Meeting the band?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've met Bono in the Kitchen and I've played pool with Larry. Both times out of sheer luck and beeing in the right place at the right time

If you can find out where they are staying, go there. From my (1) experience there will be some sort of protection out front, like bodyguards.
Most shows I think they go to soundcheck at about 4 so if you wait 'till then and you've got the right hotel...
From my experience they knew of our presence before they came out via security.
Oh yeah-don't yell or scream when they are with you.

------------------
i'm a reasonable man
get off my case

Man, is that ever true! Nothing scares them off faster than that. And don't stare! I got in so much trouble for that, Dennis Sheehan blasted me right in front of Bono for that one.
redface.gif

Originally posted by kobayashi:
Oh yeah-don't yell or scream when they are with you.

Originally posted by Dublin Phil:
I've met Bono in the Kitchen and I've played pool with Larry. Both times out of sheer luck and beeing in the right place at the right time

didn?t you meet Bono in the loo??? Just have been *ahem* exiting
biggrin.gif

------------------
Action-Packed Mentallist

"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

I didn't "meet" Bono and The Edge but I did see them outside the Anaheim venue when they arrived for the soundcheck.
There was a group of girls screaming "Bonoooo!", he never looked up at them but he did talk to the calm fans.
I asked Bono, as calm as I could and without raising my voice, if they were going to play "Kite" that night, he looked up at me, gave me a cute smile and said, "we'll see".Aaawwwww.
smile.gif

Miss McPhisto says there was also a girl who took off her shirt to have Bono autograph it but he wouldn't do it.
smile.gif

Thanks for the words of wisdom guys! I am going to try my hardest to meet the boys this time out... I will definitely remember to keep my cool!

Shygirl

Back
Top Bottom