MERGED--> ALL I-TUNES/I-POD VERTIGO COMMERCIAL DISCUSSION HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
boosterjuice said:
HOLY CRAP!

I LOVE IT!!! That is the coolest thing U2 has ever done! We're are going to have everyone going crazy for Vertigo now.

Agreed. It has been proven that commercials can help a song receive rotation and generate awareness.

Just keeps getting better with every watching. It really is one of the coolest things I've seen U2 ever do. It's great seeing Adam getting mobile again.

WOW!!! YEAH!!!!

Could you imagine this 2 min. spot running before a movie and the trailers in theatre? When they could play the whole thing? Would be better than some of those Coke films I'm sick of...

And remember, I am the one that started wandering about the ad being the real video. And everybody started questioning me, and didn't believe me.

But now i'm right :madspit: :lol:

MWUAHAHAHAHA

sorry....:(

Herco said:
And remember, I am the one that started wandering about the ad being the real video. And everybody started questioning me, and didn't believe me.

But now i'm right :madspit: :lol:

MWUAHAHAHAHA

sorry....:(

Who said you were right? The ad may use elements from the video but is most certainly not the actual video.

bsp77 said:

Who said you were right? The ad may use elements from the video but is most certainly not the actual video.

I'm starting to wish it was....

But we'll see when the real one comes our way...

this should really boost sales. more audiences will hear it, get it stuck in their heads, and then go out to buy it. WOO HOO

oh yeah and the video totally ROCKS even though its not the official one. it's still awesome. edge has the best facial expressions! :laugh:

No but I said, that the music-video will propably be the ad without the dancing I-tunes dancers. And longer off course.

And if you'll read on U2.com there quoting Bono saying it will be a graphic art based style.

And this is graphic based style.

And you can see some zooming stuff etc. that was also done in the White Stripes clip.

BeLIEve me......

but... maybe I'm hoping it to much, that bullet-time shot is totally awesome, especially for me as a big Matrix fan.

imagine the millions of dollars wasted by filming on the spanish coast when, if the ad was really the video, it could have been shot on a sound stage for millions less.

the ad is not the video.

Last edited:
Se7en said:
imagine the millions of dollars wasted by filming on the spanish coast when, if the ad was really the video, it could have been shot on a sound stage for millions less.

the ad is not the video.
]

U2 likes to deceive us.... :wink:

Ok, let's get this straight. The shots of the band seen on the itunes ad are are from the shoot in Spain. They may be outtakes, they may be in the actual video, we don't know. But, either way, the official video will look nothing like the itunes ad. It won't have the same graphic style, the band will not appear as silluetes, and we'll certainly be seeing the Spanish desert scenery (they went there for a reason, after al).

I think that's the general consensus here, after the debate we've been having this afternoon.:wink:

Last edited:
Jaxx said:
Ok, let's get this straight. The shots of the band seen on the itunes ad are are from the shoot in Spain. They may be outtakes, they may be in the actual video, we don't know. But, either way, the official video will look nothing like the itunes ad. It won't have the same graphic style, the band will not appear as silluetes, and we'll certainly be seeing the Spanish desert scenery (they went there for a reason, after al).

I think that's the general consensus here, after the debate we've been having this afternoon.:wink:

disagree :down:

Jaxx said:

Agreed :up:

i still think it's not the same video...

bono is wearing the HQ jacket in this video. and is not on spain's.
also, he has two necklaces (rosaries) on the ipod video, and only one on the spain.
the drum kit is different.

There's something about the lighting on Larry's face that says it was done outdoors in the sun. But I could be wrong. :|

It's not the actual video. (however the fotage is probably from the video shoot)

This video is shot in the "APPLE I-TUNES AD" style.
It would be really odd for the band to pick this style up, as they don't own it. Apple does. It'd be like U2 borrowing the taco bell dog for their own video. (except, of course, this fits and looks cool...)

Jaxx said:

Wow - were you there? I don't know how you can be so sure?
I'm sure they could knock out a studio video for apple seperate to the Spainish business?

Jim said:

Wow - were you there? I don't know how you can be so sure?
I'm sure they could knock out a studio video for apple seperate to the Spainish business?

Nah, I wasn't there. I just collected all the evidence, put my brilliant mind to work and came to that conclusion. In other words, I'm guessing.:wink:

Still, I think it's a very educated guess. In fact, if I turn out to be wrong, I promise to go out and buy a Maroon 5 CD to punish myself.:huh:

Jaxx said:

Nah, I wasn't there. I just collected all the evidence, put my brilliant mind to work and came to that conclusion. In other words, I'm guessing.:wink:

Still, I think it's a very educated guess. In fact, if I turn out to be wrong, I promise to go out and buy a Maroon 5 CD to punish myself.:huh:

now that's some harsh punishment :no:

Back
Top Bottom