LP13 There is no album - only lies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of miss ole Drunken McGuinness

I asked him to get the band to play a show in my hometown and 8 years later he delivered.

Also, we got high together backstage. Great guy! :up:

Wouldn't it make more sense to book 3-4 nights at an outdoor place like Croke (for example) and sell the same amount of tickets rather than book a week or more in a smaller indoor arena?

Yes, it would make more sense. But that also would have made more sense than Elevation's European arena leg.

Also, if the UK February thing is true, that's good news. It fits the idea of June release-Fall North America tour-Christmas break-early 2015 European tour. But more importantly, it does not fit the pattern that the band have followed in the past with Fall releases. After Fall releases, tours have generally started in March/April, and in North America.

They already topped HTDAAB with NLOTH, although it's never hard to top HTDAAB.

Apart from ATYCLB, literally every U2 album tops HTDAAB.

My fridge's humming sometimes tops HTDAAB.

I'm always jealous of people who haven't yet dived into U2's full discography. There are 11 other albums waiting for you buddy.

I've been a U2 fan since 1987 and seen the band dozens of times. HTDAAB is without a doubt their greatest album. Better than Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby!
It also has won more grammy awards than any other album in the history of music with 9 awards and sold over 10 million copies worldwide. So I'm far from alone in recognizing how awesome it is!

I've been a U2 fan since 1987 and seen the band dozens of times. HTDAAB is without a doubt their greatest album. Better than Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby!
It also has won more grammy awards than any other album in the history of music with 9 awards and sold over 10 million copies worldwide. So I'm far from alone in recognizing how awesome it is!

You're not very good at this and trying way too hard.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

I'm one of the few people on this board that likes Bomb. I definitely see it's shortcomings, but generally it's a good album; definitely not the best, but not the worst. Lots of good songs on there.

I think that Bomb is a solidly listenable album nowadays. Having a rip of the vinyl helps a lot, because the vinyl receive a much better mastering job than the CD. I can listen to the album versions of the songs that I like and not be angry about how they were destroyed now.

But U2's best? No. It's still towards the bottom of my ranking of U2 albums.

yeah, But I tought it could be august - UK , and then US , then stops, and starts again in Mexico/South America (Mexico/SA has been already rumored for first semester, like it was in 360 (april)...

yes but did you ever consider the distinct possibility that the album comes out in June, they tour arenas in the late summer / early autumn in the United States (you know, before the NBA/NHL seasons really get into gear), and then head to the rest of the world in early 2015?

HTDAAB is without a doubt their greatest album.

HTDAAB is without a doubt their worst album, if considered relative to what the band were capable of at the time.

But since you like to appeal to the masses with your sales arguments and awards talk (sounds an awful lot like Sting, to me) then you should be able to find someone around here that agrees that - "without a doubt" it's their greatest. Good luck with that.

HTDAAB is without a doubt their greatest album. Better than Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby!

00127k4w.gif

Although if this is sarcasm:

tumblr_n030i7yPe11qz8q0ho1_r1_500_zpsc9063603.gif

Bomb is an "Ok" album. But it was a big success because the success of "Vertigo" and the apple ad practically carried the whole album. All you need is ONE huge hit song and the album will do very well.

They just need a "Vertigo" or "Beautiful Day" massive hit and they're home-free

Look at what "Get Lucky" did to Daft Punk's RAM...

As much as I Like "Invisible", it is NOT that kind of hit. I'm sure there's a GEM on the album track list awaiting to be unleashed to the world as their first official single.

Last edited:
yes but did you ever consider the distinct possibility that the album comes out in June, they tour arenas in the late summer / early autumn in the United States (you know, before the NBA/NHL seasons really get into gear), and then head to the rest of the world in early 2015?

Actually no, the NBA/NHL thing NEVER crossed my mind :lol:

In my mind, they'd release *album 13* in june / then begins promo tour hype/ starts real tour in august (UK - arenas) and then US --- holidays break ---- begin world tour again.

I didn't even consider that they could "split" US and UK tours

Wow, a lot of negativity here for excellent work done by U2. I think Henry Rollins might be posting here.

I like HTDAAB more than a lot of people here, but there's no way it's even close to being their top album.

Wow, a lot of negativity here for excellent work done by U2. I think Henry Rollins might be posting here.

I wonder if you'd feel the same way about Bomb if in fact the Minnesota Vikings didn't give up on you.... I for one was a big fan!

I like HTDAAB more than a lot of people here, but there's no way it's even close to being their top album.

I think it is easily their best. Plus, Bono put it at #3 behind Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree in a Rolling Stone article.

The last two arena tours have started in North America.

Yes, but in Feb/March . That's why I tought this time could be UK first, only because of the time frame.

HTDAAB has a little bit of special meaning to me, because it was the first U2 album I really got into. The others I was a little too young (and too Britney Spears fan) to overreact.

I'm older an wiser now :reject:

The whole NBA/NHL thing doesn't really matter, they just bend around the existing schedule. Arena shows are mostly a colder season affair thing anyway, otherwise bands of that size are likely to play in amphitheaters or rarely stadiums. Vertigo started during those seasons, and picked up again during the height of the seasons on its fall-winter leg in NA.

sorry if this has been discussed in prior threads....but what does everyone think of Edge's comments about him being very busy this summer.

One way to interpret is that the album will have been finished and he'll be busy with promotional activities. Or the pessimistic outlook is that "busy" means busy still working on the album. The former seems a plausible scenario, meaning a May / June release is likely. I guess Bono's quote to Friedman might be more accurate than we think.

It's also clearly U2's most visual album, and you can almost see the colours, patterns and textures moving around you when you listen.

Play TUF+b-sides w/headphones on and you've got a sonic dream landscape of sublime perfection.

Wonderful description Nick:up:

I think I tried to say the same thing in a post last night lol

I think it is easily their best. Plus, Bono put it at #3 behind Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree in a Rolling Stone article.

Let me guess ... in an article that was published while they were out and about promoting that same album? Bono thinks every new album is the best they've ever done (at least when it's first out).

Because what else would he say? "Well, it's not as good as some of our other albums, but hey, it's still good!"

The last two arena tours have started in North America.

:up:

sorry if this has been discussed in prior threads....but what does everyone think of Edge's comments about him being very busy this summer.

One way to interpret is that the album will have been finished and he'll be busy with promotional activities. Or the pessimistic outlook is that "busy" means busy still working on the album. The former seems a plausible scenario, meaning a May / June release is likely. I guess Bono's quote to Friedman might be more accurate than we think.

"Busy" meaning a tour. I think we're closer to an album than anyone lets on. I don't buy this coy act one bit. Like I said earlier, there is no way they are this "clueless" about something supposedly coming out this year. Even if it IS June, there is most certainly a working/decided upon title, as well as a tour setup and probably dates being worked on. You know they don't just "throw together" something as massive as a U2 tour a few months in advance, right? I'm betting Willie Williams already has it built and designed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom