MERGED-->A Man and a Woman Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Finally, a little love for this song. This is speedly going up my favorite's ranking. Yesterday, I believe I had it @ # 3 or 4 but I think by today it will hit # 1. (it's like my own little countdown).

It's definately a song for the ladies. I can't get enough of it. If you think the reaction of women who are not totally taken with Bono is, you can imagine what it will do to some of the the ladies on this forum.:drool:

TC2290 said:
lol, it was getting on my nerves but I finally figured what this song reminds me of

LOVE COMES TUMBLING!!!!!!

I have the exact same opinion!!

jick said:
The song is a ripoff from a song in the 80's called "Smooth Operator".

Cheers,

J

Give it a rest Jick. 'Rip-Off' is a little strong.

It really sounds like it could be a Rolling Stones soul ballad, especially the vocals on the Rue St. Divine section. Could have come straight off of Some Girls or Tattoo You. And that is a good thing!

starsgoblue said:
Smooth Operator my butt....Doesn't sound a thing like it

:up: As the biggest Sade fan on this forum, this doesnt sound a thing like Smooth Operator.

The best part of this song is when Bono sings the "Brown eyed girl across the street.." verse, it sounds so good with the backing vocals and then it leads to "Little Sister....", when Adam's bass dominates...incredible track.

Oh, and every man should own a copy of "Best of Sade", for those certain occasions....:wink:

Last edited:
"A Man & A Woman" Should be a Single

"A Man & A Woman" is such a fantastic song! U2 should release it as a single. It's got the flair of "Loves Comes Tumbling" and "Trying To Throw Your Arms". It's endearing and original...

A Man and A Woman should be a b-side. Sorry that song is the only one not doing it for me.

The rest are great though.

its arguably my favorite off the album...but then i hear the other 10 and recede that statement... i cant really pick a favorite, but i do know i love it

I think it would make a very nice single for Spring/Summer 2005. It's got that warm weather feel to it. I love it!

I totally agree with you! It should be a single and I couldn't agree with you more that it has a Love Comes Tumbling feel. I've always loved that song.

around 1:40 into the song he sings the word "you" in that famous way like he did in with or without you. that's so cool i always hoped he'd do that again.

ramblin rose said:
Definately should be single. I can even visualize the video.

I made a thread about a video I made for this song. You should check it out and see if it was similar to what you were thinking about!
:wink:

Man and a woman is not one of my favorites, somehow I think City of Blinding Lights is also a bit overrated here. On the other hand, Yahweh and Are You Gonna Wait Forever are GREAT

FairyFeller said:
Man and a woman is not one of my favorites, somehow I think City of Blinding Lights is also a bit overrated here. On the other hand, Yahweh and Are You Gonna Wait Forever are GREAT

I love City of Blinding Lights. Reminds me of UF.

I disagree. The song is starting to wear on me a bit, but there is 1 thing that bothers me....

Does anyone else hear this as some sort of tribute to Sting?? The melody sounds exactly like Sting.

wolfwill23 said:
This song is terrible. Only song I skip through on the album. Should have been Fast Cars instead.

Have you listened to Fast Cars to make that judgement? As for me, I think its quite a good pop song, but it won't become a favourite.

ImOuttaControl said:
I disagree. The song is starting to wear on me a bit, but there is 1 thing that bothers me....

Does anyone else hear this as some sort of tribute to Sting?? The melody sounds exactly like Sting.

I was thinking the exact same thing. This stinks of the Police.

And I can't decide right now whether that is a good or a bad thing.

:up:

I love this song. I'm not sure if it's my favorite, but it's the one that suprised me the most off of the album. This is a new sound for U2. Adam's bass is amazing in this song, especially right after the falsetto part. The bass MAKES this song.

Back
Top Bottom