Meeting With Bono!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:cool: Cool Story DiGi!

I have a couple of questions:

Was the woman that you work with (Tammy) that brought you to the meeting today the same person that won the Elevation jacket?

Do you know the four laughing girls and why were they laughing? Nervous?

Are you in this picture?
attachment.php

I'm so happy for you :D

BostonAnne said:
:cool: Cool Story DiGi!

I have a couple of questions:

Was the woman that you work with (Tammy) that brought you to the meeting today the same person that won the Elevation jacket?

Do you know the four laughing girls and why were they laughing? Nervous?

Are you in this picture?
attachment.php

I'm so happy for you :D

MVD - he was at AOL because we (AOL) are going to start promoting the crap out of DATA. There are 25 million AOL members in the US and that is a lot of eyeballs for his cause. I have been wanting to do this for a while I am glad someone is making it happen.

BA - No Tammy is not the same woman that bought the Jacket. She is just a woman in my dept. who somehow got clued in before the rest of us. I do not think the woman who bought the jacket is here full time anymore.

The girls who were laughing came in late, they were just four random girls. Maybe they thought it was some dressing up trying to look like Bono. Maybe they had no idea. I am not really sure. It seemed like the girls sitting next to him were not phased. I am guessing most of the ladies here would have been flipping their lids.

As far as where I was, if you see the guy in the red shirt in the left corner I was near him. I am not in this picture though or any others.

The guy in the beige jacket works for DATA his name was Jamie or something like that.

My buddy told me I should have worn my slane tshirt...

DiGi said:

MVD - he was at AOL because we (AOL) are going to start promoting the crap out of DATA. There are 25 million AOL members in the US and that is a lot of eyeballs for his cause. I have been wanting to do this for a while I am glad someone is making it happen.

Makes me almost want to be an AOL member... I hope that the 25 million eyeballs pay attention!

Holy :censored:ing shit!!!!!!!

Digi You must seriously be just beside yourself right now. Omg that is so fantastic!!!! I would have felt like I was dreaming.

I'm wondering what forum this thread came from though? :confused: Angie?

I think I should at least make a copy of it for the Band Meetings & Sightings for PLEBA though.

Way to Go Digi :applaud: (I knew you were a guy from the beginning :p )

That is a very awesome story! I'm so happy such a loyal fan was present, it must have meant so much for you!

And yaay for representing us well. :)

Digi, you are my hero!:bow: If I were in the same room as Bono I just know my brain would turn to mush and I wouldn't be able to think of an intelligent thing to ask him.

Sicy said:
Holy :censored:ing shit!!!!!!!

Digi You must seriously be just beside yourself right now. Omg that is so fantastic!!!! I would have felt like I was dreaming.

I'm wondering what forum this thread came from though? :confused: Angie?

I think I should at least make a copy of it for the Band Meetings & Sightings for PLEBA though.

Way to Go Digi :applaud: (I knew you were a guy from the beginning :p )

I was seriously flippin my lid this morning...we had to wait a while for him to come in. I could not sit still. I felt like the luckiest U2 fan on the planet today. I seriously wish the rest of you could have had this chance today. All the well wishes - you all rock!

Had there been a chance for individual pictures I was going to grab some paper and right "Hello Interference" and ask him to hold it up.

Originally the thread was in Band and Clatter...first half is titled "Monday"

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

so do you still hate your job? ;)

I think I'll let you figure that one out :sexywink:

I forgot to tell the story Mr. Hewson told about the little girl he met in an illinois classroom when he did the tour with Ashley Judd a few months back.

DiGi said:

It seemed like the girls sitting next to him were not phased. I am guessing most of the ladies here would have been flipping their lids.

So was that just a lucky AOL girl sitting next to him or someone from DATA? What I wouldn't have given to be in that spot! :combust:

OMG the best story I have seen in ages?:drool: :heart: :happy: :sick:

DIGI is COOL,
repeat after me
DIGI is COOL:dance:

So here's my question, nobody said anything while you were snapping pictures at the big meeting

OMG that is truely amazing!!!

Great question! i would of been tongue tied!

Must have been a fantastic experience!

yes some random AOL girl was sitting next to him and no one said a word while i was taking pictures. Only 3 or 4 people in the room had a camera. My friend Tammy, My friend Stephanie, some other random guy and myself.

If anyone cant see the pictures, because I uploaded them to this site and they are not a premium member, please let me know and I will upload them to my website and provide the url.

DiGi said:

If anyone cant see the pictures, because I uploaded them to this site and they are not a premium member, please let me know and I will upload them to my website and provide the url.

I would love to see the pictures if you dont mind :hyper: :)

Back
Top Bottom