Making U2 CD for Mom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

R8drgurl

The Fly
OK, so mom is finally getting into the frenzy (after 20 years) and wants me to burn a CD of U2 songs I think she would like. She was watching MTV and really liked this 'new black and white video with a guy in a hood.' I said 'Mom that was Bono.' So now SYCMIOYO is her new favorite song. Though she calls it 'You Shouldn't Make It on Your Own.'

She grew up loving Motown, so she's not much of a rock n' roll fan but I think she would like some of the slower songs.

Any suggestions??

Well my mom has always loved I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, I might put that on there.

also really responded to RTSS from the ZOOTV Sydney Video...not that she's addicted to smack or anything

My mom really likes 'A Man And A Woman' and was really bummed when it wasn't played at the concert we attended! That song also has a bit of a 'Motown' feel to it.

-Miggy D

I'd say add Beautiful Day, Mysterious Ways, Angel of Harlem, With or Without You, Still Havent Found and maybe Walk On.

my mom likes 'streets with no name'.
But her favorite u2 song is So Cruel

Here's the tracklist I did for my old man's gf....

I Still havent found what i'm looking for
A man and A woman
Slow Dancing (W.Nelson version)
All I want is You
In a little While
Miss Sarajevo
One
Satellite of Love
Stay
Kite
Never let me Go
Unchained Melody
Your Blue Room
If you wear that velvet dress (w/Jools Holland)
I've Got u under my skin
Heartland....
:drool:

Aardvark747 said:
Here's the tracklist I did for my old man's gf....

I Still havent found what i'm looking for
A man and A woman
Slow Dancing (W.Nelson version)
All I want is You
In a little While
Miss Sarajevo
One
Satellite of Love
Stay
Kite
Never let me Go
Unchained Melody
Your Blue Room
If you wear that velvet dress (w/Jools Holland)
I've Got u under my skin
Heartland....
:drool:

Congrats to your old man, still kicking it hot:rockon:

Ok that was a poor excuse for this :rockon: to appear in this thread and shit I've to develop some photos now:|

i wish my mom cared :sad:

she just thinks i'm weird and calls Bono "that guy with the nose"

My dad lover Vertigo though and has taken a bit of a shine to HTDAAB although he also thinks my fandom and collecting is weird

they were undersanding and supportive enough to buy me the best of 90-00 7" box set for my birthday/christmas last year and my mom works in a book store and gets me all the books at discount as they come out.

she wouldnt listen to U2 if i paid her though... :(

My mom is a huge fan...she's coming with me to Chicago. :) Her favorite song (that I know of) is With or Without You, but she also really likes Stuck in a Moment.

My mother loves Mysterious Ways - whenever I put on a U2 DVD in her presence and ask her if there's any track she wants to hear, she routinely picks Mysterious Ways. She often borrows The Joshua Tree for the opening three or Achtung Baby for Mysterious Ways, I've caught her playing Boy too, and I think she's taken quite a shine to both Vertigo and A Man And A Woman.

Stuck in a moment and In a little while might appeal to her if she likes Motown.

My mother loves "Where The Streets Have No Name", but when I put it on a few months ago, she said "Oh I love that song, I haven't heard it in awhile. What's that song called again, The Streets of Desire?" :lol:

awww...what a thread. My Mom died in 86, but she liked U2. She bought my ticket to my first show, and one day I came home from school to find the "U2 -- band of the eighties" Rolling Stone issue laying on my pillow.

I suggest "Sweetest Thing" for your compilation. The original version.

Mum's I know like Stuck In A Moment alot. When they think U2, it's always the song that comes to mind. It's true with quite a few of them, actually.

Beautiful Day
A Man And A Woman
Unchained Melody
Mysterious Ways
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Walk On
With Or Without You
One
Bad
Original Of The Species
In A Little While
Stuck In A Moment
and on the really mellow side...
Drowning Man
Running To Stand Still
Love Is Blindness
I don't know...maybe I don't know what to suggest - I'd have to know your Mom - her musical tastes etc.
Try what feels right.

Last edited:
Great suggestions, so here's what I have so far. I suck at song order so anyone have a better flow??

SYCMIOYO
One
Pride
With or Without You
Beautiful Day
ISHFWILF
Bad
All I Want Is You
A Man and a Woman
Walk On
Miss Sarajevo
Sweetest Thing
In A Little While
Stuck in a Moment
Original of the Species
Mysterious Ways
Streets
Peace on Earth

my mother enjoys most of u2, but she went mad with that version of one with the orchestra at the pavarotti concert in 1995. she bought the cd of the concert and used to listen to that track all the day.

Back
Top Bottom