Madelyiniris cover of Drowning Man

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

follower

Refugee
I only recently got this beautiful cover of Drowning Man, I know it?s not new stuff, but I haven?t listened to it before. I have been really into it, listening to this cover several times a day. I remember that the author of this cover used to post here a year back or so, if he/she?s still around I would like to say congrats, very nice work.
With that said, I would like to know if any of you could direct me to a transcript of the poem that Bono recites in the beginning of this cover. I can understand bits of it, but not the whole poem. Thanks in advance.

MT

I did never know where that cover came from....didn't know any band or anything who did a cover of DM......it always irritated me, but it's really good :up:

Seeing as how (I think his name is Mark) "Madelyn Iris" had not replied, allow me.

Poem

FYI - the Poem is not part of the song that MI did. It was added for a version of the song that was on a Brazilian compilation (title unknown to this poster). This is what I was told by Mark. :)

Thank you Tip Top Prince for helping out. That explains why the CD-R I got presents the poem in the beginning of the song (see follower?s from;))

I didn?t know anything about the poem and I would like to bring it to my english class this week, a listening activity. :up:

Edited to add: people should look for this cover, it?s definitely special. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom