LP13 - The Final Countdown?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"People say we're not capable to finish an album. Well we'll fuck you up and publish two."

https://twitter.com/U2Valencia/status/502423794246377472

U2 Valencia strikes again with more hint/tease......:hmm:

It doesn't really mean anything...perhaps some bits of conversation with one of the band members that was overheard. It's just a quote really and there is no real source mentioned...:shrug:

I don't believe there will be a DOUBLE-ALBUM. I lean towards them having material for 2 albums (similar to AB / Zooropa) and release the second one during the tour, possibly a year after the first release

Provisional track list:

1. Return of the Stingray Guitar
2. North Star
3. Song for Someone (duet with Nicki Minaj)
4. Invisible
5. Soon
6. The Light (duet with Madonna)
7. Mercy
8. The Troubles (duet with Adele)
9. Ordinary Love
10. Every Breaking Wave
11. Vertigo (reprise)

Or this:
Guy Oseary said:
Announcement:

U2 Donkey Punch: The Duets Sessions

Unannounced release on 10/20/14

Tracklisting:

1. "Rolling out the Dough" Featuring Adele
2. "Sunday" (But Not Til Tuesday)" Featuring Rebecca Black
3. "He's Our Guy" Featuring Madonna
4. "Song For Someone" Featuring Alison Hewson and Ann Acheson
5. "Ordinary Love" Featuring Winnie Mandela
6. "What About Lunch?" Featuring Aimee Mann
7. "Glitter Part II" Featuring Mariah Carey
8. "Its Nice in Nice" Featuring Cyndi Lauper
9. "Fisher's Song" Featuring Chris Martin
10. "Invisible (Album Cut)" Featuring Felicity Jones
11. "Shake that Milkshake" Featuring Taylor Swift
12. "I Gut a (Gut) Feeling" Featuring Yoko Ono

Press release to be distributed Friday 8/22/14.

"People say we're not capable to finish an album. Well we'll fuck you up and publish two."

yeah!!! we'll fuck you UP!!!

HardtofindFirstGordonsetter.gif

if there is a remote chance that they consider playing the iTunes Festival I just can see 2 realistic dates .. either opening the festival on 1st or closing the festival on 30th September ... somewhere inbetween wouldn't be U2ish

I would say only the 30th seems realistic. The first just seems too soon.

I could see them releasing the single on the 9th or shortly after, and possibly releasing the album on the 30th (a Tuesday) with the performance that evening. Seems like a great way to kick things off.

I tell you something: The One version with Mary J. Blige was one of U2's biggest successes. In my countries, it was their most successful single ever. Like it or not but that's as relevant as U2 can get these days.

If they go that route, then fine for them but seriously, besides them, who gives a damn about relevancy among us? At least not me. If they come up with another "Boy" album I will applaud big time. If they come up with poppy shit, then bye bye....

i think we'll definitely hear songs on the radio...and by proxy they will be formulated to be catchy 3:30-4:00 minute songs...pop

not pop like Lady Gaga but more along the line of Beautiful Day, City of Blinding Lights etc.

Yeah, to me Beautiful day is Pop-Rock..... Magic is Pop..... and Mary J is crap.

:reject:

I would have no problem with a song like BD at all! However, The FLy would be better ;)

Give me The Fly !! absolutely.

Give me 7 minute anthems like "Bad".

I'd be thrilled with either or both but they haven't done either in quite some time.

I am hoping that they do come out along the lines of The Fly type single. I've said it before and I will say it again. They need to come out with something really hard-hitting and tough like The Fly, or Mofo, or go way stripped back and do something very quiet and beautiful.
I think almost anything in between (like Invisible, OL, etc...) will just get lost and passed off as another bland U2 song.

The third option - if they still have it in them, is to combine hard-hitting and beautiful and catchy and pop, and rock and "alternative" - all in one like they did so well on Achtung. Mysterious Ways, Even Better, So Cruel, UTEOTW... They mastered that balance during this time. I'm hoping they can do it again. But the quality has to be extremely high to pull it off.

agreed...mid-tempo rock won't cut it for me for this album

I don't want Crumbs, Miracle Drug, Magnificent...etc

Back
Top Bottom