MERGED: All links to get Fast Cars here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
disco2blue said:
Thanks very much for the song! I like it a lot, it's different and very cool to say the least.

My question is why didn't they put it on the North American release?... It couldn't have hurt to have an extra song, we only have 11 for godsakes. Besides this song is better than 'All Because of You', it has more elements of innovative U2.
They should at least put this song on a B-side in North America at least? Neon Lights is potentially the worst U2 beside ever, it is so terribly boring!!!

Anyway thanks for the song, and keep on rocking ya'll.

- Nicholas

zoou2@hotmail.com

b-side, not beside. And Neon Lights is brilliant. It is gorgeous.

As for this track, I like it a lot. And if you want it that bad in North America, just get the box set, it'll be there. That's what I'm doing.

this is what i like:

-Its SOO different
-the way he sings "these fast caaarss...won't do me no good"
-"check the stocks, im in detox" awesome delivery
-the small guitar solo is really good
-the "whhooooo" sound in the bridge is brilliant
-i love the "don't worry about your mind" really clever how they did this

I knew it was worth staying up tonight...of course it'll be a half hour before it finishes downloading...f:censored:ing dial-up! I already liked what I heard in the clip though...thanks for the full version!:bow:

To me it just sounds so fresh and exciting. While I love the album, a lot of the songs feel safe and predictable at times. I think U2 should try being more raw and spontaneous, in my opinion they are good at it.

Actually thinking about the themes in the song, it could have followed up Vertigo on the album if they'd gone in a different artistic direction..

what a f-in great song! I've heard it like 20 times already. I love the way they sing it, great guitars. WHOOOO!!! I thought HTDAAB couldnt get better, it just did (I'm buying the collectors edition)

Great song. Do these yousendit links have time windows on them? Is that why 8 million of them have to be posted, because one link only lasts so long?

namkcuR said:
Great song. Do these yousendit links have time windows on them? Is that why 8 million of them have to be posted, because one link only lasts so long?

They last for 7 days or 25 downloads.

UKTan, it's the full thing. Addictive song.

Cool thanks for the links & info dabiggestu2fan, gorman & axver

For a while there I thought I was going to have to actually wait until the album is released before hearing the full version of this :)

What a fantastic song!

b-side, not beside. And Neon Lights is brilliant. It is gorgeous.
As for this track, I like it a lot. And if you want it that bad in North America, just get the box set, it'll be there. That's what I'm doing.

Hi there!... I did say 'b-side'? I know it's not 'beside', although I used both words in my post, but both were used correctly - you should check it over.
And I still disagree with you - Neon Lights is purely a waste of a spot on the single - it is extremely boring and excessively repetitive, with not one drop of imagination. I don't know why U2 went with this song. They pulled off the 'Pop Muzik' cover, their other electronic oriented b-side, because Pop Muzik was fun, interesting and multi-dimensional in terms of sound and Bono's vocal playfulness. 'Are you gonna wait forever' was an awesome b-side, and the simple fact that it was U2's own work, an actual rock 'n roll instrumental with a cool chorus which made the song as exciting as some tracks on the actual album. So instead of putting out this incredibly listless, very surfaced song 'Neon Lights' for a b-side, they actually should have released a cover of a more exciting song (there are thousands!!!, and to choose Neon Lights, lol, come on!), or slapped together another U2-original b-side, they have plenty of material do that too.

Also, I realize it's in the Box Set, and I plan on purchasing everything they release, but it would have made more sense just to put the song on all the worldwide releases. There are going to be a hell of a lot more people buying the actual album, and not the Box Set, so they would have gotten this song out to many more people in this format - adding a more galvanizing, diverse listening experience to those first time and casual U2 listeners who will only end up buying the regular album anyway!

These are just my opinions, but hey, it made sense to me! Peace.

- Nicholas

zoou2@hotmail.com

P.S. - Okay, looking over my own post, yes, I said 'Neon Lights' is potentially the worst 'beside' ever near the end, and yeah, it was a mental error - you knew when I used 'b-side' already in my post that I understood the different, come on! Regardless, it does not take away from my points I'm trying to make, a mental typing error doesn't make 'Neon Lights' any better!.. hehe.

- Nicholas

Back
Top Bottom