MEMORY - why sitting behind the stage was the best place to be...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ouizy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
...because I could see all your faces.

I just had a thought last night about the shows I went to (two from sitting behind the stage, one from the front) and I really enjoyed it back there more than the front.

Yes, it is a cool sight to see Bono raise his arms in the air when the lights go up from in front of the stage, but it was AMAZING to see this happen from behind the stage and see everyone's face as it happened. It looked like 10000 people were looking at you.

The best, though was when the band walked onstage with the house lights up and everyone in the heart went crazy...

Originally posted by ouizy:

The best, though was when the band walked onstage with the house lights up and everyone in the heart went crazy...

I sat behind the stage, front row, 5/16 in Chicago, last year -- it was the best spot I had out of all I times I sat in seats
biggrin.gif
Next best spot, after the heart/floor.

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Popheart.org

That's really cool, ouizy. There are many people who can't find much positive about sitting behind the stage.

------------------
"Frisbetarians believe that when they die their soul goes up on the roof, and they can't get it down."

Bonochick's Place

Originally posted by Bonochick:
"Frisbetarians believe that when they die their soul goes up on the roof, and they can't get it down."

I love this quote!! LMAO!! He's such a goof!!

------------------
"You just stretch it out and realise
a whisper can be louder than a scream." ~Bono

*U2TakeMeHigher*

One of my faves too, olive (obviously!). I hadn't read Beep's book for awhile, so I picked it up the other day and opened up to where that quote was...I'd forgotten about it, but it always made me laugh.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Bonochick (edited 04-30-2002).]

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
Oh yes! Even though I wasn't behind the stage during STreets I would make it a point to turn around in AWE and look at the people in the arena losing their minds in the best possible way- it was Amazing!! I still don't think the DVD did that moment justice - i love seeing EVERYBODY just lit up... cool memory Ouizy!

Being behind the stage during Streets sucked for me because the screen came up and blocked our view! I missed most of the song and Bono's running. The same thing happened during One. BUT other than that it was cool. There was a huge drop between us and the stage, but Bono did go out of his way to give us attention. Larry and Edge smiled and waved right at us. I was right over the hole where they walk down off the stage from behind, so it was exciting to see that. I got a good view of Bono's butt, well, all their butts. It was also more relaxed than when I was in GA because I could move and dance and no one was squishing me. All areas of the show are like Dublin- they have their good, and their bad. But it's always good to be at a U2 show!

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

i was behind the stage second row during the first chicago show. 5/12. i was very worried going in to the show , and after ,i couldnt believe how amazing it was.

I couldn't agree with you more. I had behind the stage seats for the second San Jose show and it was definitely a great way to see the show. I was really grouchy beforehand because I had like 4th row GC seats for the first show but do you know what, I actually liked the behind the stage seats better because of the crowd reactions that I saw.

I think being behind the stage was awesome too. Besides GA, those were the closest seats I have ever had. And Bono paid a decent amount of attention to fans there considering. I was behind the stage at Boston2 and the energy was incredible (of course that just depends who you sit near). Anyway I was feeling a bit iffy about side./back seats but was definitely pleasantly surprised. And we all know BostonAnne wouldn't have had her awesome experience if her and her daughter had not been sitting there at Prov1
smile.gif

I've heard that sitting behind the stage is good for Larry girls...cos when he leaves the stage he rips off his shirt! Woo-hoo!

------------------

Just as you find me
Always I will be
A little bit too free
With myself

Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~:
I've heard that sitting behind the stage is good for Larry girls...cos when he leaves the stage he rips off his shirt! Woo-hoo!

and u get to stare at his ass like Bono said during some show LOL

------------------

*U2TakeMeHigher*

Originally posted by U2morrow:
I think being behind the stage was awesome too. Besides GA, those were the closest seats I have ever had. And Bono paid a decent amount of attention to fans there considering. I was behind the stage at Boston2 and the energy was incredible (of course that just depends who you sit near). Anyway I was feeling a bit iffy about side./back seats but was definitely pleasantly surprised. And we all know BostonAnne wouldn't have had her awesome experience if her and her daughter had not been sitting there at Prov1
smile.gif

icon36.gif

Even before the awesome experience, I thought they were the best seats I have ever had!

------------------
?....we?re being thrown out of the studio, we spent 10 minutes writing this next song, 10 minutes recording it, 10 minutes mixing it, 10 minutes playing it back and that?s nothing to do with why it?s called ?40??.? ? Bono - 4/29/87, Chicago, IL

I just had a thought last night about the shows I went to (two from sitting behind the stage, one from the front) and I really enjoyed it back there more than the front.

Yes, it is a cool sight to see Bono raise his arms in the air when the lights go up from in front of the stage, but it was AMAZING to see this happen from behind the stage and see everyone's face as it happened. It looked like 10000 people were looking at you.

Wow! I had never thought about that. That's really cool ouizy! It just goes to prove that there are no bad seats at a U2 show.
smile.gif

Oh yes! Even though I wasn't behind the stage during STreets I would make it a point to turn around in AWE and look at the people in the arena losing their minds in the best possible way- it was Amazing!! I still don't think the DVD did that moment justice - i love seeing EVERYBODY just lit up... cool memory Ouizy!

------------------

*U2TakeMeHigher*

I agree wholeheartedly!!

I had behind the stage ducats for the Albany show. Its the next best thing next to being in the heart.

CK

MEMORY - why sitting behind the stage was the best place to be...

I was just thinking - if someone posted this title in PLEBA, it would most likely have been a post about Bono's backside!
icon33.gif

But getting back to the topic - that's really cool! I never sat behind the stage, but I can imagine what it must have been like!
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom