melon's lonely thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melon

ONE love, blood, life
I've been reading a lot of posts of sadness and loneliness lately. Maybe I'm sensitive to this, because I've been writing my own posts of despair lately.

Either way, I wanted to write to everyone to say that you aren't alone, and, even if no one does or wants to understand, there is at least one person here who completely empathizes, no matter what your reason is.

If anyone wants to talk about it, this is the thread to do it. I, and I'm sure many other people here, would be willing to lend an ear (or in this case, lend an eye).
smile.gif

Anyway, from one melancholic person to the next, I wish you all the best that life has to offer!
smile.gif

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

Hey Melon,
You're alright, my man. We've had our arguments in the past, but ...but well, you are one alright dude in my book. Godspeed!

And the waitress is practicing politics
As the businessmen slowly get stoned
Yes, they're sharing a drink they call loneliness
But it's better than drinking alone

-Billy Joel, "Piano Man"

I always thought these were some of the cleverest lyrics ever written. Others think they're stupid. To heck with them.

This is for all the lonely people,
Thinking that life has passed them by.
Don't give up
Until you drink from the silver cup,
And ride that highway in the sky.

--America

Originally posted by U2Bama:
This is for all the lonely people,
Thinking that life has passed them by.
Don't give up
And ride that highway in the sky.

--America
Bama, did you know that Dan Peek form America did I new version of that in the late 80s?

It goes:
Don't give up
And give your life to Jesus Christ.

No, polka king, I did not know that, but I DID know that he had gone into the Contemporaray Christian realm after leaving America.

We often heard/sang that song on youth retreats and at church camp, interpreting the "silver cup" as the Communion Chalice.

Have you ever heard America's version of "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing"? It is quite good.

~U2Alabama

You know what's worse than being lonely?
Being an introvert.
What's worse than being an introvert?
Being an introvert on the Internet. (take a look at my number of posts.)

It sucks that even on the Internet, I can't make much friends because I'm too timid to speak up. And when I do, nobody responds. Like a tree falling in an empty forest.

So you see, I too am all alone in cyberspace.

Originally posted by theSoulfulMofo:
It sucks that even on the Internet, I can't make much friends because I'm too timid to speak up. And when I do, nobody responds. Like a tree falling in an empty forest.

So you see, I too am all alone in cyberspace.
Hello, I will now respond to you. I didn't on the mix Cd thread, because I don't know of any good bootlegs...

I hear ya, soulfulmofo. And even if no one is willing to listen, I'll listen. Keep it in mind...

Like everything about me, I am a paradoxical introvert / extrovert. I'm an introvert to people who don't thrill me enough, and I don't stop talking to those who connect with me. Those who can figure out "my code" are very brilliant people indeed.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

theSoulfulMofo: hey, I'm an introvert sometimes, I know how that feels. You do what you can, everyone is friendly here on some level! Personally I don't respond in writing to a lot of things (finding it hard to express myself lately) but I am reading and appreciating what people say.

Is there anything wrong with loneliness? I guess humans are social beings but not everyone cares to socialize. I spend most of the time alone, yet I never feel lonely. In fact, the only time I feel lonely is in the company of others. Sure, once in awhile its refreshing to have a conversation with someone but is it really necessary to have company most times?

Originally posted by qball7200:
Is there anything wrong with loneliness? I guess humans are social beings but not everyone cares to socialize. I spend most of the time alone, yet I never feel lonely. In fact, the only time I feel lonely is in the company of others. Sure, once in awhile its refreshing to have a conversation with someone but is it really necessary to have company most times?

I think different people have different needs. I can't handle being around people all the time, but I hate being alone all the time too. Balance is good.

lonliness?!?!?!!? hahahahahaha
Don't even get me started!
I turned 20 back in June and I've still never had a date!
I absolutley LOVE this gal but, OF COURSE, it's not mutual. Oh...I'm supposed to be a brother figure to every fucking girl out there.
I'm every girls brother...so sweet and cute, how good they ever jeoprodize our friendship by trying something crazy like dating?

question: WHY IS IT YOU GIRLS ALWAYS GO FOR THE LOSERS?? I would treat her sooooooooooooooooooooo good and I would never hurt her but she seems to like guys who pay her no attention or who are just bad bad guys.
why do girls want go out with bad guys and just be great friends with the good ones?

SORRY! I've been waiting to vent after last night. My head is fucked up, I'm going looney.
Signing out.

------------------
"We got no style...swagger...but no style"

[This message has been edited by Basstrap (edited 10-07-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom