MERGED--> ALL I-TUNES/I-POD VERTIGO COMMERCIAL DISCUSSION HERE - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-12-2004, 04:46 AM   #16
War Child

Local Time: 04:31 AM
That was actually a lot better than I first thought when I read this. The guys are lookin' pretty money, very cool indeed.

Old 10-12-2004, 05:09 AM   #17
War Child

Local Time: 06:31 AM
Wow this is really awesome!!

There is somekind of "The Matrix" effect in it, you see the camera fly around the band, and then sooming in at Bono.

This is really cool

Maybe it's just a part of the new video, i don't think this is only made especially for Itunes, it's looking to professionaly for being just an ad.

Old 10-12-2004, 05:16 AM   #18
Refugee

Local Time: 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Herco
Wow this is really awesome!!

There is somekind of "The Matrix" effect in it, you see the camera fly around the band, and then sooming in at Bono.

This is really cool

Maybe it's just a part of the new video, i don't think this is only made especially for Itunes, it's looking to professionaly for being just an ad.
Actually, all of the iTunes ads have this look to 'em, and are all extremely professional. This is the first one to include footage of members of a band, but it's definitely part of the same series of ads. The entire extended video is made using this same style, and I think it's pretty clear that it was made specifically for the iTunes+iPod+Vertigo ad. From what we know about the "official" video, it's nothing like this.

I still love it though
Old 10-12-2004, 05:17 AM   #19
War Child

The more I watch it the more I really like it. There's just something very cool about it's style.

I think it's just for the ad, I-Tunes is big business, so I'm not surprised about the quality of it.
Old 10-12-2004, 05:27 AM   #20
War Child

But i can certainly see any influences of the directors, you can see same sort of visual graphics as with the The White Stripes.

I think it's shotted in Spain, just to have that lights, and that target to distract us. But on U2.com there saying that they wanted to make a graphic based clip.

‘The hardest thing to do when you’ve been around a few years is to surprise people,’ explains Bono, recalling U2 videos of the past. ‘We’ve made all kinds of videos over the years with, er, uneven results. High-concept, story, abstract… but we’ve never done a video that has a graphic arts background which is where Alex and Martin come from. ‘

The band met Courtes and Fougerol in France during the summer, having come across earlier work like The White Stripes’ video for “Seven Nation Army”. Their graphic treatment for “Vertigo”, the appeal of a clean, direct execution, grabbed the band’s interest. In keeping with the musical and lyrical atmosphere of the song, the directors want to evoke ‘the state of paranoia into which we have been plunged today.’

‘It’s against clutter,’ adds Bono. ‘There seems to be so much clutter everywhere. Turn on music television there’s big cluttered sets, people walking round with clutter around their necks, great cluttered award shows… so this is our attempt to empty the frame and make a very graphic arts based video.’

I really think the video will be the same, without those dancing I-Pod listeners.
Old 10-12-2004, 05:29 AM   #21
Jim
Refugee

Dang! I can't download quicktime for some reason.. anybody got this in real video??

Cheers,
Jim
Old 10-12-2004, 05:31 AM   #22
War Child

If i knew how to convert it to real...
Old 10-12-2004, 05:42 AM   #23
Refugee

Trust me, this isn't the official video or even part of it. All of the iTunes commercials have this graphical style and feel, and have been on TV constantly for months.

To see other iTunes commercials that use this same style, check this out: http://www.apple.com/ipod/ads/
Old 10-12-2004, 05:46 AM   #24
War Child

We'll see it saturday, but i have the feeling it will be the same style as the video. In the other clips you mentioned there isin't the band also performing, just people dancing on it.

But if it's the real deal, i think it's really original and time-ahead again, it will blast the song out of the screen with all those colours. It's like nothin' else these days on MTV.

Maybe i'm wrong, but we'll see.
Old 10-12-2004, 05:48 AM   #25
War Child

Local Time: 05:31 AM
Hmmm...if iTunes sponsors the tour, imagine the day after a show being able to download it off iTunes.

One can dream....
Old 10-12-2004, 05:52 AM   #26
The Fly

I'm with Herco, here. I think the footage of the band playing was shot for the video. Of course it won't look that way on the official video (it will be more conventional, without all those colours), but the style fits the descriptions we've heard (lots of circular motion).

Either way, if the video can capture the sort of energy the band displays here, it should be bloody great.
Old 10-12-2004, 05:55 AM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie

If you look in the reflection of Bono's glasses, you can tell that this is not from the Spanish shoot. This was shot in a studio...
Old 10-12-2004, 05:56 AM   #28
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by iacrobat
Hmmm...if iTunes sponsors the tour, imagine the day after a show being able to download it off iTunes.

One can dream....
Exactly. Check this out: http://forum.interference.com/showth...threadid=89752
Old 10-12-2004, 06:04 AM   #29
Refugee

Wow, check out the main page of Apple.com: http://www.apple.com/

That's some promo.

Since the TV clip is on their site, I'm going to stop hosting it. Maybe I'll put up the extended version in a little bit though
Old 10-12-2004, 06:07 AM   #30
War Child

Thanks Gorman!

How can you save the clip to your harddrive from the I-tunes site, it's just streaming into I-tunes, but i want to save it.