Meet And Greet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBrazilianFly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Does U2 have a Meet And Greet before each show? Metallica has that for ages now and it's really cool. Before EVERY show start the bands meets some 10-15 people (maybe more, I?m not sure) and signs their stuff and takes picture with each one of them. I never read anything about this about U2. So does U2 have a Meet And Greet?

That, I'm sure, depends on the city. Bigger cities like LA, Chicago and NYC probably (try to) arrange some secure way for a meet and greet - but for big bands like U2, it's pretty hard and not very common. It's nice to hear Metallica still do this. I've not heard of a U2 meet and greet in the past...but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened. :shrug:

Metallica's meet and greet happen because of their official fan club. It happens in every city they go, even outside America, in Europe, South America... I think if U2 has not started doing this by now then they'll probably never do it at all. Plus I don't think Larry would really like to do this every night (as much as he likes his fans).... :eyebrow:

U2 has no official meet and greet. I doubdt they will start on the next tour. They only have "guests". So you have to know someone basically to get backstage and unless you are close friends with the band you will probebly be put in the hospitality room and wont be allowed anywhere near their dressing room. Half the time the band doesnt even stop by this area, although I "hear" there is some good food sometimes!! LOL

They could do like Kiss and Van Halen are doing. They have a platinum package where you get to attend soundcheck and meet the band. VH charges $300, Kiss charges more. I kind of see it as cashing in though and almost hope U2 doesnt do it from that perspective. But being at soundcheck is cool, I'am sure alot of fans would pay to do it.

I would pay more than $300 to listen to soundcheck and MEET the BAND !!!!! Are you kidding? 300 is a small price to pay to meet the Boyz - Sh*T, I have to pay like 100 just for a nosebleed ticket in MSG or Giants stadium

Blue Room said:

They could do like Kiss and Van Halen are doing. They have a platinum package where you get to attend soundcheck and meet the band. VH charges $300, Kiss charges more.
VH is also doing a similar thing to U2's heart on this tour. They recently announced the stage would be designed like the ringed =VH= logo and there are 2 sections called "golden rings" within the stage, essentially under the VH portion of the stage with a walkway around. Detalis on www.van-halen.com .
The difference is they are auctioning off the tickets to these sections, with some proceeds going to a charity, but the cost is gonna be high to get in there.

On the elevation tour, from my understanding sometimes the band will come out and sign some stuff for about 30 minutes for the fans that have waited outside but in terms of an "official" meet and greet, I am not to sure about that.

Blue Room said:
U2 has no official meet and greet. I doubdt they will start on the next tour. They only have "guests". So you have to know someone basically to get backstage and unless you are close friends with the band you will probebly be put in the hospitality room and wont be allowed anywhere near their dressing room. Half the time the band doesnt even stop by this area, although I "hear" there is some good food sometimes!! LOL

They could do like Kiss and Van Halen are doing. They have a platinum package where you get to attend soundcheck and meet the band. VH charges $300, Kiss charges more. I kind of see it as cashing in though and almost hope U2 doesnt do it from that perspective. But being at soundcheck is cool, I'am sure alot of fans would pay to do it.

VH and Kiss are greedy so of course they would charge money to have their fans meet them. The sad thing is that there are fans who really want to meet their rock icons and feel that this is the only way to do it. Soundchecks are cool but you can always stand outside the venue and listen to them. Also, as for the meet and greet part, they probably only give the fans less than 10 minutes of a hellow and a signature. For $300 I want dinner with them. A musician who is really does love his/her fans will NOT HOLD meet and greets like these but if someone comes up in an appropriate manner, I am sure the artist would not refuse a signature.

If U2 were to do a paid meet and greet, I wouldn't buy it.

Back
Top Bottom