Maybe U2 won't tour the new album in the U.S.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I will agree that Zooropa/Zoomerang was basically an extension of the Zoo TV/Outside Broadcast tour. However, I disagree that Lovetown was an extension of the Joshua Tree tour.

The Joshua Tree tour ended on 12-20-87, Lovetown started on 9-21-89. That is almost 2 years and an album between them. Not to mention that the stage set up was different and the tour had a completely different look and feel to it. So I would say they were completely separate tours.

What people outside the N. America have to realize is how big the U.S. and Canada are. There is alot of money to be made in these markets and that is why artists spend more time touring here (not just U2). It takes much longer to cover the entire U.S. than it does most other countries.

I think Europe as a whole is comparable to the U.S. as a whole as far as the market and for most tours U2 has met the demand in that market. After this summer that will not have changed. Europe gets the best of everything from U2. I guess it makes sense as that is where they are from. The U.S. gets more shows but Europe and the rest of the world get more variety as far as songs and the show.

Originally posted by U2girl:

Besides, olive, my post wasn't about you alone. I was reffering to others Americans who have been whining "when will U2 come back" too. It's not fair to do that while the rest of the world (and i'm not talking about Europe, although it should get more than it did, and the rumored Europe summer tour is only for a few weeks, says Bono) lacks U2 shows.

Us Americans have gotten spoiled, and it seems like a lot of people expect things from U2.

I got to see U2 once on this tour...that was great...that was fine. It would have been nice if instead of coming back to the U.S. they ventured to other parts of the world. However, also considering September 11th, I think having a band like U2 playing on our soil in the time after helped heal many hearts.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Originally posted by Blue Room:
I will agree that Zooropa/Zoomerang was basically an extension of the Zoo TV/Outside Broadcast tour. However, I disagree that Lovetown was an extension of the Joshua Tree tour.

The Joshua Tree tour ended on 12-20-87, Lovetown started on 9-21-89. That is almost 2 years and an album between them. Not to mention that the stage set up was different and the tour had a completely different look and feel to it. So I would say they were completely separate tours.

What people outside the N. America have to realize is how big the U.S. and Canada are. There is alot of money to be made in these markets and that is why artists spend more time touring here (not just U2). It takes much longer to cover the entire U.S. than it does most other countries.

I think Europe as a whole is comparable to the U.S. as a whole as far as the market and for most tours U2 has met the demand in that market. After this summer that will not have changed. Europe gets the best of everything from U2. I guess it makes sense as that is where they are from. The U.S. gets more shows but Europe and the rest of the world get more variety as far as songs and the show.

Oh, I don't blame U2 for spending a lot of time and energy on the North American market en masse. Not at all.

I guess it's precisely for that very reason that I get a bit edgy about this sort of discussion. Not that the rest of the world gets left out (I could care less whether they come to Australia or SE Asia, because in truth I don't yet believe they will), but that anyone could imagine the band neglects North America. Or is likely to in future. Unless they quit touring or something.

------------------
"I could walk into this room
and the waves of conversation
are enough
to knock you down
with the undertow

soooo alone..."

Blue Room: U2 starts their tours in US since JT, right? So, not only do you guys get most of U2, you also get them first.

I don't think Europe (or any other part of the world) gets "the best" of U2's shows. It depends from each night. (of course, i imagine homecoming shows in Dublin are special)

US is the most important market in the world, when it comes to music. No one can compare with it. (why do you think they play the most there?)

People should just wait till the album's finished and till any dates are officially announced. I bet the States will not be left out.

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 01-07-2002).]

Well actually you could argue that by starting here they are sort of warming up for the rest of the world. U2 are seldom at top form at the beginning of a tour and typically dont hit their stride until a month or two into a tour.

I'am not complaining about U2 playing here and I certainly agree that we get our fair share. But I dont know how you can argue that Europe doesnt see more variety than the U.S. or any other market really.

Europe received the Joshua Tree tour AND the Lovetown tour. Europe received the Zoo TV tour AND the Zooropa tour. What I mean by the best shows is the overall stage show and setlist. I dont think very many will argue that the Zooropa and Zoomerang tours were better than the Outside Broadcast tour. Also, many feel that Lovetown was much better than the Joshua Tree tour. That is what I meant by getting the best. I never said the performances in the U.S. were not great. I just mean that Europe gets U2 well rehearsed in top form with different songs which typically means "better" IMO.

First of all, let me make clear that I sincerely hope that ALL of you guys get your U2 fix and then some, no matter what part of the world you are in. I enjoy reading about what the band played ( same set list or new surprises), what Bono may have said or done, which shirt Edge was wearing, etc... in each of your towns. The rest of us get to re-live the experience a little through your eyes.

Secondly,I think the possibility of them coming back to the US is better than it's been in the past. They have stated that they are having the best time touring that they've ever had and with the success of ATYCLB, they've hit another peak in their career. It hasn't been more popular to be a U2 fan since the JT days. BUT, they were young men back then in their 20's with their 30's & 40's ahead of them ( I am in no way implying that they are not as good as they used to be simply because they're getting older- I don't buy into that theory of ageism; I personally feel they've never looked, played, or sounded better). However, they know that time is passing and that they will not be at this stage again too many more times. They may not want to do a big tour again in the years to come. We never know what will happen. They could decide to go ahead and do it now ( carpe diem ) while they are really having a great time touring and are so excited about the new material. It could happen.

Blueroom- I agree with everything you said, including the part about U2 being in top form for Europe, which is great for them.

JulyFly- I agree with you about them wanting to seize the moment and hoping they do indeed do.

U2girl- Let's just make it clear that myself, and I think I can speak on the behalf of most of the American Interferencers here- do not begrudge anyone in any country a U2 show! On the other hand, I can see why you think I am (we are) selfish- but no one can HONESTLY say that if U2 were willing and able, they wouldn't have them play in the backyard every night.

Anyway i've come to the conclusion (not to different from when I started this thread lol) that Europe & ROW will get a brilliant tour, America will probably be visited again, if not for the market and the fans that want to see them (again, nice point Blueroom about the comparison to size of US/Canada & Europe), then for the reasons Bonochick stated. I hope they will want to share themselves so generously again with us. If not- looks like I'm going to Europe.
wink.gif

Until we find out I look forward to hearing all the reports of the shows that they are scheduled to do and living vicariously through other wonderful fans.

------------------
"Songs are the language of the spirit... the melodies are how you sing to God. It's a deep language. But they can't explain everything, because really great songs touch places that you can't explain." -Bono

U2 Take Me Higher

Jazz man bass man cool -bluey-

Originally posted by Kieran McConville:
Somebody else is sure to point this out, but wasn't Lovetown basically just an extension of the Joshua Tree Tour, and Zooropa (Zoomerang et al) an extension of ZooTV? How exactly have North American fans missed out?

Because we never got to hear Lemon, Daddy's Gonna Pay, The First Time, Numb, Dirty Day, Hawkmoon 269, Love Rescue Me, She's a Mystery to Me or Van Dieman's Land EVER. What's more we never got to hear Angel of Harlem performed with the "B.B. King orchestra", the stunning LoveTown renditions of All I Want is You, the full band renditions of Stay (Faraway, So Close!) AND we never got to see MacPhisto! Love him or hate him, MacPhisto was a huge part of 90's U2. You don't hear anyone talking about Mirrorball Man anymore do you?
My point is that yes, European and Australian fans did get the short thrift on last years Elevation gigs but it isn't as though it has never happened to American fans before. And U2 are planning more Elevation gigs as we speak! Which doubtless means that Europe will get extra gigs, Australia will finally get some shows and the band will hopefully find time for gigs in Asia and Central and South America.
SSSSSSOOOOOO...the next time Europe gets short thrifted on a U2 tour will be the FIRST time. Quit your whining.

MAP

Originally posted by Matthew_Page2000:
the next time Europe gets short thrifted on a U2 tour will be the FIRST time
I'm not worried about Europe, we will always get our fair share
if I was an Aussie fan I wouldn't mind trading MacPhisto for seeing U2 more often than once every 6 years and get the North America 'short thrifted' deal

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Because we never got to hear Lemon, Daddy's Gonna Pay, The First Time, Numb, Dirty Day, Hawkmoon 269, Love Rescue Me, She's a Mystery to Me or Van Dieman's Land EVER. What's more we never got to hear Angel of Harlem performed with the "B.B. King orchestra", the stunning LoveTown renditions of All I Want is You, the full band renditions of Stay (Faraway, So Close!) AND we never got to see MacPhisto! Love him or hate him, MacPhisto was a huge part of 90's U2. You don't hear anyone talking about Mirrorball Man anymore do you?
My point is that yes, European and Australian fans did get the short thrift on last years Elevation gigs but it isn't as though it has never happened to American fans before. And U2 are planning more Elevation gigs as we speak! Which doubtless means that Europe will get extra gigs, Australia will finally get some shows and the band will hopefully find time for gigs in Asia and Central and South America.
SSSSSSOOOOOO...the next time Europe gets short thrifted on a U2 tour will be the FIRST time. Quit your whining.

MAP

I don't know whether Lovetown was better than JT or whether Zooropa was better than Zoo tv (i was certainly too young to see any of it, and i didn't hear any bootlegs).

It's a matter of taste, i guess. Personally, i'd rather hear JT or AB songs live over R&H or Zooropa ones any time.
(surely there are bootlegs out there to comfort those who haven't seen Lovetown or Zooropa?)

True, Elevation tour is coming to Europe. But according to Bono, it will be only for a few weeks. (which is still way less than US got, but never mind that...)

Like i said, i wasn't talking about Europe, i was talking about ROW.
I'm just saying don't panic until we get official dates for the tour for the new album. And don't be pessimistic and whine in advance.

ps: Whining? LOL, yeah right...

------------------

be uncool, yes be awkward

Well actually you could argue that by starting here they are sort of warming up for the rest of the world. U2 are seldom at top form at the beginning of a tour and typically dont hit their stride until a month or two into a tour.

I'am not complaining about U2 playing here and I certainly agree that we get our fair share. But I dont know how you can argue that Europe doesnt see more variety than the U.S. or any other market really.

Europe received the Joshua Tree tour AND the Lovetown tour. Europe received the Zoo TV tour AND the Zooropa tour. What I mean by the best shows is the overall stage show and setlist. I dont think very many will argue that the Zooropa and Zoomerang tours were better than the Outside Broadcast tour. Also, many feel that Lovetown was much better than the Joshua Tree tour. That is what I meant by getting the best. I never said the performances in the U.S. were not great. I just mean that Europe gets U2 well rehearsed in top form with different songs which typically means "better" IMO.

Hmmmm...yes, but they usually come back to US (leg 3) after going to Europe, which means they are in better shape that time.

I don't think that first leg shows of, say, Elevation tour were necessarily worse than leg 3.

As for the songs: setlist is a matter of taste, and different songs aren't necessarily better for everyone's taste.

I never said Europe doesn't see more variety than other markets. Where did you see that in my posts?

And i never said Americans are being selfish, nor am i saying U2 should play less in US.

I'm saying there's no reason why they wouldn't play US, or neglect Americans in any way, so no need to whine.

The fact that Zooropa or R&H didn't get played in US doesn't mean anything in regards to the future.
U2 was probably tired after all the touring, also i imagine Zooropa was a tough album to be transformed live well.
Plus, both are technically not regular U2 albums (both done during a tour), so i don't think Zooropa or Lovetown count as tours.

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
...Leg 3) America - outside broadcast 4 months (Aug-Nov)
*3 month break*
*zooropa released feb 93*
*2 month break*
Leg 4) New Zooland & Japan - Zoomerang Tour- 2 months
(nov-dec)...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you've got a few of your dates mixed up. It went a little something like this:

Outside broadcast tour (North America): August 1992 - November 1992

-Six Month Break-

Zooropa tour (Europe): May 1993 - August 1993 ***ZOOROPA WAS RELEASED DURING THIS TOUR, IN JULY OF 1993***

-Three Month Break-

Zoomerang (Australia)/New Zooland/ZooTV Japan tour: November 1993 - December 1993

I realize this doesn't affect your correlation to the Elevation tour much, but I thought I'd point it out. Zooropa was released while they were on the Zooropa tour, all of which happened after a six month break following the Outside Broadcast leg.

[This message has been edited by Zoocoustic (edited 01-07-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Zoocoustic (edited 01-07-2002).]

U2 girl, I think you are taking this as some type of attack and I wouldnt take it that way. My posts were not completely directed at you but at several people who posted on this thread.

Regarding the matter of taste. You may be right, but I can pretty much guarantee you that most fans given the choice between a wider variety of songs and limited number of songs played would take wider variety and say that is better.

Also, you did not attend any of the prior tours nor have you even heard the bootlegs?? I'am not sure how you can pass judgement what was better either way then? My judgement is based on seeing most of those tours in person and/or having a large number of recordings or videos of them to compare. I think you will find the consensus opinion by those that have listened to the recording and/or attended the actual shows that Lovetown was generally better than The Joshua Tree tour AND that Zooropa/Zoomerang was better than Zoo TV/Outside Broadcast. I know I have read an interview with Bono himself where he said that Zooropa/Zoomerang was head shoulders better than the Outside Broadcast leg.

