MERGED--> ALL I-TUNES/I-POD VERTIGO COMMERCIAL DISCUSSION HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that was crazy shit on the tube :hyper: i saw it at a restaurant without sound and i couldnt believe how cool it looked. i think they took footage from the desert shoot and manipulated it, cus it has the circular camera thing goin on like they described for the actual video.

I started screaming and dancing around the living room. We've all gone so long without seeing them on TV! It was great! They were better than any young band out there. Great job U2!:up:
And Bono was looking pretty fine as well...:drool:

I saw it on MTV during the Real World. Not bad. And yes, I admit that I watched the Real World:madspit: teehee

Love the two-minute version on the iTunes Music Store as well. If the full song were released as a video, it would be in the top ten.

On another note, before everyone starts yelling "sellout," U2 is a band that makes music that happens to be on sale at iTunes. They're promoting a single. They're not selling Toyotas or Budweiser or machines that kill kittens, so go easy.

Thanks for the links, everyone! That ad rocks hardcore. I can't wait to see it on tv.

I saw it on the i tunes site a bunch of times, but it is different catching on TV by surprise, as I did during the yankees game. What an ad. The sellout notion is ridiculous. :down:

That's it!!! I'm quitting the second job so I can watch more TV & maybe catch this ad that everyone's so excited about!!

And if that doesn't work, I'll quit my day job too & stay home to watch TV ALL DAY LONG!!!

(Good grief - I don't think I'll make it until Spring & the new tour!)
:crazy:

If anyone wants the 2 min vid I'll be on aim for about an hour.

sicygoddess

Real Apple Vertigo Video Info

From markromanek.com (can't post the link.. :():

Director Mark Romanek Completes "Vertigo by U2" Spot For Apple

Mark Romanek has just completed "vertigo by U2" a new spot for apple ipod and itunes. the shooting for twba/chiat/day took place on september 18th and 19th at a west london soundstage and was—until its release this morning—shrouded in secrecy.

"Vertigo by U2" was produced by line postmyr. the director of photgraphy was Alwin Küchler. The editor was Glenn Martin for Nomad editorial. The production designer was Darrell Cooke and the stylist was Mrs. Jones. The executive producer for Anonymous Content was Lisa Margulis.

You can now see the 30-second second version at apple.com. an extended 2-minute version can be seen only in the itunes music store.

Last edited:
i guess that puts the "official video or not" argument to rest then!!!
something else to look forward to....THE Spain video!!!

Jaxx said:

Nah, I wasn't there. I just collected all the evidence, put my brilliant mind to work and came to that conclusion. In other words, I'm guessing.:wink:

Still, I think it's a very educated guess. In fact, if I turn out to be wrong, I promise to go out and buy a Maroon 5 CD to punish myself.:huh:

And if I'm wrong I'll listen to the best of Shakin' Stevens on repeat at 45rpm.

Back
Top Bottom