Lyrics Lyrics Lyrics....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am amazed at some of the people here still saying everything that U2 do is ok by me. In the past they would never ever have done something like this. To get everything lyrics album cover the booklet DVD etc you have to buy 2 different versions of the same album. If your a fan of the band and you buy everything they do like me you tend to buy it. This is called exploiting the people that put you where you are in the first place. They never ever did this in the past. They have lost it big time on this release and not just because of the standard of music. Also I have had my deluxe set on order for the past two months and assumed that it would include everything. I am one big sucker who will now buy the normal cd version to have the complete set.

rjhbonovox said:
I am amazed at some of the people here still saying everything that U2 do is ok by me.

ooh! i knew that argument was coming! :laugh:

now get prepared for negative things to say about U2's SNL performance tonight. you only have about 6 hours!:wink:

Last edited:
I can see where some people are coming from, but that's what collectors edition come with a lot of times, special packaging and no real cd case. Like some mentioned before, Radiohead had one and they had no lyrics in their "special" edition. It doesnt bother me because the whole time I've been saying I'm going to get both the regular edition and collectors.

you know what rjhbonovox, you were exactly right when you said it. You ARE a sucker. In this day and age you SHOULD expect stuff like this. You want everything in one nice package, but that's never how it's done anymore and you should know that by now.

I don't even want to get started on how it's the record company's final decision anyway.:rolleyes:

Nah don't give me that record companies bollox. U2 in the past always made sure the fans wasn't ripped off like this. Remember when they put out Under A blood red sky album (or maybe you don't) U2 made sure that it was a low priced mini album, not a full priced album. Bono has gone on record in the past saying that he don't mind bootlegs as long as somebody is not copying to order, or bootlegs of concerts as long as the fans are not paying and getting ripped off. Well this is a rip-off. After following the band for nearly 22 years this is the first time I have genuinely felt pissed off at the format of the album release. It is some deluxe set that hasn't even got a CD case, cd booklet with lyrics, the official album cover and so on. Oh hang on yeah in its place we have the official Declaration of Human rights over 3 pages excellent. Always wanted that! U2 are fast disapearing up there own arses and taking the piss out of their long term fans!

For the whingers:

Maybe use your imagination and buy the vinyl copy.

It has a VERY LARGE picture of the cover.

And it has lyrics

And in about 10-15 years will be worth slightly more $ as a new generation begins to collect U2 material.

:wink:

brownda7 said:
For the whingers:

Maybe use your imagination and buy the vinyl copy.

It has a VERY LARGE picture of the cover.

And it has lyrics

And in about 10-15 years will be worth slightly more $ as a new generation begins to collect U2 material.

:wink:

you are my new favorite person. :wink:

But really, bringing up Under A Blood Red Sky....you don't think it's unfair that they have still never released the full concert in any format? First they release a measely 8 song recording from it. And Wow, they didn't charge it as a full album, no shit. But then they release the Under a Blood Red Sky video which many thought would finally give us the entire performance, but wait, nope, not nearly. So now anyone who wants the real thing has to resort to bootlegs anyway.

For you to call the HTDAAB deluxe edition a bigger rip off then the whole UABRS fiasco then you are just looking for something to bitch about. Get over it.

Alright I have had enough bitching. I have just been watching the DVD and thought that was pretty cool. So I'm just off to order a standard edition CD so I can have the booklet. The normal standard edition has lyrics and the album artwork hopefully so I will have 2 cd's of the same music but thats the way it is. Anyway thats that. Sorry if I upset anyone.

I just think that it's pretty pointless getting upset about something that is just pretty standard these days in the music business. I mean, it's unfortunate that it works this way. It just does.

salim117 said:

Are you kidding me?! Give me a brake with your first-world guilt trip! I grew up in a third world country and when I spend my hard earned money on a top of the line model I expect it to come with ALL the amenities of the lesser versions plus more!

Stop obsessing about yourself for a change.

salim117 said:

Are you kidding me?! Give me a brake with your first-world guilt trip! I grew up in a third world country and when I spend my hard earned money on a top of the line model I expect it to come with ALL the amenities of the lesser versions plus more!

Do you want cheese to go with that whine?

:laugh:

alright. i think this thread has run its course. i have no problem with someone being angry about the omission of the lyrics, but when they complain in a condescending way to those who are positive about the album, that's what i don't care for.

earlier this year, i was one of the members who voiced my displeasure about how long it was taking to release the album. but i never once disrespected someone who felt differently. the only problem i had was when a small group of people suggested that we didn't have a right to be angry. and that's how i feel now, not having any displeasure about the new album. everytime i try to voice a positive point of view on what someone feels displeasure about, i get the same, "oh you're one of those fans" insult, and i don't appreciate it.

anyway, all forgiven, and i apologize for getting a little cocky, but that's just how i work.:wink:

Well I've ordered the cd/dvd/book version online because I wasn't sure if I could find it in stores.

I've been planning all along to go to a midnight release and just buy the regular version of the album. The regular version will go with my cds and the deluxe will go with my U2 collection.

It doesn't really bother me that the deluxe doesn't have lyrics, but I guess that's also because it doesn't bother me to buy 2 versions of the album.

wolf Q said:
It doesn't really bother me that the deluxe doesn't have lyrics, but I guess that's also because it doesn't bother me to buy 2 versions of the album.

You've said it all with that.

Back
Top Bottom