Whats my point? Basically that Europe gets the best of both worlds. ALL tours and a variety on those tours. As pointed out in the post previously there is a large catalog of songs U2 has played in Europe that they have not in the U.S. and that is because a particular tour did not come here. I think the U.S. gets the same if not more than Europe as far as volume. But I would personally for-go the 3rd leg in favor of them returning later with a new albums worth of material to play. THAT is what Europe will get almost for sure. I dont have a problem with that. U2 are European after all. But there seems to be a trend on here that the U.S. fans get the most spoiled with the tours. I think that history proves otherwise. We are probebly the 2nd most spoiled though.

U2 girl, I think you are taking this as some type of attack and I wouldnt take it that way. My posts were not completely directed at you but at several people who posted on this thread.

Regarding the matter of taste. You may be right, but I can pretty much guarantee you that most fans given the choice between a wider variety of songs and limited number of songs played would take wider variety and say that is better.

Also, you did not attend any of the prior tours nor have you even heard the bootlegs?? I'am not sure how you can pass judgement what was better either way then? My judgement is based on seeing most of those tours in person and/or having a large number of recordings or videos of them to compare. I think you will find the consensus opinion by those that have listened to the recording and/or attended the actual shows that Lovetown was generally better than The Joshua Tree tour AND that Zooropa/Zoomerang was better than Zoo TV/Outside Broadcast. I know I have read an interview with Bono himself where he said that Zooropa/Zoomerang was head shoulders better than the Outside Broadcast leg.

Whats my point? Basically that Europe gets the best of both worlds. ALL tours and a variety on those tours. As pointed out in the post previously there is a large catalog of songs U2 has played in Europe that they have not in the U.S. and that is because a particular tour did not come here. I think the U.S. gets the same if not more than Europe as far as volume. But I would personally for-go the 3rd leg in favor of them returning later with a new albums worth of material to play. THAT is what Europe will get almost for sure. I dont have a problem with that. U2 are European after all. But there seems to be a trend on here that the U.S. fans get the most spoiled with the tours. I think that history proves otherwise. We are probebly the 2nd most spoiled though.

I'm not taking this as an attack.

I don't know if i would choose limited songs or variety of songs. Depends which songs would be included in both options.

Didn't you see the last post on page 1?
I said i can't say whether Zoo TV was better than Zooropa and i can't say whether Lovetown was better than JT tour, because i didn't see them live. I have a bootleg of Zoo tv. I just said what albums i'd prefer hearing live, i never said that any of the tours was better than the other.

No one has yet said U2 will play any of the songs of the new album (as i understand, it's just a couple additional Elevation shows. also, who knows how many new songs will be finished by then?).
What makes you think they'll do it?

US is most spoiled IMO. More shows plus earlier contacts with the live shows, which IMO beats hearing new songs anytime.
(because the songs need time to be rehearsed properly, which can be done after the album comes out, and not between the tour. also, what good is a new song if people don't like it?)

What makes me think they will play new songs???? Take a look at the Zooropa/Zoomerang tour. Most of the Zooropa album was played. The same for the Lovetown tour. U2 plans to have the album finished by the time the Euro tour happens based on what they have said.

As far as a 2 week tour. In the language of Bonogelese that could mean anywhere from 2 months to a year. If U2 tours this summer I can almost guarantee you it will be longer than 2 weeks.

Right now I will conceed that it is all conjecture. But based on what the band of have said and their touring history I think that the Euro tour will be longer than 2 weeks, the album will be finished, and they will most definately play new songs off the album.

[This message has been edited by Blue Room (edited 01-07-2002).]

What makes me think they will play new songs???? Take a look at the Zooropa/Zoomerang tour. Most of the Zooropa album was played. The same for the Lovetown tour. U2 plans to have the album finished by the time the Euro tour happens based on what they have said.

As far as a 2 week tour. In the language of Bonogelese that could mean anywhere from 2 months to a year. If U2 tours this summer I can almost guarantee you it will be longer than 2 weeks.

Right now I will conceed that it is all conjecture. But based on what the band of have said and their touring history I think that the Euro tour will be longer than 2 weeks, the album will be finished, and they will most definately play new songs off the album.

U2 said they wanna get in the studio quickly after the tour ended, and they did.

