May I ask for a book rec?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sherry Darling

New Yorker
Hello! I'm Sherry Darlin and I hide mostly in PLEBA but I lurk a lot here. Anyway, I am wondering what you all think is the best book on U2's/Bono's spirituality. I've heard several titles and I've only read "the bible" up to now. What one would you recommend?

Thank you so much!

Cheryl/Sherry Darlin

------------------
You don't have to be Henry Kissenger to figure out that a more prosperous world is a more secure world; a more educated world is a more tolerant world; and a more healthy world is a more stable world, and I think that would be a fitting memorial to those who lost their lives on Sept. 11th. ~Bono on Leno, Thanksgiving 2001

Originally posted by Sherry Darling:
Hello! I'm Sherry Darlin and I hide mostly in PLEBA but I lurk a lot here. Anyway, I am wondering what you all think is the best book on U2's/Bono's spirituality.

I'd recommend _Walk On: the Spiritual Journey of U2_ by Steve Stockman. There is a forum here called The Goal is Soul which began with the idea of discussing this book.

I started reading "Walk On" but I haven't finished it yet because I got sidetracked. So you think it's worth a read then?

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

Originally posted by wertsie:
I started reading "Walk On" but I haven't finished it yet because I got sidetracked. So you think it's worth a read then?

Well....I don't think it's fabulously insightful or anything, and it just draws from a lot of previously published interviews. It also way overemphasizes Bono, almost as if he were the only believer in the band.

But in terms of one-stop shopping for gathered info on U2's spiritual background, it's worth it, I think.

It's not really groundbreaking or terribly insightful, but it's a quick and easy read, and it'll give you some information. I'm not Christian, so some of the information cleared up some questions for me, references in some songs and things like that.

------------------

She's a little lightheaded, so check on her in a few minutes -- my podiatrist, about me (again), 2-11-02

Hey guys, thank you!
smile.gif
I'll have to pick it up, it sounds like what I'm looking for. Appreciate it!

Cheryl

------------------
You don't have to be Henry Kissenger to figure out that a more prosperous world is a more secure world; a more educated world is a more tolerant world; and a more healthy world is a more stable world, and I think that would be a fitting memorial to those who lost their lives on Sept. 11th. ~Bono on Leno, Thanksgiving 2001

Back
Top Bottom