Me and my overactive imagination....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by The Edge

"Back again, 'New and improved'
We return to our irregularly programmed schedule
hidden cleverly between heavy breasted
beer and car commercials
CNNESPNABCTNT but mostly B.S"

maybe coincidental...i see it as a disclaimer of sorts so that we understand that its not all surface what they are up to now, and that they things that have always been at the forefront of their minds still remain there, as glamorous as things might look in the upcoming weeks.

has anyone ever quoted him/herself, cus im gonna now :wink:

mofo82 said:

maybe coincidental...i see it as a disclaimer of sorts so that we understand that its not all surface what they are up to now, and that they things that have always been at the forefront of their minds still remain there, as glamorous as things might look in the upcoming weeks.

the whole top of the pops thing is the perfect example of what U2 has to do to sell their product, and i can guarantee you if was up to them, they wouldnt be exclusive to 16-21 year-olds. They have to be something other than their true selves sometime to achieve the greater good. so in other words, dont necessarily believe what you see, as great as it looks.

mofo82 said:
the whole top of the pops thing is the perfect example of what U2 has to do to sell their product, and i can guarantee you if was up to them, they wouldnt be exclusive to 16-21 year-olds. They have to be something other than their true selves sometime to achieve the greater good. so in other words, dont necessarily believe what you see, as great as it looks.

I must say this has crossed my mind.

stars, what i mean was that edge may not want the tried and true fans to believe that theyve abandoned us with the surfacy stuff they might have to do promoting the album. some of the things like the underage top/pops contest or the fake fans running on the field at the super bowl, even the ipod commercials are standard procedure crap that might not seem u2-esque so dont necessarily believe theyve changed. i didnt mean that you, in particular, should believe that its really him or whatever :wink:

Back
Top Bottom