But that doesn't mean the album could be already done by the summer tour.
(a FEW weeks, not two weeks)
Most people even doubt the album will be out in 2002.

And i doubt they would play new songs when ATYCLB ones (and older) are being accepted so well live. Plus, it's hard work enough to rehearse all the songs from the catalogue, who says they'd bother with the new stuff too?

Like i said, Zooropa and R&H are exceptions because they were done during the tour, and i doubt U2 would want to tour for months in Europe or anywhere else after Elevation's success. Surely they'll be taking a break after Europe dates as far as touring is concerned.

I don't think any bashing has taken place in this thread

I don't really understand what exactly has been discussed so far though

this is how I see it:
* Europe gets to see U2 on every tour
* the States get to see U2 more during a tour (they have missed out on some 'expanded tours' -- though it doesn't really mean that this will also be the case now)
* Australia, Asia and Africa get shafted because it would cost too much money to go there (I still think they don't need to lose any money on touring Australia)

------------------
Salome

[This message has been edited by Salome (edited 01-07-2002).]

Originally posted by Salome:
the next time Europe gets short thrifted on a U2 tour will be the FIRST time
I'm not worried about Europe, we will always get our fair share
if I was an Aussie fan I wouldn't mind trading MacPhisto for seeing U2 more often than once every 6 years and get the North America 'short thrifted' deal

Agreed, Salome!

Blue Room: why is We love you not an example? It is a first time it was played, and it is rough. (1981? isn't it a new song?)

Of course later shows tend to be better, but like i said, this is what leg 3 of US is for. And i'm sure most fans wouldn't worry about missing ques or Bono forgetting words once they're in a show.

I don't know about per capita statistics, but i think US also gets covered more and better than Europe.
(lots of states in Europe still have never seen U2)

This is not about bashing Americans, it's about considering others before you complain about seeing U2 or not. (and before any dates have been given, and even before the album is made)

Originally posted by NicaMom:
OK, I'll just ignore the over use of the word "whine" when referring to Americans and other little things.
well, I don't think either that 'the discussion' has left nothing to be desired
tongue.gif

but (sad enough) I've seen much worse

I think both Americans and Europeans have been accused of whining in this thread almost equally (and rightfully so!)

------------------
Salome

Hey, I know the U.S. is spoiled. I'am not whining or complaining about it. It bothers me though when some Europeans call us spoiled yet they tend to get just as much if not more than us. Personally I think both markets are spoiled. U2girl said that the U.S. is more spoiled and I completely disagree with that. If anything it is equal.

I agree that our friends down under and some other markets get the short end of the stick. Sure there are some markets that get limited play or none at all. Typically there is a reason like the market demand is not there to warrant taking the tour there. (the exceptions to that are S. America and Australia, obviously there is a strong fan base there). N. America and Europe have the highest populations concentrations and the highest market demand. That is why U2 plays those markets so much.

I really dont think hoping U2 comes back in 2003 is whining either. I dont know why that is construed as whining. Anyway, this thread is going nowhere fast.

Originally posted by numbededge:
South America and some of Europe has the great fanatics that would fill stadiums (although they deserve to see U2 in arenas too)

Thank you numbededge.

Typically there is a reason like the market demand is not there to warrant taking the tour there. (the exceptions to that are S. America and Australia, obviously there is a strong fan base there).

Thank you as well Blue Room.

I was starting to believe that we didn?t even exist...

Just to add my poor opinion...U2 will always go back to US because, apart from the money that seems to grow on trees there, they have an undeniable deep and strong relationship with their loyal fans from US (I don?t say Americans, cause we?re Americans too...and so are Canadians).

As for Europe, they are Europeans, somebody already said so...they have strong fan bases in France, Italy, German, UK, so many countries, all of them so close...and I don?t think that money is a problem there as well...or the lack of it...obviously the market for music is good.

Anyways this is all about speculation...we?ll see what happens with the so-called ROW tour...if there will be one.

Just my R$ 0,05 (or your US$ 0,02).

[This message has been edited by follower (edited 01-07-2002).]

Zooropa and Lovetown are exceptions. But those two tours come the closest to what U2 are doing now as far as putting out and album and touring again.

Maybe the album will not be done. But apparantly they have about half of it or more in the can already. It is very feasible if this is the case that the album will be done by June. They created an entire album with Zooropa in a 6 month time frame. You may not like Zooropa but it did show that they can make an album in that time frame.

