Magnificent Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Remixes?! This song in no way needs to be remixed...

It is the best U2 song I think I have ever heard,not that many lyrics,but it is going to be overly repeated by me.

Remixes?! This song in no way needs to be remixed...

It is the best U2 song I think I have ever heard,not that many lyrics,but it is going to be overly repeated by me.

yes sure. I love it.. but I am curious to see what kind of different versions could be done with it (like william orbit mix of electrical storm). Not like dance-remix of course.

Add one more to the group of those that become oddly emotional during this song.

Any song that can do that to this cold, cynical heart must be pretty special.

Aw Bram....your heart isn't that cold....just slightly chilled :wink:

Yeah add another to that list. This one and MOS seem to be oddly and scarily too similar to my own life. UGH! :ohmy:

Magnificent! :applaud:

If this isn't easily the best song on the album, you are smoking something. Certainly the best non-ballad. I'm so proud of the band for embracing their U2ness so fully and without shame or reservation.

I love the way the beginning misleads as to suggest something other...and then Edge and Bono deliver the knockout sound.

It just builds beautifully...beautifully...and has that signature U2 chiming guitar and urgency to it.

The lyrics are gorgeous and gut wrenchingly honest, especially if you have ever been truly in love. "Only love can leave such a mark"

I feel that Magnificent is the song that U2 always had in them but it took them decades to write.

I hope this song gets some serious love both live and as a single.

Go U2!!!!!

Magnificent! :applaud:

If this isn't easily the best song on the album, you are smoking something. Certainly the best non-ballad. I'm so proud of the band for embracing their U2ness so fully and without shame or reservation.

I love the way the beginning misleads as to suggest something other...and then Edge and Bono deliver the knockout sound.

It just builds beautifully...beautifully...and has that signature U2 chiming guitar and urgency to it.

The lyrics are gorgeous and gut wrenchingly honest, especially if you have ever been truly in love. "Only love can leave such a mark"

I feel that Magnificent is the song that U2 always had in them but it took them decades to write.

I hope this song gets some serious love both live and as a single.

Go U2!!!!!

Ditto!!!!! :up: :drool:

Never has a U2 song touched me so deeply as this one. I mean, yes, U2 does an amazing job at portraying a certain emotion and taking you to a place that only U2 can take you. They do it so often. Many of their songs just get me "right there". But it's just something about this song that has me on the verge of tears! :sad: It's an UNBELIEVABLE track!

I knew some how this song would be their best for this album :applaud:But so many other great songs too !

Yeah the lyrics are in Its a Musical Journey forum, I'm tired of posting the link sorry :lol:

Just remembered Edge's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame comment about U2 being "supersonic gospel."

It's never fit their work better than it fits NLOTH.

Such an all encompassing track, the melody runs over you like a wave of emotion!!

Hey guys, it's ok to make more of these, don't avoid what you guys do best, but I love the experimentation as well!

Magnificent most EPIC song since..........

............Until the end of the world.

This song has the epic grandiose feel that is kind of the centerpiece or essence of a U2 show. Much like the Until the end of the world to New Years day part of Zoo Tv tour.

Gone which is awesome comes close to being their last epic song. I do not count anything from their last 2 efforts. Beautiful day, sometimes, stuck, miracle drug were nice but not in that scale.

I dont know why I cant get into this song...the beach clip still sounds more epic than the final product. Judging from the beach clip they did major changing of the lyrics, larrys drums and fractioned Eno's ambience.

Once again, sorry to those of you who have time to read every post, but I'm apologizing early if this has already been discussed. . .

What's going on at the 4:00+ mark, is that Bono fading to Edge's guitar? His guitar sounds awesomely (must be a Bushism, even though I'm an Obama-ite) like Bono's falsetto which is what really intrigues me every time I hear it. My take is it's all Edge or is it Bono fading to Edge (guitar). Either way, I love it but my hearing isn't the greatest and would love another opinion or some confirmation. I know it's Bono around 3:57 than fades then the solo?

Zooropa is awesome:drool:. But I think that song is more of a "lets sit down and listen to genius" type of Pink Floyd epic than the "get up and dance" type of epic like NYD or UTEOTW.

This and Moment of Surrender actually make me teary eyed when I hear them. They are so brilliant. :sad::heart:

Back
Top Bottom