MERGED: All links to get Fast Cars here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What a WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE - U2's foray into World Music.

I LOVE IT! :yes:

It is a NATURAL PROGRESSION for U2 to delve a bit into other musical forms since they have become unofficial world ambassadors of music and are the most internationally known and loved group of musicians in the world. :hug:

All I can say is that I sent a tape of various world music to a certain someone in the post about two years suggesting that U2 might find it interesting to explore a bit of the musics on the tape in their next album.

Voila - FAST CARS ! :sexywink:

Whether a certain someone listened to my suggestion or not, THANK YOU U2 FOR FAST CARS!

It really makes me overjoyed to hear y'all stretching your musical horizons and doing some world music.

PLEASE KEEP IT UP!

PICTURE IN MY POCKET....:adam: :larry: :edge: :bono: :love:

So, zoology, you have the album? Which version is it? How does it look like(booklet, lyrics, photographs, stuff like that...)?

U2 doing The Cure!

Fast Cars reminds me of mid 80's The Cure and the 'Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Kiss Me' and 'Head on the Door' albums. Brilliant!

whoever said it sounds like the police's "canary in a coalmine" was right.

fun tune.

Yeah, I had mentioned that it sound liked the Police song, but I had only heard the loop. Finally heard the whole song. I really like it, I think it would make a fine closure for the album, or maybe before or after A Man and A Woman as I think someone else mentioned. :)

yeah , according to the interference.com home page FAST CARS will not appear on any versions of HTDAAB in North America, even the Limited Edition Box Set ....:mad:

If it had a real chorus, this could be a single one day. Fun, but wouldn't fit anywhere on "Bomb".

Fades out like "Even Better Than The Real Thing" too.

Back
Top Bottom