Maxim's 20 Most Annoying Songs Ever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:hug: Maxim :hug:

Fun article and atleast ´Wannabe´ is ranked higher on the list. And Paul´s christmas song is awful :barf:

I know they can, but it's a bit funny to say that at something that's not meant to be one of their best songs ever anyway.

U2girl said:

The funny thing here is the writers of this article took the whole song too seriously.

it's MAXIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for those who may not be aware, maxim is a men's magazine that's become incredibly popular over the past 5 years in america based on two things... 1) half naked hot chicks, and 2) sarcastic, wise-ass humor.

this was their "music" issue, thus why there was so many music references.

this is not a serious music magazine... IT IS A JOKE.

STOP OVER ANALYZING EVERYTHING JUST BECAUSE THEY FRIGGIN "INSULTED" U2. bahhh this drives me nuts.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

it's MAXIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for those who may not be aware, maxim is a men's magazine that's become incredibly popular over the past 5 years in america based on two things... 1) half naked hot chicks, and 2) sarcastic, wise-ass humor.

this was their "music" issue, thus why there was so many music references.

this is not a serious music magazine... IT IS A JOKE.

STOP OVER ANALYZING EVERYTHING JUST BECAUSE THEY FRIGGIN "INSULTED" U2. bahhh this drives me nuts.

The man speaks the truth.

And as far as I'm concerned, so does the article. They made JT and AB and Vertigo simply cannot stand up to any of it.

All the article is stating is that given the ridiculously (and admittedly, sometimes impossibly) high standards which U2 have created for themselves that they can do much better than a chorus that goes "Hello hello (hola)".

Headache in a Suitcase said:

17. I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)- The Proclaimers

Hey! I like that song! :mad:

(I don't want to hear it all day, but once in a while it's great :yes: )

* edited to add: I actually enjoy articles such as this far better than the ultra serious articles by people who think they know all about music. Now those are really annoying! :wink:

Last edited:
TTYW is one of the best lyrically written songs that U2 have done, a lot of symbolism in that song. Joshua Tree is the best lyrical album U2 has put out and Achtung Baby is the best musical album U2 has put out

namkcuR said:

What 'lots of crap' are you talking about on JT?!

Don't get me started as that's a whole new thread. But to name one example, the disaster "Trip through Your Wires" is abysmal - worst U2 song ever created, IMO (note those three little letters). Don't get me wrong, there are times when I'm in the mood for a little JT - especially "One Tree Hill", but often it's one of the last U2 albums I ever have a desire to endure all the way through. This was true in 1987 and it's still true now. :shrug:

Hollaback Girl is possibly the most annoying song ever, but only if we forget about Can't Get Out of My Head by Kylie.

And I always thought 'Boyos' was a thing you called Welsh people only, didn't realise it extented to the Irish too...... (although I suppose you could argue about Edge)

Joshua_Tree_Hugger said:
Funny about the champagne thing. Anyway, I think Vertigo is a very good tune. Sure it's not the best thing they've ever written or will write but it is that "catchy first single" and is better than the catchy first singles on the last two albums - Discotheque and Beautiful Day.

AND FINALLY, Vertigo x2 in Europe was awesome! Anyone who wasn't there can't comment.

There is no way Vertigo is better than Discotheque and/or BD but in the end it is a matter of taste/opinion. Too bad it does not matter what I think because I would retire Vertigo from the set list; there are too many fantastic songs the boys are not playing as usual!!!!

Back
Top Bottom