MERGED--> ALL DISCUSSION U2 on Conan O' Brian this week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lemon Grrrrrl said:
:confused: I don't get why they're on Conan instead of Letterman. I'd figure Letterman has higher ratings...? :shrug: But hey, I ain't complaining! I'll take 'em anytime, anywhere! :up:

Conan is taking over for Leno in like 2008, and O'brien has a younger deomgraphic....and He is Irish!!!!

conan0uv.jpg

Show: Late Night with Conan O'Brien
Episode: 2005/10/06
Network: (NBC) NBC Television Network
Date: Friday - October 7, 2005
Time: 12:35/11:35c AM
Duration: 1:00

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Queen Bee said:
conan0uv.jpg

Show: Late Night with Conan O'Brien
Episode: 2005/10/06
Network: (NBC) NBC Television Network
Date: Friday - October 7, 2005
Time: 12:35/11:35c AM
Duration: 1:00

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

are you freakin kidding me

my favorite band, on my favorite talk show

they need triumph on it, and it will be the best Conan episode, ever

mucho traffico said:
thanks, no mention yet on nbc web site for thurs.

I checked like crazy online last night and the same happened with me. Nothing, nada anywhere. So, that's why I posted...lol...:)

I'm still wondering why there isn't a huge merge lol.
Still can't wait! :hyper:

QueenBee... I must know! Your signature pic, I've never seen it before, is there a more bigger version anywhere? :D

i hope this is 100% official, i would hate to get my hopes up so much.. was this planned lastminute?
cause on my tv guide it names matthew mchaugney [sp?], some other actor and some random musical act... so they pretty much scraped everyone aside for u2??

nice!:evil:

U2 on Late Night Show, Oct. 6th!!!

U2 Takes Over 'Late Night'

U2 Takes Over 'Late Night'
(Tuesday, October 04 11:46 AM)
LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) Assuming you can even get your hands on one, a ticket for any of U2's upcoming tour dates is going to cost you.
Or, you could just stay up a little late Thursday (Oct. 6) and catch a whole hour of the band performing live on "Late Night with Conan O'Brien." It's not quite the same as being at the show, but it's a whole lot cheaper than scalping a ticket.

The mega-selling, Grammy-winning band will be O'Brien's only guest on Thursday's show and will likely perform several songs during the hour. Bono and Co. will probably chat some with O'Brien as well.

U2 begins a run of seven sold-out shows at New York's Madison Square Garden on Friday. Their "Late Night" appearance will mark the first time O'Brien has devoted an entire hour to a single guest, musical or otherwise.
Musical-guest stunts are nothing new to the show, however. In 2003, O'Brien had the White Stripes as a guest every night for a week, and he also did a "month of Tuesdays" with New York band the Strokes. Bruce Springsteen has also made a surprise appearance on the show, performing before taking "Late Night" band leader and E Street Band drummer Max Weinberg on the road.

Oh I'm so happy...I get to see them on TV on my birthday! Seriously my b-day's thursday!

Make sure to tape it!

elevation2u said:
was this planned lastminute?
so they pretty much scraped everyone aside for u2??

nice!:evil:

I wouldn't call it evil, just duh!! "Sure man I understand, it's U2" nuff said..
who else could bump off everyone on a show by saying they'll come on your show :eek:
I'm sure Conan wishes he had more than an hour..
:drool:

unosdostres14 said:
Someone needs to write me a 300 word essay on why this thread belongs in FYM.

300 words is for the weak. I want to see 3000, damnit! :mad:

:wink:

Connan is on NBC, after Jay Leno, so about 12:30 EST

He's pretty good, I think. Well, most of the time.
Heck, I knew they were talking about U2 being on Thursday, but......

but I didn't know a whole hour of their performances!!!!!

WOW!!!!

Connan O'Brian rocks!

He's Irish, right? I think that explains the connections :rockon: :wink:

elevation2u said:
im assuming its being filmed thursday but not aired on thursday night....im confused :huh:...whats everyone's guess?

Conan generally films his shows during the afternoon and airs them at night. The night of the day they were taped on.

Last edited:
Sorry, but why is this such good news to you?

It's just a talkshow... They've been on talkshows earlier...
Why should they play anything else than Vertigo and the usual bunch?

Sorry, I just don't see what's so great. It's probably an American thing :p

Back
Top Bottom