Principle Management. So far they have 870 signatures.

Go there and sign if you haven't already! It can't hurt the cause! :)

Re: Slane wipes its arse with Boston

NShaik said:
My only minor grumble is with the audience. I was expecting 80000 pissed Irishmen + women completely losing it. It just seemed a bit tame. No-one really went nuts in Out of Control like they did when I saw them. And when they played Pride, and Bono tried to get the audiance to sing, he wasn't really getting much out of them. It really felt he was trying hard to get them to sing, particularly in Edge's solo, when he tries to do that audiance participation bit

Still lush tho. Loved every second of it. Except the adverts.

Umm mate I was there, and if people went any more nuts than they were going the gig would have to have been stopped!!! It was completely crazy, and you can see that through the footage you watched, can you not see the people jumping up and down NON STOP?! What else do you want, people internally combusting?:eyebrow:
I have the bootleg as well and you can barely hear the band at some stages because the crowd sang so loudly. As someone else pointed out it is a little thing called editing. They also edited out alot of things that went on, Bono made more references to the Ireland Holland match, just hope the full gig makes it onto DVD!!!

Manda, the reason A Sort Of Homecoming wasn't shown was because it was Slane2, not Slane1.

zooropamanda said:
Stupidly, A Sort of Homecoming was not on, so Im told.
Why oh why
Cos it's Slane2 and not Slane1 silly girl;) Manda would our VHS tapes work down under? I could prob make ya a copy?

youre telling me this all over the forum arent ya?
other people said it was parts from both, tis not me!!!!!!!!!
awww arent u sweet, ive already actually had someone else offer it for me, but thanks anyway matey :)

u2 fans are the coolest

Yeah u know thats a good point, LD. They showed Boston on Main Event. I will email them! Good idea.

We got that article in last weekend's paper too. Yeah, it was kinda heart breaking to read. Have u noticed there hasn't been anything much about the release of the Best Of on the radio and in the papers? That article was the only thing Ive seen.
I think even the Aussie press has given up on U2 :(

Paul Mc 's reasons for cancelling are bogus. Those reasons should have been why he DID perform, not cancel. Thats one thing U2 got right with NY last year. Poor form, Mr McCartney.

p.s. They keep playing u2 at the cricket !

there could be a u2 special on rage soon..i was looking thorough the rage playlists on the website today, and there has been u2 specials so far

one in 1998 & in 2000....so lets hope

Re: Re: Slane wipes its arse with Boston

lazyboy said:

Umm mate I was there, and if people went any more nuts than they were going the gig would have to have been stopped!!! It was completely crazy, and you can see that through the footage you watched, can you not see the people jumping up and down NON STOP?! What else do you want, people internally combusting?:eyebrow:

Well, be that as it may, it just didn't come across on camera. It was mainly in Pride, when Bono was trying to do that bit during Edge's solo, where he sings with the crowd, and gets them to sing. I just felt he was having to try hard to get them involved.

Actually, on second watching, After the quite bit in Out of Control, when it goes back into the verse, what u do see is 80000 people jumping up and down, as if they were just one massive body of people. Pretty special

there was a special on U2 Slane over here
but since it was on MTV Holland I forgot to watch and/or tape it

I read this today

Column: off the record..., vol. 2-58 - @U2, November 09, 2002 - Matt McGee

?Juicy rumor mill update: not to promise anything, but it seems like we could be seeing the Slane Concert DVD on store shelves sooner rather than later. A fan in Ireland (hi DH) emailed a couple weeks ago with news from a friend who had worked on the production crew at Slane, and this friend had been told there were plans for a very quiet release of the DVD next March. By "quiet," he compared it to the release of the Robbie Williams Slane video in 1999 which was (so I'm told) unannounced and which no one knew about until the video arrived in stores. Then a few days ago another email comes in from a fan in Canada who had attended one of the radio-sponsored Slane video screenings. This fan, who works in radio, was speaking with a Universal Music Canada rep., who said that the Slane DVD will be released (in Canada, at least) on November 19th. (gasp!) Tried to do some digging on this during the latter part of the week, asked around via email, and didn't come up with anything solid to back it up -- but also didn't come up with anything to flatly refute the idea of an imminent Slane DVD release. Still, consider it nothing more than rumor for now. ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also ? I believe I read it somewhere that a U2 fan spoke with Dallas Schoo a week ago at a Bruce Springsteen concert in Sweden (?) and he said it was coming out in a couple weeks. I remember fans speculating that Dallas probably meant these Slane TV specials but who knows now ?!

Slane In Mexico/Some countries of South America

SKY Satellite TV system is going to broadcast Slane today at 6 PM!!! Channel 186!! I plan to do an audio bootleg from the broadcast, since it is pretty damn good quality! Which program should I use to record it?

I was told so, but actually you are right!! It doesn't say it is the Slane show, it just says it is a show from elevation tour. Damn. we'll have to wait and see what it really is. There are good chances that it is Slane, as Boston has already been shown up in countless ocasions and SKY has been broadcasting new concerts lately. Lets hope it is!

SKY sucks!!! They just shown musrt of the band videos but no fucking SLANE!!!! They had annouinced it as a new live performance from elevation tour but no Live performance, just videos!!! SHIT!

Zooropamanda, Bonoman and other Aussies....:wave:

I sent an e-mail to the people at Main Event tv regarding whether they might show the Slane concert, and they replied with the following today:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
We have not been offered this U2 event ? so we?ll forward your email to our Management for their consideration.

Cheers,

Main Event Television
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please email them if you can - at least it might be up for "consideration" if a few more people ask them about it - go to

http://www.mainevent.com.au/contact.asp

Please any U2 fans from other countries who would be willing to help us poor Aussies :wink: , please email them also. It doesn't take much - there's just a little form to fill in - would take like 1 minute.......PLEASE!!!!!!:)

i sent them an e-mail....and i dont even have austar...but a freind of mine has the austar thing 'chiped' so he can get all the channels & hes only paying the basic price,

but if he carnt tape it for me...can someone here?:wink:

Back
Top Bottom