Luciano Pavarotti Has Passed Away

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As soon as I heard the news I went and played Miss Sarajevo. I'm sure Luciano Pavarotti will be missed and fondly remembered by all who knew him.

His musical talent, his voice and his way of singing – from shimmering near silence to full volume – can never be replaced. Neither his charisma, his humour on stage and during soundchecks. He has been the singer of our times, has tried to cross over from Opera ("classic music") to Pop ("entertainment"), has managed to get inspired by this and to inspire audiences & other artists to follow his path.
Now Luciano Pavarotti has passed away after living a life full of success and a long time of suffering. The world is a colder now for everybody, who misses him. My thoughts go to his family and his close friends.
And I will always remember his concerts, I was able to attend, as some of the greatest moments in the life of mine and my familiy's.

Take these lines as a prayer:

Is there a time for keeping your distance
A time to turn your eyes away
Is there a time for keeping your head down
For getting on with your day
Is there a time for kohl and lipstick
A time for cutting hair
Is there a time for high street shopping
To find the right dress to wear

Here she comes
Heads turn around
Here she comes
To take her crown

Is there a time to run for cover
A time for kiss and tell
Is there a time for different colours
Different names you find it hard to spell

Is there a time for first communion
A time for East 17
Is there a time to turn to Mecca
Is there time to be a beauty queen

Here she comes
Beauty plays the clown
Here she comes
Surreal in her crown
Dici che il fiume
rova la via al mare
E come il fiume
Giungerai a me
Oltre i confini
E le terre assetate
Dici che come fiume
Come fiume...
L'amore giunger
L'amore...
E non so pi¨ pregare
E nell'amore non so pi¨ sperare
E quell'amore non so pi¨ aspettare

It's said that a river
Finds the way to the sea
And like the river
You shall come to me
Beyond the borders
And the thirsty lands
You say that as a river
Like a river...
Love shall come
Love...
And I'm not able to pray anymore
And I cannot hope in love anymore
And I cannot wait for love anymore

Is there a time for tying ribbons
A time for Christmas trees
Is there a time for laying tables
And the night is set to freeze

Said a prayer 4 him when I went 2 sleep last night....

He's singing w/ the angels now...

C U when I get there.....

Pancreatic cancer is the worst form of cancer and possibly the worst news a person can receive. It has taken the lives of such talents as Michael Landon ("Bonanza", "Little House on the Prairie" and "Highway to Heaven"), Elizabeth Montgomery ("Bewitched") and now Pavarotti.

Bono's tribute (shown on the front page) is, as usual, beautifully worded. And while we new the Maestro was ill, we all hoped for a miracle. Sadly, on was not meant to come. Still, the real miracle was the man himself - one who taught several generations what it means to sing; one who brought opera to the masses; one who made singing in a tuxedo "cool". Heaven is now enjoying what we have adored for decades.

Note: some now say Montgomery passed of colon cancer, but this was not the news heard at the time of her death. Regardless, cancer claimed yet another amazing talent and is an area we humans desperately need to better understand.

Last edited:
I was only listening to Miss Sarajevo on Tuesday when we was driving.
Hadn't heard it in a while before then.

RIP Maestro

RIP

I'm sure there's a lot more to Pavarotti than Miss Sarajevo but that song is just beyond gorgeous! :heart:

Back
Top Bottom