MERGED-->ABOY video on ESPN ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikal

Blue Crack Addict
Rumor has it........(ABOY)

that it's going to debut on ESPN after the National Championship between OU and USC.

most likely, the song will just play over game highlights, but it's pretty decent exposure for the new single.

edit: source is @U2

Last edited:
ABOY video on ESPN ?

I just read this on @U2.com

"@U2 reader and ESPN employee Erik tells us that U2 is partnering with ESPN to premiere the video for "All Because Of You" next week. Word in the halls at ESPN is that the video will premiere on ESPN, will be streamed on ESPN.com, and an edited version will be used at the conclusion of ESPN's "SportsCenter" show that airs immediately after the Orange Bowl football game on ABC. That version will be edited with highlights from the game -- which is the college football national championship game this year. All of this is expected to happen on game day, which is January 4th. It sounds like some details are still being worked out, so we'll update this with any additional information as it comes in.

We are talking about the video shot by Phil Joanou last month as U2 performed on the back of a moving flatbed truck through New York city. Erik described the video as similar to "a traveling version of the STREETS video", with fans following the band around the city, peering out windows to hear and see them perform, holding up signs, etc. He also explains that no money is involved in this promotion -- ESPN is not paying to use or premiere the video. "

the bad part is that here in Chile I don't get to see the Orange Bowl :angry:

JOFO said:
111OMG!!!whendoitgo on???777111!

:wink:

OMG!!11!!! I HAIT DAT SONG!!1!! I HOPE IT NEVER GOS ON!!!!

:( OMG!! NOW I WONT TO SEE IT!!11!!! I LUV DAT SONG!!11!!!

thanks for the info, mikal and pepo. I already wasn't missing this game for anything, but now I got to catch sportscenter after. Brilliant strategy by u2, first the vertigo commercial during game 7 of sox-yankees, now this....exposure...

Back
Top Bottom