MERGED --> ABOY Video + ABOY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here ya go...

1.jpg

ABOY video.

As for the All Because of You video, it will not debut on ESPN. A 2 minute clip of it will debut tonight at halftime of the NCAA Championship Game on ABC (8:00pm EST), with first half highlights spliced in. The full video, with full game highlights spliced in, will be played following the game, and then again later on ESPN's SportsCenter.

The full video, sans highlights, will be available for stream on ESPN.com following the game.

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
Here ya go...

1.jpg

ABOY video.

Hahaahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahhaha ( returns to .........?!!!!? wtf am I doing?)

yes it is :D
and I'm coming back there every few hours, cause I don't know when it will be available. I'm in quite different time zone :D

Headache in a Suitcase said:
Here ya go...

1.jpg

ABOY video.

As for the All Because of You video, it will not debut on ESPN. A 2 minute clip of it will debut tonight at halftime of the NCAA Championship Game on ABC (8:00pm EST), with first half highlights spliced in. The full video, with full game highlights spliced in, will be played following the game, and then again later on ESPN's SportsCenter.

The full video, sans highlights, will be available for stream on ESPN.com following the game.

Great! but does anyone know what would be considered half time? (heck, I don`t even know if it`s a football or basketball game!). Is it 30 mins or 45 mins into it? And at what time does it finish approx. so I can catch the entire video?
I don`t want to watch more of those sports than I need to! :)

ABOY video should be posted on ESPN at 10:00 PM

Halftime will occur between 9:30 and 10:30 PM Eastern Standard time in the U.S., and during halftime, they will be showing highlights of the game's 1st half - a two minute bit - with ABOY playing in the background. NO ABOY music video.

After the game is over, ABOY will be the background music to all the highlights, and also, the ABOY music video will be up and streaming on ESPN.com. The game should end between 11:30 PM and 12:30 AM Eastern Standard Time.

It's hard to pinpoint the time since these games may or may not start on time, and halftime shows for this game can be very long.

Game starts at 5pm, my school is playing :up:

halftime around 7:30pm or so. That is Pacific standard time btw.

End of game will be around 9-10pm Pacific.

Great! Thanks! But if it`s going to be the music only and not the video (except espn.com) I`m not sure what the fuss is about...:confused:

I`m editing this to add this quote from Billboard:

"A two-minute version of the video for the band's "All Because of You" will receive its world premiere during ABC's live broadcast of the game"

so I guess parts of the video will be aired.....

Last edited:
I'm guessing that they will splice highlight clips in with the original ABOY video. ie, we'll see U2 on the truck and then see a great tackle/pass completion.

found this article on thetripwire.com
pretty sure the last part is made up :wink:

U2 Video To Premiere During Tonight's Orange Bowl
Tonight's Orange Bowl 2005 National Championship Game half-time show will feature performances by Ashlee Simpson, Kelly Clarkson and Trace Adkins. Since we know none of you give a shit about any of the previously-mentioned artists, we're happy to let you know that while Bono and company would never actually share the stage with these nerds in person, they are willing to take part (sort-of) in tonight's festivities. U2's new video for "All Because Of You" will get it's world premiere during the game. According to Billboard, A special two-minute version of the video will be seen as the background for first half highlights of the game.

In addition, after the game, fans can head over to ESPN.com to watch the video in full. If that weren't enough, "All Because Of You" will be heard as the music bed for the game highlights during the midnight broadcast of Sportscenter.

Tomorrow, every TV in your house will instantaneously turn on at 8PM ET and will play 30 minutes worth of Bono's gyrating ass on every channel, accompanied musically by an exclusive mash-up of U2s How To Dismantle And Atomic Bomb and Digital Underground's Sex Packets expertly done by DJ Dangermouse.

-Reported by Matt DuFour on 01/04/2005

:lmao:

nurse chrissi said:
Tomorrow, every TV in your house will instantaneously turn on at 8PM ET and will play 30 minutes worth of Bono's gyrating ass on every channel, accompanied musically by an exclusive mash-up of U2s How To Dismantle And Atomic Bomb and Digital Underground's Sex Packets expertly done by DJ Dangermouse.

:lmao: that's classic. Guess I'll be tuning in, since my TV will instanteneously turn on... Bono's ass for 30 minutes! helz ya!!!1111///

this IS really happening, right? :wink:

I am really excited about seeing this. Streets was a brilliant performance video. One of the best by any rock band. I hope this comes close to it.

i'm guessing the rationale is along the same lines as the ipod commercial--to reach the largest possible audience, including non-fans who might not otherwise care to listen.

it is a bit bizarre, though.

A U2 video mixed with football highlights? Blech. That's a thousand times worse than the U.S. video for Stuck in a Moment. I have nothing against football - I even watch it sometimes and I love the fact that U2 played the Super Bowl halftime show - but mixing U2 and football this way is just cheesy. I'll wait for the online version. Hopefully that will be free of football highlights.

Well, I have to stop watching some of the final junior hockey game (Canada vs Russia!) to switch over to american football...ugghhh! Hurry up U2!

Last edited:
I think it will be better on a big screen and in stereo. Don't think you can get the full effect of it on that little screen.

Back
Top Bottom