MERGED-->A Man and a Woman Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AMAAW feels like it could have been on the 2nd half of WAR

I don't know why but every time I hear it I feel like I am listenning to side B of the WAR album only in some alternate reality. Maybe I AM in some alternate reality. I feel it every time I hear it. Does anyone know remotely what I am talking about?

Re: AMAAW feels like it could have been on the 2nd half of WAR

Hoodlem said:
I don't know why but every time I hear it I feel like I am listenning to side B of the WAR album only in some alternate reality. Maybe I AM in some alternate reality. I feel it every time I hear it. Does anyone know remotely what I am talking about?
With its acoustics, it echoes 'Drowning Man'...and the vocals are very much the same, too.

seriously? This is the first time I read it sounds anything like drowning man! LOVE drowning Man....and haven't heard AMAAW yet

I mentioned a couple days ago that it made me recall drowning man... hmmm maybe I was on to something!!! But yeah, fits right at home somewhere between war, uf, and jt

It's the only song I'm skipping past at the moment. It does sound like Sting to me. I think of it like Wild Honey, it's a perfectly good song, but for some reason I can't get into it.

It happened!!!

Holy fucking crap!!!

This song, in my opinion, was the only song off of HTDAAB that I wasn't really appreciating fully. Not that it is a bad tune, just that it was was rubbing me the wrong way, and was the one "weak" moment on the album for me.

But, tonight I left critical self slip, and while just simply enjoying the album, it hit me like a ton of bricks!!! I "got it", or whatever you want to call it. I absolutely adore this song now! It's so lush...

And, that's it, folks. This album, for me, officially has not a single weak track on it. Every track is a standout, and I'm completely blown away by HTDAAB. Yay!!!

So, right now, this is my own personal U2 album masterpiece. I'll just wait and see how it all ages, but as it stands right now, I'm just F-L-O-O-R-E-D by the greatness of this album.

Whew!:hyper:

Gonna have to say it....A Man and a Woman don't belong somehow...

By FAR the weakest track on the album. Just imagine if this had "In A Little While" in its place. Wowow then that would be a complete masterpiece. It just doesn't do anything for me, and I would have to only give it a 6/10.

It may not "DO" anything to you, but the way my wife loves it .....

well its done plenty for me.

Joking a side, I think it is a brilliant song with Bono's most effective love lyrics.

Don't be surprised to see it show up in a lot of movies.

I really like this song (as if i dislike any of them). I think Bono's vocal when he sings "The soul needs beauty for a soul mate" might be one of the best on the album.

Not a huge fan, either but I have to admit, the girls are going to be gaga for sure. It is a TOTAL chick song (hope I'm not offending anyone). U2 a huge female fan base...bigger than the guys, I would expect, and Bono knows it. This album is designed to have something for everyone, young/old, male/female, etc.

It really didn't occur to me, until I saw that those radio stations were playing it already...and I realized it would be a good single for the radio.

Flame lightly, please.:wink:

I'm not a chick, but I love this song.

It does seem out of place. But that is refreshing at the same time!

This song really gives this album some real soul. To me, it provides some of the DNA for what HTDAAB's themes really are. I really, really dig this song(and no, im not a chick). You just can't beat groovy bass from the man AC.

elfyx said:
It happened!!!

Holy fucking crap!!!

This song, in my opinion, was the only song off of HTDAAB that I wasn't really appreciating fully. Not that it is a bad tune, just that it was was rubbing me the wrong way, and was the one "weak" moment on the album for me.

But, tonight I left critical self slip, and while just simply enjoying the album, it hit me like a ton of bricks!!! I "got it", or whatever you want to call it. I absolutely adore this song now! It's so lush...

And, that's it, folks. This album, for me, officially has not a single weak track on it. Every track is a standout, and I'm completely blown away by HTDAAB. Yay!!!

So, right now, this is my own personal U2 album masterpiece. I'll just wait and see how it all ages, but as it stands right now, I'm just F-L-O-O-R-E-D by the greatness of this album.

Whew!:hyper:

Hey Eflyx,

I'm glad the song has "clicked" for you! I'm still waiting for LAPOE to click for me. Did LAPOE get you the first time around or did it take few listens?

I had to struggle with a few things at first with this song:

1.U2 suddenly sounding like Sade/Sting/George Micheal (all artists that I love, btw)
2. Bono trying to sing too high
3. Does not really fit with the rest of the album.

But now I pretty much went past those initial blockings, and I'm loving the song more and more. Beautiful lyrics for sure, probably the most beautiful love song to Ali ever. And we know there has been many...

However I can see how this song will be one of those loved by many and hated by many forever. It's just so different from what U2 usually does.

Hoodlem said:
AMAAW makes my body move in uncontrolable ways :ohmy:

That´s samba. One can almost dance samba to that one, believe me ;)

I´m in love with this song :yes: Love Edge´s vocals during "And you’re the one, there’s no-one else, you make me want to lose myself"...and also Adam and Larry swinging to the music while Bono sings "Little sister, I’ve been sleeping in the street again, like a stray dog...and then the best part, when he whispers "yeah" :D Great

MT

The sleeper of the record

There is always a gem hidden on every U2 album. This song is one I just can't get enough of.

Adam's bass just drives it. The bridge is what made it for me, so held back but makes me want to move.

At the end when Bono sings the line "what the soul wants, the soul waits" I just get chills. Bono's voice certainly has changed a bit over the years, but the raspy note he hangs at the end is stunning.

Great lyric, great rhythm section and bono sounds great.

AAMAAW reminds me on George Michael's AMAZING and KILLER / PAPA WAS A ROLLING STONE .(..little sister... and the bass line)
...and those songs are defenitely not bad songs at all
after 3 listenings i give out 8/10
the whole groove and the flow of AAMAAW is wonderful.

I said this in other thread, but i have to repeat it here:

I AM POSSESSED BY THIS SONG!!! I can't escape from it, and i don't want to.

Back
Top Bottom