LP13 There is no album - only lies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It comes across like he wants to talk about Broken Bells instead of answering questions about U2, which he quite obviously isn't allowed to talk about anyway

I was thinking the same thing. :/

It's obvious. He's sick to death of the whole experience would be my analysis. This record was ready to go last year, but they aren't convinced anymore and are probably "UnDangerMousing" it.

Anyway, back to TUF, hearing everybody so eloquently talking about it has made me proud to be a fan. :up:

It's obvious. He's sick to death of the whole experience would be my analysis. This record was ready to go last year, but they aren't convinced anymore and are probably "UnDangerMousing" it.

I wouldnt overanalyze.. he's not the happiest guy in the world to begin with.. this is typically how he interviews

Nice to see that TUF is still receiving love this morning, great post Nick, it seems to me it was kinda something where all of the stars aligned perfectly, Slane, Eno/Lanois, post-War Bono and The Edge's up to that point seminal work.

:wave: Yeah I'm actually feeling a bit of the TUF love myself. I should dig out our copy.

Although I've been thinking about making a custom JT, something covering both discs of the remastered box set with some RH thrown in. :hmm:

I was listening to OL again this morning and feel like heading in a JT direction. :lol:
(GG and I made a lovely sidebar discussion in the PGP thread about OL and Invisible being comparable to JT and Achtung, respectively. Feel free to wander in there and give it a read.)

Nah, I'm still of the idea that whatever is going on is already done and Guy's got them all on gag-orders. DM obviously wants to promote himself (understandable), and can't talk about U2 anyways. Bono and Edge have both given interviews, but yet for an album that is slated for spring/summer, it's not even titled??? I call bullshit. They know more than they are saying. We knew NLOTH's title months in advance. We had possible track listings in late fall/early winter. Yeah, songs like Mercy and Every Breaking Wave didnt make the final cut, but we had NEWS.

This is the Guy Oseary era. And he is hell-bent on keeping a tight lid on an otherwise loose-lipped band. (Looking at YOU, Bono. :wink: )

I wouldnt overanalyze.. he's not the happiest guy in the world to begin with.. this is typically how he interviews

Oh is that right? I didn't know, also too maybe he's kinda getting sick of the U2 questions when his band has new material out.

Eno and Lanois famously get annoyed at U2's work habits, and those guys have a 30 year history and friendship with the band. And none of their records with U2 took this long. And most of those records were made when U2 were at the top of their game, and much more committed to being a "band" and the recording process then they apparently are now.

So, if Brian Eno and Daniel Lanois get annoyed, how do you guys think Brian Burton feels? I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's more than a little perturbed about the whole process and wondering if he made a mistake taking the gig. He really didn't need U2 on his CV. And let's face it, he's probably been "advised" to keep his mouth shut.

On the other hand, if he's annoyed with being asked about U2, tough for him...he's a big boy, and he should have known that was going to happen as soon as he got involved with them.

I'd be annoyed, too, if I just released a (great btw) album with another band and interviewers keep asking me about another project that hasn't been released yet. So I wouldn't over-analyze what BB is saying. He may be annoyed that U2 didn't release their album earlier or that they are still tinkering with it, maybe it has caused some trouble for his own schedule, who knows. But from all I've heard and read so far including Bono's interview and what Mercer said about the U2 record I don't think they are scrapping his work. There's no reason for that since Invisible is an amazing song and also very well-received. Also, the album wouldn't be coming in June if that was the case. And no, Lillywhite is NOT part of it, neither is Lanois. So I guess we'll get a Danger Mouse produced album with maybe some remixes from other producers. Sooner or later, when the album is released, I'm pretty sure Brian Burton will be talking about it. Right now his focus is on Broken Bells. And rightfully so, they have a very good album out.

well back in 2010 when bono said that the band was working with him he said the same thing he is now in interviews "I really can't talk about that" so my guess is that somebody whether it be the band, the mangement, or etc said don't give any details about the album.

well back in 2010 when bono said that the band was working with him he said the same thing he is now in interviews "I really can't talk about that" so my guess is that somebody whether it be the band, the mangement, or etc said don't give any details about the album.

Back in 2010... God, this album had taken forever.

Yeah. Bit of a joke it's taken this long. The band is so worried about hits. Can't blame them, they've taken their lumps with Pop and NLOTH.

Hopefully the band are seeing some of the good vibes from Invisible. I even heard it played in yoga yesterday. The instructor said he thought the song was amazing. I would consider him the type of audience U2 wants to reach out to (top40)

"YouTube did one of the first live streams from Pasadena -- U2 played the Rose Bowl -- we played to a 100,000 people and we gave it to YouTube to live stream. They got 10 million hits worldwide and the technology worked perfectly. None of us were quite sure how but it worked impeccably."

:lmao: That's because Edge ran the show. Him and that futuristic alien technology of his. :wink:

U2 have a new album in June, how are you going to feel when it comes out?
I'm be wishing them well and kind of lurking. I still talk to them every couple of days. I'll be lurking in the background ready to help if anyone wants.

No, please don't. Stay far, far away from it. :madwife:

Still think fall of this year. Gotten my hopes up too many times with this band.

Edge said his summer is booked. Does that mean a tour or back in the studio?

I'm leaning on an album release in the summer, tour to begin in the fall. That's just me, though that's what it's sounding like. :hmm:

I'm leaning on an album release in the summer, tour to begin in the fall. That's just me, though that's what it's sounding like. :hmm:

I'm thinking spring. Tour in Europe/S America in summer, with N America in fall/winter. (Stadiums in summer, arenas in winter). :up:

I was hoping to see them do a mini leg here in April/May, then spend June/July/Aug in Europe/S America/etc, then return to the States and Canada for a lengthy fall/winter leg before taking their holidays off at the end of the year. But oh well. :lol:

https://twitter.com/Seatwave/status/431404764925288448

@Seatwave U2 fan? We have great news! It's been rumoured that #U2 has pencilled in gigs in the UK in Feb 2015! #SWRumours
Reply Retweet Favorite More

Well, it doesn't make any sense if the album is out in June, does it?

Excpet if they do promo tours 'till august, play indoors this year, (6X6 maybe?) and start real tour in stadiums next year?

Hell, I don't know nothing

Well sure, that makes sense. If the album is out in June, tour starts a few months later ... of course it will go into 2015.

I just dont see them booking indoors in the UK unless they're gonna play like 12x in the same place. :shrug:

Wouldn't it make more sense to book 3-4 nights at an outdoor place like Croke (for example) and sell the same amount of tickets rather than book a week or more in a smaller indoor arena?

If the rumours of them doing the World Cup in June are true: would they be more likely to release the album just before or just after that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom