MERGED--> All New Prop/U2.com Membership Discussion here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With Prop you couldn't get more than two tickets to a single show, but you could get tickets for more than one show...and usually on both legs of the tour. Well worth the $40 if they continue that guarantee, but I see no reason to renew this new membership when they're not touring...

i am totally a rookie to this whole thing, so if someone could help me out I would be grateful. I am trying to be u2 groupie this tour and go to more than a few shows.

First question, I want to get a mix of GA and regular seats. Now the priority seating they give us, are they really good seats? If its front row or lower level, Im there. But if its like half way up, its not really worth it. Second question, is this subscription available now? And If I pay the $40, do you think I'll be able to get tickets to like 4-5 shows? Thanks in advance.

Anyone know who I might be able to contact at U2.com or the old Prop? I'm afraid I'll miss their letter since I've moved and I'm sure they dont' have my addy. :(

I didn't see any info. on how to sign up yet at U2.com either, so I guess we're waiting on that.

thanks all!

Cheryl

I went to a David Bowie show in NYC a few years ago with a friend that was a Bowie fan club member -- I think for $60 or something. Anyway, has anyone else bought tickets this way? I know there are bands like Coldplay that have ticket offers for fans on their email but once the password gets out, it's a free-for-all. So if you pay, do you get the password first and hope non-subscribers don't get ahold of it or do they only sell tickets to people with subscriptions by making you sign in as you only?

My understanding w/ Prop last leg was that you could only request two tickets to one show. Did anyone else get multiple tickets for different cities?

i.e. 2 for LA, 2 for Las Vegas?

I'm wondering if I should do this or not. I guess $40 a year isn't too bad of a deal if it means access to GA tickets or great non-GA seats - especially if I can just cancel after one year and sign up again just before the next tour. I'm afraid the interest in this tour is going to be so high that it's going to be next to impossible to get anything but nosebleed seats unless you go to a scalper. All these stories from former Propaganda members are scaring me, though. :yikes: Oh, well, I've got time to decide - it's not like the tour kicks off tomorrow.

u2valleygirl said:
My understanding w/ Prop last leg was that you could only request two tickets to one show. Did anyone else get multiple tickets for different cities?

i.e. 2 for LA, 2 for Las Vegas?

I got 2 tickets for a Birmingham (uk) concert & Slane concert from prop last time around:)

like many people have said ad naseum, this deal is only good if the "priority access" to tickets are for seats that are PRIME and not some garbage top of the first level tickets. I did the Prop thing for POPMART and got 4th row in Oakland, so if they did that sort of thing again then I'm all for it. Even then, this sounds like a deal where you'd cancel and then sign-up before the next tour.

:banghead:

The problems that I have:

- From experience on other "priority ticket" internet sites -- it is always very difficult to get through. I just trust a person on the other end opening envelopes a lot more that the randomness of the web. Great that we are (hopefully) getting tickets but lets remember that we are still paying for them.

- Money is still money - even though $20 is not a lot - it might be to some people. And really it's about THE POWER OF ACCUMULATION...the more money you have, the more it compounds, the more it accumulates...they've held onto our money, it has grown for them. I don't have a problem with that. I have a problem with them asking for MORE -- to me it's pushing the envelope and smells of GREED.

- An original agreement is actually a contract, isn't it???

Don't be evil.

:banghead: :madspit:

That looks like THE fan club.

So, basically, Prop members are getting their subscription price refunded as a credit to something most of us fans would buy anyways for premium tix access.

I tried getting presale from U2.com last go around a couple of times... no luck. I got exactly what I asked for from Prop 2 GA for Hamilton and 2 GC for Buffalo.

The only other presale I've tried was Peter Gabriel - Growing Up and I wound up with 2nd row in Toronto. But I have to admit that there are many more current U2 fans, more competition.

Anyways, I'm hopeful that I'll have the same decent Prop luck for the upcoming tour. :cool:

Got mine too...but then I knew my Prop subscription had expired. I guess those that still have an active one will get some kind of promotional code to enter in order to get the $20 off the price??

got mine....guess we'll see what happens wont we

$40 tonight for the fan club + $35 tomorrow for the box set....i'm gonna need a second job to stay a U2 fan

I'm registered with U2.com....I thought. But not propaganda...was I supposed to get a letter too? I feel left out...:(

nurse chrissi said:
actually 40 USD is less than other bands charge for fan clubs - I believe that the Sting fan club was around 60 dollars (which I couldn't justify) when his tour started
FYI: Dave Matthews Band charges $30-$35. Fan club members get a CD each year of live performances, plus some photos, postcards, a sticker or two, and a keychain.

They also have an online ticketing system. DMB plays like 100 shows every year, so the priority ticketing always comes in handy.

U2.com - subscription required

Has anyone checked out U2.com yet? Some news on new and "improved" official website which will be launched shortly. Main bit of news is that there will be subscription to get access to parts of the site $40 for non-propaganda members and $20 for members. Propaganda is NOT coming back.

What is interesting though is that if you do pay subscription, you get priority for concert tickets. Wonder where the $$ is going to!?

Hopefully this new paid fan club is not run by Signatures Networks/ Fan Fire, though the $40.00 annual fee sounds very reminiscent of other bands' affiliations with this company, and the $40 has been pretty much wasted cash in the other cases. Priority ticketing is usually just access to a presale password with no guarantees and usually mediocre seats.
I'll have to check it out.

If its still an independent fan club like Prop was then it sounds good, however if its run by a separate entity, specifically Signatures Network/ Fan Fire (and the $40 per year is standard for them), buyer beware, they run online "fanclubs" for lots of bands, your priority ticketing will be a presale password with no gurantees and usually not the best seats in the house based on past experiences with other bands.

Back
Top Bottom