Maybe Old News, But Songs U2rGonna Play4Superbowl+some tour news

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lazyboy

War Child
In Sunday World today,
an "EXCLUSIVE!", which usually means as exclusive as shitty Irish boybands shitty songs, not very, but anyyyyyyyway, they say they are playing Elevation followed by Streets at half time, and they're gonna be joined by some firemen from NY and also gonna have all the names of the victims projected on the screen. Sounds sweet, lucky yanks
tongue.gif

In the EXCLUSIVE they also pointed out how U2 are very very unlikely to include Ireland and the UK in next summer's Euro tour, concentrating on Spain and France.

We got 2 Slanes, I am well satisfied, but I WANT MOOOOOOOOORE!!!!
biggrin.gif

I think the UK got enough, something like 10 shows there. So that might be true. Italy deserves another one too.

noooooooo its so unfair i only got ONE slane show, they should come back to ireland i mean england got 10 shows and we got 2 and it was orginally only one, i say they should play @ croke park for 5 nights, that would keep me happy
biggrin.gif

------------------
And if you look, you look through me.

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
E nell'amore non so pi sperare
E quell'amore non so pi aspettare
miss_smith@emailaccount.com e-mail me :)
The perpetually handsome Mullen appears to have stopped ageing around the time of The Joshua Tree.
"It doesn't matter what songs we sing.
I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me." -Larry
Larry likes to play drums." - Bono
"Larry's always been noticed cos he's the pretty one." - Adam
"Bono, if you still haven't found what you're looking for, look behind the drumkit." - Boy George
A man so handsome, he will never be let sing in this group!"
-Bono, introducing Larry at Irving Plaza, NYC 2000

Hehe, you're dead right, lets be greedy, they ARE OUR BAND!!
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
Yeah, 5 in Croker, followed by 10 in the Point, followed by 1 big ass 1 in Phoenix Park to round things off!
smile.gif

Optimistic?? I think NOT!
tongue.gif

Originally posted by lazyboy:
Hehe, you're dead right, lets be greedy, they ARE OUR BAND!!
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
Yeah, 5 in Croker, followed by 10 in the Point, followed by 1 big ass 1 in Phoenix Park to round things off!
smile.gif

Optimistic?? I think NOT!
tongue.gif

Definately not!

I say a week in each place is only fair also if they travelled up north-botanic and the odyssey for a week at each place-share the u2 love around, we want OUR band back
tongue.gif
, and i was in dublin this week and my mum has saw bono before (she always sees famous ppl)and this guy who works in a record shop who "knows" u2 saw edge walking up grafton street the day before we got to dublin its soooo unfair, i wanna meet them
smile.gif

------------------

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
The perpetually handsome Mullen appears to have stopped ageing around the time of The Joshua Tree.
"Bono, if you still haven't found what you're looking for, look behind the drumkit." - Boy George

..they should get their asses to South America and Australia first..

They better tour the U.S. next summer! We got jipped this year!

------------------
"YOU CAN'T HURT ME! NOT WITH MY CHEESE HELMET!"

Originally posted by mikal:
They better tour the U.S. next summer! We got jipped this year!

That is a joke, surely.

------------------
"...and then Dinnsdale really got angry, and he nailed my head to the floor."

"He nailed your head to the floor?"

"At first, yeah."

OMIGOD you guys all crack me up!

10 @ the Point... ahhhh the dreams we come up with! lol

they should tour an equal amount in every country then nobody could complain
smile.gif
well no i lie they should throw in an extra concert at croke park for good measure
biggrin.gif

------------------

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare

Originally posted by bono-vox:
they should tour an equal amount in every country then nobody could complain
smile.gif
well no i lie they should throw in an extra concert at croke park for good measure
biggrin.gif

You meant county right??
tongue.gif
I'd love to see em play a gig in each county in Ireland
biggrin.gif

im still waiting for u2 to do phoneix park in dublin.nows their perfect chance.
i cant see them skipping ireland and the uk in the summer-just cant see it happening.

In Sunday World today,
an "EXCLUSIVE!", which usually means as exclusive as shitty Irish boybands shitty songs, not very, but anyyyyyyyway, they say they are playing Elevation followed by Streets at half time, and they're gonna be joined by some firemen from NY and also gonna have all the names of the victims projected on the screen. Sounds sweet, lucky yanks
tongue.gif

In the EXCLUSIVE they also pointed out how U2 are very very unlikely to include Ireland and the UK in next summer's Euro tour, concentrating on Spain and France.

We got 2 Slanes, I am well satisfied, but I WANT MOOOOOOOOORE!!!!
biggrin.gif

I think the UK got enough, something like 10 shows there. So that might be true. Italy deserves another one too.

i don't know about ireland, but i know for sure that there will be at least one date in the UK. so don't fret lazyboy- you won't have to travel too far to see the boys.
smile.gif

Well Bono rang me up two days ago to confirm hes playin round at my house in April, so ur all free to come and hang out (literally the windows et al)
biggrin.gif

no I agree with Bono-vox - Botanic def.........even those who didnt like U2 went to see them when POP played there, why?

Frucking great atmosphere!!!!!!

and besides Ulster is slooooooowly but surely gettin more and more events, bloody DJs playing tonight at City Hall, its time, we need more, our city lacks.......
frown.gif

Originally posted by mad1:
Well Bono rang me up two days ago to confirm hes playin round at my house in April, so ur all free to come and hang out (literally the windows et al)
biggrin.gif

no I agree with Bono-vox - Botanic def.........even those who didnt like U2 went to see them when POP played there, why?

Frucking great atmosphere!!!!!!

and besides Ulster is slooooooowly but surely gettin more and more events, bloody DJs playing tonight at City Hall, its time, we need more, our city lacks.......
frown.gif

I didnt get to see Popmart....i was "too young"....soooo unfair...they have to come back here, maddie can i be the guest of honour at the concert in ur abode
biggrin.gif

------------------

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare

In Sunday World today... they say [U2] are playing Elevation followed by Streets at half time, and they're gonna be joined by some firemen from NY and also gonna have all the names of the victims projected on the screen. Sounds sweet, lucky yanks
tongue.gif

Okay, I'm probably going to get skewered for saying this, but I think the firemen on stage thing is pretty much played out. Lettermen and Leno, Major League Baseball, the National Football League and yes, even U2 have all had the firemen and women as guests. It's to the point where it's become obligatory, a gimmick.

The "strong" rumour is that they will play Hyde Park in London - where the Stones played a famous gig in front of 250,000 people all those years ago - althogh safety restrictions/considerations would mean much less for a concert at this venue these days.

Mike

ok, now I am almost convinced that it was and is Dallas Schoo that has been emailing me!!! I was a bit skeptical, but now, I am convinced!

See, about a month ago, he told me in a email that they would be playing Elevation and Streets!!!!

wow wow wow!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom