MERGED-->A Man and a Woman Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cybersyd

The Fly
A Man an a woman = FMJ ?????

According to The Edge:
"Full Metal Jacket is there....it married another track and had a baby which is on the LP"

According to NME:
"'A Man and a Woman' is the last of the straight-ahead rock
numbers dealing with similar themes of lost love.

IMHO
FMJ is the WOMAN (mother of the rock songs)
Another song tha didn't make the cut was the MAN (father)

Maybe the Father is a "Bulldozer"!!!!!!!!!!
:larry: :larry: :larry:

Nope, I disagree. The baby is on the LP, not the parents.

A Man and a Woman

I think this song is one of the tightest tunes on the album. Totally original while wreaking of Joshua Tree b-side influence. Pleasantly surprised here.

Re: A Man and a Woman

Oregoropa said:
I think this song is one of the tightest tunes on the album. Totally original while wreaking of Joshua Tree b-side influence. Pleasantly surprised here.

I was just about to post those exact same three sentences !!

Totally agree, second fave for me...so far, it can change anytime ;)

U2 goes bossa nova in this one (that´s what a brazilian music critic would say, I bet, LOL). A completely new ground for them. I simply love it.

MT

It does a lot more for me on a headphone listen. Maybe that's where the "sleepers" are to be discovered!

This song has grown on me - Adam rocks out on this one (which he does on all the songs but this one on the bridge :drool: )

I really like this song.

:uhoh: Would I get my ass kicked if I said it reminded me of a George Michael song? I don't think this is a bad thing, as I've loved George's music since I was a small child. I can totally see him doing a cover of this at some point. :reject:

At last! Someone agrees with me! This is clearly my favorite song on the album. It's got a slight middle-eastern groove to it. When I hear it I see New York on a Saturday night. Urban sophistication. Cosmopolitan. Gorgeous middle-eastern models in Vera Wang dancing at an invite-only uptown club. This has Helena Christensen written all over it. Adam is amazing. This is by far the most danceable U2 has ever been.

I was surprised by this song. I was expecting not to like it because of the reviews. When it came time for the song, I braced myself saying that "okay they've all been great but here is a bad one". I was pleastantly surprised by this. It is great light tune.

I love this one! It's got a kind of instant appeal and it sounds like it'd be great for driving in the summer :D I guess it could be great in a movie too in one of those bits where they're showing 'the passage of time' or whatever :wink:
For some reason, I reckon the vocals remind me a bit of Lemon about 2 1/2 mins in...but I really like it!

Back
Top Bottom