MERGED-->53 second clip of All Because Of You leaked! + ABOY snippet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it's got like an up beat little "a celebration" like feel to it in the first verse (i'm assuming it's the first verse.. could be somewhere in the middle for all we know)... and hten kicks into a more modern day u2 song on the alll because of you part... with what sounds like a very nice edge solo comming on.

perhaps the whole "guitar rock" thing is true afterall

Headache, I think that's the best description I've heard.

its not the sound of four men playing in the empty swimming pool that i had hoped for, rather four men playing in the middle of a 50 mph gust of wind :(

discothequeLP said:
why are they so much cooler than regular tracks?

Because you get this feeling that you are listening to something that you weren't supposed to ever hear.

thrillme said:

Yeah, but it's not just B, the people there should be a little more restrained. Someone at another site, was saying how their friend was at the studios, and Adam was mobbed just trying to get into the garage. He was practically pinned against a wall by people.

I suppose since he's the most laidback member of the group, he handled it rather calmly, but still.

Not again poor Adam!!

I witnessed a very unpleasant incident at the end of May, when he couldnt get into the garage so he parked his car and came over. Next thing he was pinned up against the wall and surrounded it wasnt a very nice thing to see I can tell you.
It made me ashamed to be there.
Both Edge and Larry have also been chased in their cars recently, I for one am so pleased that the album is done and they have left Dublin for a while. Some people really need to calm down and get a grip on reality.

I just hope they are left alone for a couple of months.

After listening to the cleaned up clip, I can say with some certainty that that is in no way a finished vocal; it's most likely a rough vocal demo he did; however, the music part could be done (the guitars sound great). the rhythm section is too difficult to make out.
Does anyone know the date clip was bootlegged (I mean....eh umm...recorded?)

JOFO said:
After listening to the cleaned up clip, I can say with some certainty that that is in no way a finished vocal; it's most likely a rough vocal demo he did; however, the music part could be done (the guitars sound great). the rhythm section is too difficult to make out.
Does anyone know the date clip was bootlegged (I mean....eh umm...recorded?)

Uhhh... where did you get the cleaned up version at? Can you send it to me?

clarog@terra.com.br

Oh my, first the Vertigo rumor, then the title for HP 6 and now this leaks. Cannot..take..so much...suspense...:drool:

Anyway, I gave the clip a listen. I think someone hit it right on the head when they said its reminiscent of "The Three Sunrises."
It doesn't remind me in any way of anything of of AYCLB. Its much like thier older stuff. But not too much. And thats a good thing too. :wink: (as it should mostly sound like something fresh and new that we've never heard before, which it does, at least to me anyway.)

Last edited:
i just listened to the cleaned up version of ABOY on www.u2exit.com. and as i said before, its uninspired, boring stuff and the voice of bono on its lowest level. the only ray of hope comes at the end of the 53sec clip when edge is gonna starting to do a dirty (the fly?) solo.
if this clip is a real indicator for the tone of the new album, then i would say thank you for the music, it was nice to have you around for 25 years.

Wow, Jacobus, could you be any more depressing and negative?

Wow, the cleaned up version sounds lousy as well. But hey, it's better than no leak. We've waited 4 years, I guess I can wait 4 more months:drool:

ABOY Snippet

I heard it twice. It sounded to me like a mix between EBTTRT and Elevation. I wasn't terribly impressed. I hope the rest of the record is better. The snippet sounded somewhat uninspired. let's hope it's this album's 'Elevation'.

check out the existing threads on this topic, and you'll find everyone else's opinion.

Back
Top Bottom