MERGED--> ALL Miracle Drug Discussion + Edge Vocal on Miracle Drug??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
its...ok apart from the "Freedom has a scent
Like the top of a new born baby’s head " like most people I'm all over the place with this album! fave is still Yahweh at the mo!

Axver said:

I've gone as far as to proclaim it's the best song since WOWY.

I've gone as far as to proclaim it the best song since 'Bad' and any songs from any other band. How U2 can still do this is unbelievable. They really are back, but not with a bang, rather a fucking huge nuclear fission blast! :hyper:

Best song. I cried too. They lyrics are beautiful as well as the inspirition for them.

#1 hit? No. #1 classic u2 song? Yes. It could chart well, more like like Clocks (Coldplay) type of hit.

Mark

its on my top 5...

man, ive been saying about miracle drug since the beach leak...

its the next WOWY...

It's nice that the song sounds as good as we were all hoping it would. The beach clip sounded really hopeful. I'm glad that it wasn't a let down.

Love and logic keep us clear..........

That is one of the best lyrics Ive ever heard :wink: :yes: :yes: :yes:

I may be weird but I think of this song I think of another Joshua Tree video like Bono overlooking the Desert singing.....Sorry getting ahead of myself :p

Good song....very good song!

bloodysunday972 said:
Love and logic keep us clear..........

That is one of the best lyrics Ive ever heard :wink: :yes: :yes: :yes:

I may be weird but I think of this song I think of another Joshua Tree video like Bono overlooking the Desert singing.....Sorry getting ahead of myself :p

Good song....very good song!

Its not good... Its AMAZING!!!

I can understand if some1 says its their best ever U2 song.

Where is Edge singing in Miracle Drug

Hey, It must be getting late or I dont know what it is by I cant hear the edges solo in Miracle Drug. Everyone on the forum is talking about it but were is it...

I still hear the waves and locusts from the beach clip around 2:20.
this song - musical xanax- it has a landscape to it that is similar to UF for me - it is positively beautiful
Live - soooooo nummy
edge:drool:

it usually does ... but edge usually doesn't do lead. the vocal is sort of like van diemen's land in terms of the range...

I couldn't even tell it was him.

OK guys I DO NOT think that's The Edge. Why bother letting him even sing when he sounds EXACTLY like Bono? I don't think that's him at all.

Last edited:
I feel you really need to listen through headphones to hear the different voices. That said, now that I'm aware of it, I hear Edge very distinctly. I guess it's one of those cases of once you know, it seems incredibly obvious and you can't believe you missed it.

I couldn't even tell it was him.

OK guys I DO NOT think that's The Edge. Why bother letting him even sing when he sounds EXACTLY like Bono? I don't think that's him at all..

I totally agree. I just have a lot of trouble picking out Edge's vocals from Bono's.
Its very wierd in HTDAAB, I never had this problem before.

Edge's Vocals

Was anybody else pleasantly surprised by Edge's lead vocal stint on Miracle Drug? It only lasted 20 seconds but it's the first time since 'Numb' that he sang lead on record. I've always though he's one of the most underrated singers in rock, and this only further enforces that opinion.

Told you we had nothing to worry about AussieU2fanman! (Well to be honest I was a little curious as to why it hadn't been mentioned recently as well...) I expected a lot of this song and it has blown me away and exceeded them!

Ok, I have been listening to this fabulous album for over 12 hours now.

Slight problem... I thought Miracle Drug was the most powerful song I have heard in a decade.

But now it is growing on me! :huh: :ohmy: :wink:

Are you really really sure that's Edge on MD?

I do not think it's him.

What makes you think its him?

MD makes me cry...

I'm listening to it for the first time. I have goosebumps and honestly I'm close to tears.

Back
Top Bottom