MERGED-->53 second clip of All Because Of You leaked! + ABOY snippet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ramblin rose said:
These recordings were not made from inside the studio. You can see the picture on U2tour of Larry talking on the phone from the back of the studio you can all of the windows opened, and apparently they are blasting music with the windows opened.. The recordings were made by standing outside and recording from the street.

The more I think about the more I think that U2 was just waiting for someone to record so that this would happen. I don't usually think like this but come on. There are at least 4 or 5 people (from Germany & Spain) that were outside the studios while this music was being heard.

All of the people that made these recordings have specifically said they taped from the outside.

The difference now is that the buildings that were attached to one side of the studio have been demolished, so before it would have been impossible to get to the water side of the studio, or to hear what was coming out of those windows. Now that side is exposed so you could walk around to that side if you really wanted to, though apparently fans have been 'discouraged' from poking their heads/bodies around that back of the building. I personally think it's stepping over the line. All the windows in the water facing downstairs room were open when I was in there, but it was f*cking hot. I think the last thing on their mind is 'leaking' music out of the windows, just to get some fresh air.

As for windows, there are no windows open on the road/entrance side of the studio, but there are aircon units that I think leak some sound.

Cheers!
Jim

Well, from listening to it a few times;

- Edge's guitar sounds very good at the start, he's definitely doing some good work. I think at some point in this song he really launches into it.
- Bono's voice has not died.
- Lyrics are NOT the final cut but sure show potential.
- We can't hear Adam or Larry well enough at all to make any judgement yet.
- I am pretty sure this is a rough recording and IS NOT WHAT WILL BE RELEASED. If it's true, that Principle Management are chasing people down and that hanoverquay person with the threat is real, then that makes me even more certain. Remember how PMC really went after people for Axtung Beibi? I don't recall hearing anything about anyone chasing people down when Beautiful Day or Electrical Storm leaked, though if anyone wants to tell me what went on then, please do (I wasn't a fanatic until just after ES).

I was at HQ this week as week but we didnt hear a bloody thing!!

They were playing the FULl ALBUM at full blast through open doors on Wednesday and Thursday night and Bono is now taking fans for a drive in his flash Masarati between 12.30 and 1.30 in the morning to hear the single and a couple of tracks in his car. I know this as a friend of mine was in Bonos car on THursday night!! Lucky sod!! :wink:

I was very excited for my friend but slightly concerned that B is doing this as there have been more nasty incidents happening ending with a "fan " being removed from Dublin by the garda!!!:huh:

at the end edge plays that high part (aka Unforgettable Fire/WOWY) and its so cool!

Edge sounds like he's heading into a solo, and they probably cut it because its too cool for school!

edit: A RIDE IN BONOS MASERATI!!!!!!

AWESOME!!!!!!!

MAN I REALLY NEED TO MOVE TO IRELAND!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Axver: when ES was first played on the radio - that demo version - U2's label was very fast. So fast in fact, that the very first radio station to have gotten the song never played it. (the demo, that is)

I agree with Jim on one hand when he says having the windows open or inviting fans inside is not an open invitation to fans to leak songs.
On the other hand, in this day and age, it's a bit hard to expect NO ONE will try to get some sort of recording.

Last edited:
cool.

It sounds to me like bono singing over a track. Does anyone now the story of this recording? If the band were playing it live at the studio, I would question why the music was mixed so far behind bono's voice.

Reminds me of when BD was leaked. good times.

Elvis' link is fully active and working at the moment.

It's also up on Kazaa under the filename:

U2 - All Because Of You (Leaked 07-04-2004).mp3

Bono's Tart said:
I was at HQ this week as week but we didnt hear a bloody thing!!

They were playing the FULl ALBUM at full blast through open doors on Wednesday and Thursday night and Bono is now taking fans for a drive in his flash Masarati between 12.30 and 1.30 in the morning to hear the single and a couple of tracks in his car. I know this as a friend of mine was in Bonos car on THursday night!! Lucky sod!! :wink:

I was very excited for my friend but slightly concerned that B is doing this as there have been more nasty incidents happening ending with a "fan " being removed from Dublin by the garda!!!:huh:

That's sad. When I was there there was a scary couple hanging around the corner who decided to run after Edge's car into the garage..what were they thinking? It's obvious what the etiquette is when everybody else is sitting and conversing at the bench.. Sam came out and quite rightly gave them a bollocking for their behaviour.

Bono's Tart said:

That sounds like an interesting story. Do you have any details as to what happened?

Last edited:
sorry, u2fan, but i'm having trouble attaching files right now...dont know why

i sent it to all the other people

if anyones on the U2BloodRedSkyHub i'm sharing the file

You guys are all so great. I've had three people send me this. Thanks!
Yes, it does sound as if it was recored surreptitiously from inside someone's knapsack, but I like what I can hear. It sounds somehow very young and high energy. I am now officially very excited.:D

Headache in a Suitcase said:
in honor of this great news let's all recite the lyrics to "4th of July."

ready... GO!

I think I'll do air guitar to celebrate the occasion instead. The more I listen to this, the more I think Edge is doing some fantastic work on the whole album. This seems to very much hint at it. I'm just peeved it cuts off because I agree that it seems like it's going to go into a solo or something of the sort.

Axver said:
The more I listen to this, the more I think Edge is doing some fantastic work on the whole album.

:huh:

There isn't much guitar to be heard on that track because of the horrible quality, maybe more during the chorus but nothing really specific.

Maybe someone who knows how to clean this stuff up and make it sound better could try and do that, make the sound a bit more understandable... I know there's a lot of computer freaks out there that could help us with that!!! :wink:

ramblin rose said:
Wow, U2tour took the whole story down (including the short video).

and all the pictures

yeah the sound is pretty bad. try turining down the bass (the last 2-3 bars on the equalizer) and it sounds a little better

Last edited:
haha, priciple!

hey, if you principle guys see this, i tell you, this song is so good! release the album on August 8, Edge's birthday, or August 18, my birthday!!

discothequeLP said:
haha, priciple!

hey, if you principle guys see this, i tell you, this song is so good! release the album on August 8, Edge's birthday, or August 18, my birthday!!

Sound's like a plan!!

Hey Jim! I'd like to know.

Does this clip sound anything like what you heard in the studio or can't you remember?

just curious.

Back
Top Bottom