Meeting 'old friends' again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boystupidboy

Refugee
Yesterday i was pottering around the kitchen with my stereo playing so i dragged out my entire u2 collection.I played October,thats a really good album.Unforgettable Fire,that has some classics .Then onto Wide awake in America,jesus i have'nt played that for years!!
I then rummaged thru' my singles and played loads of b-sides,luminous times,night and day and the superb lady with the spinning head to name but a few.
I could'nt stop grinning on what wonderful music u2 have produced over the years and what an honour it has been to listen to it.It great to hear u2 bring out new/fresh sounding material after all these years but its also a pleasure to drag out there older stuff and keep 'in touch'.
End of ramble..........

nice post!

but i find, with the exception of one album, that i play each of u2's records on a fairly regular basis...... so i haven't really had the feeling of 'revisiting' any of the records....

but i sure you've been a fan for a much longer period of time...

you are certainly right 'bout TUF......that record has some quality songs on it........A sort of homecoming, Pride, TUF and Promenade and Bad especially......

Last edited:
AcrobatMan said:

did you forget Indian Summer Sky...:shame:

if you say that because of my country .....ha ha!

otherwise i don't think that song is anywhere near a u2 classic..

Back
Top Bottom