Are we really going to get into a debate over the semantics between two and a few??? I will revise my statement. I can almost guarantee you that the tour this summer will be at least a month if not longer. That is more than a few no matter what. It would not be worth their while to mount a tour and only tour for 2 or 3 weeks. The logistics of putting together a stadium show and re-assembling the touring staff would not be worth it to tour for such a short period of time.

Going back to the exceptions thing. You are right, they are exceptions. Which market got those exceptions both times??? Europe!

Maybe the album will not be done. But apparantly they have about half of it or more in the can already. It is very feasible if this is the case that the album will be done by June. They created an entire album with Zooropa in a 6 month time frame. You may not like Zooropa but it did show that they can make an album in that time frame.

What i wonder about the new album is:
a) how many songs are finished? (no info about it yet, as far as i know)
b) how many ATYCLB leftovers will it include? and how many new songs?
c)also, does "finished" include all the production too? i doubt it this early in recording process.

If many songs are finished, maybe they'll consider playing them live. Same goes for any ATYCLB leftovers.

I don't like Zooropa. U2's albums tend to take longer than that, and they're worth the wait.

Exceptions still don't change the fact US is spoiled.

If the U.S. is spoiled (which compared to Australia, S. America and Japan we are) than Europe is just as spoiled if not more so. I guess I would have to ask what is your point? My point is that the U.S. is spoiled but so is Europe and in many ways Europe is more spoiled.

If the U.S. is spoiled (which compared to Australia, S. America and Japan we are) than Europe is just as spoiled if not more so. I guess I would have to ask what is your point? My point is that the U.S. is spoiled but so is Europe and in many ways Europe is more spoiled.

My point is US is more spoiled.
Getting to see the band first and more shows outweighs the possibility of hearing any new songs on tour.
(as those are usually quite rough and raw, need more work - example We love you on this tour.)

What's so spoiling about U2 playing new songs on tour in their native continent anyway? It's not our fault they didn't do it in US.
(they only did it with Zooropa, and only because they happened to record an album between the Zoo TV tour)

We Love You was played off the cuff with little to no rehearsal. So I wouldnt use that as an example. That is definately an exception as you put because U2 have only played a rough demo a couple of times before and that was back in 1981.

As far as getting them first being better. As you said previously that is a matter of taste and I disagree completely. Listen to a recording of the first show of almost any tour and compare it to a recording of the first show of the Euro portion of that tour. You will find that it is like night and day for almost every tour. Having seen shows on several tours near the beginning and seeing shows later on the same tour I can say from personal experience that almost all of the later shows were better. Most of the U2 fans I know would take variety and a well rehearsed U2 over the little variety, Bono forgetting words, and the band missing their ques which normally goes with getting to see them first. Per capita Europe gets just as many shows as the U.S. if not more. So I still dont understand your theory.

OK, we're spoiled in the USA, blame it on U2 for loving us so much.
tongue.gif

Olive, sorry your post turn into an America bashing thread atfer all.
frown.gif

Why is so bad to want to see you favorite band again? Why is even worse to say it out loud?
Peace and U2 to everyone!

I really dont think hoping U2 comes back in 2003 is whining either. I dont know why that is construed as whining. Anyway, this thread is going nowhere fast.

There's a difference between hoping they come back and saying "maybe they won't come" even before the new album's finished and way before any dates of the tour for the new album are given.

What's more, Elevation tour only ended last month and the band has only been recording for a few weeks now.

That's whining IMO, U2 will not skip US as long as they are touring-it's too important for them. It makes about the same sense as the whole "setlist is no good" thing back in leg 1 of the tour.

And why predict the future on something that happened 10 years ago? (Zoo tv - Zoomerang tour)

I get edgy about it because there are people on this board who haven't seen U2 yet, EVER, not just Elevation - and i don't hear them complain.
I think you'll agree they would be entitled seeing U2 more than US or Europe.
(by the way, being European doesn't guarantee you'll see U2 live-as long as your country is big enough, you have a chance)

End of discussion. If you have anything else on this topic, my email is msvagelj@yahoo.co.uk

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 01-08-2002).]

Wow, I would hate to see what your definition of fighting is then!
wink.gif

The last I checked this is a U2 discussion board. Why discuss theories and their touring history?? Because it is fun to speculate. I think people lose sight of that alot on this board (myself included). This is suppose to be fun after all. I think we take it to seriously sometimes.

[This message has been edited by Blue Room (edited 01-08-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom