MERGED--> Adam in Malaysia -- tsunamis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Westport

Refugee
Adam in Malaysia for Christmas? - tsunamis

Any news about where Adam was when this disaster hit? The line in the interview of where he was going for Christmas concerns me a bit.

I think it's kinda sad that with upward of 20,000 missing and already dead, we spend so much time worrying about where Adam is. If he had come to severe harm, the media would have reported on it by now.
I'm not saying anyone places priority over Adam and this is a U2 site after all....but this still makes me a little...I dunno.
:sigh:

I think its human nature. Particularly for people who dont know anyone effected by the disaster. People are looking for a focal point for their pain, and grief.

Lets assume Adam is fine and pray for the 25000 people who have lost their lives shall we............

Perhaps some donations also to

world vision
UNICEF
Red cross
Oxfam

:(

Let's spare a thought and some prayers for the victims and their families of this tragedy.

And let's hope the world is a far more peaceful and safe place in 2005.

You know I jusct came here wondering the same thing. Of course this is an awful tragedy no matter what--but I happened to read the adam piece on U2.com this morning so it caused the thought to come to mind...

xmarcx said:
You know I jusct came here wondering the same thing. Of course this is an awful tragedy no matter what--but I happened to read the adam piece on U2.com this morning so it caused the thought to come to mind...

It is natural to hear about a horrible catastrophe and think of people you know who might be affected. When 9/11 happened, I immediately thought of my friend, Jean, who lives in NYC. She never worked in the WTC, but still, I was worried sick!

However, let out thoughts and prayers be with the victims. And let's help out anyway we can.

According to the front page of Irish Independant, Adam has been confirmed as being fine. He was miles away from where it all happened apparently.

Let's pray for all those suffering :(

Adam in Malaysia

I read the Adam interview on U2.com and it ended with him saying he and his girlfriend are spending the end of the year in Malaysia.

With the tsunami, etc., is he alright? Anyone know?

Matt

Angela Harlem said:
I think it's kinda sad that with upward of 20,000 missing and already dead, we spend so much time worrying about where Adam is. If he had come to severe harm, the media would have reported on it by now.

What? :eyebrow: I mean just because people are asking about where and how Adam is it doesn't mean that we don't care about the others.. I think it's only natural that we worry about those who we know (even if we never met him physically) and care about. There's nothing sad or wrong about it. And we don't know if the press would be able to report about Adam in case he had been caught in the tsunami as there are many people who don't have news about their loved ones. :(

Last edited:
TheBrazilianFly said:
And we don't know if the press would be able to report about Adam in case he had been caught in the tsunami as there are many people who don't have news about their loved ones. :(

Actually, if Adam was missing, I'm sure that it would have been reported all over the media that he had gone to Malaysia and nobody had been in contact with him.

What a tragic situation for all of the people in that part of the world. :(

Back
Top Bottom