MERGED-->2004-2005 Tour. Where will it go?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think what happened during the last tour was an extraordinary set of circumstances. The world suffered a great shock and fear grew large(September 11/WTC) and Bono suffered great personal sorrow and joy( dying father, pregnant wife). I think U2 are the greatest band EVER, but I didn't want them straying too far from home amongst all that, it would have been too exhausting, in many ways.It wasn't all about money.

As far as whether it is financially profitable to tour the world (a lot of bands do...and it is!! U2 concert tickets would sell out in the blink of an eye right now imho)...there is a fifth member ( NO! not that one, although he probably makes a few decisions on occassions:D...) Paul McGuiness. I think he's rather good with the numbers and knows how to negotiate a good deal for his boys. He's been there all along, advising and steering and they've done quite nicely, thank you. I saw him in interview once say he wasn't advising them to participate in Bandaid until he realised the good publicity they would gain from it.
So who may know where the wind or the humble jumbo will take them?
It will depend on health , wealth , current wisdom, and family committments. I would say if Bono was given the choice they'd tour every village in Africa , every outback pub in Australia, every igloo in Alaska , every hut in Myanmar...you get my drift.

But they'll KIS, and just go to big places...we'll have to go to the mountain.

And if this is a place to put our own personal request
BRISBANE
or if we are really encouraged to dream out loud
The Pacific Hotel, Yamba
or
The Clarence Hotel, Grafton..just because of the coincidence with the name:)
wherever, whenever...they'll be here, and I'll be there, that's the deal my dear.........

PS: I promise I won't sing at the concert....or whistle.

But I will shout Bravo! and Encore! and the best songwriters in the world
:applaud:

Applause to cass..great post :yes:

I don?t have major expectations about U2 touring elsewhere but North America and Europe...but if they do it and come over here it will be a very nice surprise.

what cass said. If it's a stadium tour they will IMO likely go to Australia, Asia (?), and other parts of the world.

I'm telling ya, arenas first in 2004, then stadiums in 2005 if it all goes well.

U2 probably couldn't sell out an arena show in Oklahoma City. THey haven't played there since the early 80s, not a big U2 city, not a big city/state/geographically populated area in general. The majority of ppl from that area like either country or whatever is hip and popular at the moment. Or rap.

A rock band like U2 just doesn't fit in OK.

Cass, great post, and they better go to Brisbane. If they do, I'm there. If you happen to arrive outside the concert venue a week beforehand and find someone camping there, it'll most likely be me.

It would also be great if they went back to New Zealand. Then I could visit relatives and see a U2 concert or concerts. That would be great.

Aaaaahhhh! Hope they come to South America! :sad: I couldn't go to see them when they came... I'm so traumatized because of that... :sad:

I think they should also visit all the Irish pubs round Bris-vegas.
Bit of a pubcrawl would be suhweeet!!:drool:

Just so long as it's bloody world tour this time...America and Europe is not the world!!!:mad:

Sorry, I just wanna be at a U2 concert wuth my mates, that's all:sad:

For what they did on their last tour they better skip the US this time. 80 shows vs. 30 in Europe, which has a larger population, was a disgrace. And to neglect their fans in the rest of the world was criminal.

The tour won't probably be until 2005, because they are moving at a snail's pace. Autumn 2004, album will be released. Mark your calendar's.

Back
Top Bottom