Man

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Will We Ever See An Album Entitled 'Man'?

• Yes.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • Yes, and it will be U2's final album.

Votes: 28 25.2%
  • Nope.

Votes: 77 69.4%

• Total voters

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
This was one of the proposed titles for Achtung Baby, intended to signify the change from pre-AB U2 to AB U2---the growth from 'Boy' to 'Man.' The band half-jokingly considered using the nude picture of Adam from the AB shoot as the cover. Obviously, the idea was ultimately scrapped.

My question is this: Do you think we'll ever see an album entitled 'Man'?

Last edited:
I remember the 'Man' title popping up in Pop interviews. Along with talk from Bono about how they all cut their hair and are men now...

and once again the Man title popped up in HTDAAB interviews... seems to be a recurring theme. whether they'll actually bite the bullet and name something that I don't know. If U2 ever decide to have a definitive "last" album then maybe they'll call it that (i dont think they'll ever officially make a last album though but thats an entire different discussion!)

I don't think any album will be titled that, but in like 10 or 15 years i bet they'll come out with some all-encompassing box set or greatest hits double cd and call it "From Boy to Man: The Best of U2 1980-2010"

Ifeelnumb84 said:
I don't think any album will be titled that, but in like 10 or 15 years i bet they'll come out with some all-encompassing box set or greatest hits double cd and call it "From Boy to Man: The Best of U2 1980-2010"

:drool: U2 box set :drool:

I would :combust: if they really did that!

digsy said:
... If U2 ever decide to have a definitive "last" album then maybe they'll call it that (i dont think they'll ever officially make a last album though but thats an entire different discussion!)

Yeh, but a good discussion :)

Their last album should be called "Thanks for giving us a great life".

Getting back to the 'Man' in question, no.
'Men' - possibly!
But a box set called 'Boy to Men' would remind me of a really, really, really crapppy boy band from the 90s(?) ;)

On the plus side, though, it's only three letters long, finally, goddammit.

typhoon said:

:lmao:

Did you hear that the acronym for the 2007 album is going to be "BTFMALTMC?"
:wink:

typhoon said:

No shit! :lmao:

I don't think it'll happen. Too corny! But that box set title that ifeelnumb posted... :drool: :drool: :drool:

I posted a thread about this in WTAHNN all for the idea, but I'm kinda against it now because it just sounds corny. Still, I think it would be very fitting, but I prefer that box set idea, from Boy to Man. Maybe they could release a box set of DVD's. One from each tour. Imagine that. Boy, October, War, Unforgettable Fire, Joshua Tree, Lovetown, ZooTV, Popmart, Elevation, Vertigo...that would be cool.

I like the idea of the whole "boy to man" thing. But it just seems a little cliche and corny if they named their final album Man. Plus what if they decide to do a lame comeback album and tour again like the 'Bones'. They'll have used the gimmick. :wink:

COBL_04 said:
I posted a thread about this in WTAHNN all for the idea, but I'm kinda against it now because it just sounds corny. Still, I think it would be very fitting, but I prefer that box set idea, from Boy to Man. Maybe they could release a box set of DVD's. One from each tour. Imagine that. Boy, October, War, Unforgettable Fire, Joshua Tree, Lovetown, ZooTV, Popmart, Elevation, Vertigo...that would be cool.

:drool: that would be fantastic. but I don't think they have officially filmed shows from every tour? I mean I know they film every show (though I don't know how long they've been doing [that) for reference, but they're not professionally done. Like, they don't have a million cameras set up like an actual shoot. So I dunno if we'd get DVDs from the early tours.

Man...eh. I'm undecided on it. I think it's kinda corny maybe, but as typhoon said, it is only three letters. I think it would depend on how good the actual album is as to whether or not the title would fit. I don't think it should necessarily be outruled forever, but I'm not really for it.

I voted yes. If they do, I'd like them to find the boy (Peter Rowan) used in the original album cover for 'Boy' and get a photo of him as a man and put it on the cover.

0000022526.jpg

cypress said:
I voted yes. If they do, I'd like them to find the boy (Peter Rowan) used in the original album cover for 'Boy' and get a photo of him as a man and put it on the cover.

0000022526.jpg

:hmm: That's a very creative idea, one that almost lifts the 'Man' title out of corniness! I have a feeling, however, that it will be something more unpredictable.

cypress said:

0000022526.jpg

This would be it (though I don't know how long ago this was taken)----Grown-up Peter Rowan:

peter7.jpg

catlhere said:
I like the idea of the whole "boy to man" thing. But it just seems a little cliche and corny if they named their final album Man. Plus what if they decide to do a lame comeback album and tour again like the 'Bones'. They'll have used the gimmick. :wink:

lol. maybe they could call it "corpse"? wonder what the album cover would look like . . .

Don't think it's corny, but I do think it's too final. They won't give this title to an album. But I think they have already addressed this in song - Kite.

Back
Top Bottom