LP13 - Still Waiting - 1980 days since Bono announced Songs of Ascent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
10/27 Yes! Monday international, Tuesday in US- sounds right, when did ATYCLB release?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Sorry to ruin your fun, but I'm late to this and I don't like leaving things that bug me unsaid:

Maybe Bono doesn't watch TMZ or reads all the "stars" gossip :shrug:

What he did was not some throwaway bit of fucking gossip.

I might be stretching and reaching after all it's just a couple of pics in a club but maybe just maybe Bono and his crew ran into Chris and his crew in the club and decided to snap a couple of pics with their friends.

I mean, yeah, otherwise I guess these pics reveal that they've been bffs for ages and Bono clearly approves of spousal abuse

I really hope this was the case, because hearing that he was hanging out with him soured me a bit. I know that the world has apparently forgiven CB, but it doesn't mean I have to. I saw him at a celebrity basketball game last month and was just livid the entire time. All these women cheering for him and talking about how sexy he was...Jesus.

So Beautiful Day debuted 8/31-I say Labor Day weekend is US U2 new single debut

Has any one heard of this amazing electronic band called Var. They had a track called War which reminded me of U2 War album. Var from Denmark are the most inventive and freshing electronic band in years. If I was U2 I would contact Var to remix any new tracks on thier new album. There is nothing like Var in whole world. Var are like New Order but 100 per cent better sound than New Order. Check out Var on You tube!:wave:

These people have already made up their minds that they're going to hate the new album, and they're not alone. They could put out the best album ever, but it won't make these people budge on their stance.

Some of us have been saying this for YEARS. Well before NLOTH.

Probably even as far back as 2006.

It was true then and it will be true until the day U2 calls it quits.

Such is the nature of pop culture. Highly predictable.

This is when it's good to be able to make up your own mind regardless of what other people think. Especially the dullard masses, from the most poppy and mainstream to the most niche and trendy. The reaction to NLOTH, generally speaking, was so so so telling in this regard.

There was a clip of Beautiful Day (the 30 sec clip) on the front page of Interference very early in the game. Well before Aug 31st I can tell you that.

Full song I'd assume is the Aug 31st date. But we had 30 sec clips of all the songs by then. I'm sure some remember that.

Fucking U2.com...all someone did was change the songs names (Beautiful_Day.html to Kite.html or whatever it was) in the URL.

You just described 70% of Interference (95% if you include the Random Music threads).

Right. Damn hipsters are just out to tarnish U2's good name. Why don't they just stick to Vampire Weekend and leave U2 alone?

There was a clip of Beautiful Day (the 30 sec clip) on the front page of Interference very early in the game. Well before Aug 31st I can tell you that.

Full song I'd assume is the Aug 31st date. But we had 30 sec clips of all the songs by then. I'm sure some remember that.

Fucking U2.com...all someone did was change the songs names (Beautiful_Day.html to Kite.html or whatever it was) in the URL.

I remember that and it was so exciting to hear those clips. I remember listening to Walk On thinking the 30 sec clip was mind blowing and that Elevation sounded kick ass but. I thought the "woos" were going to ruin the song(they didn't).

Man, that was awesome! Good memory to bring up U2DMfan.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Memorable is an understatement. 27 hours of labour then an emergency c-section. She was 2 months early too. Plus, we were stuck out of town when this all went down. I do feel like I own a piece of that song. ;)

Not to be outdone, my son was born on 8/28 two years later. The radio premier of Electrical Storm. He came out a lot faster and to full term, but the cord was wrapped 3 times over his neck. Very scary minute there!

Fitting songs for their births. I'm making a custom display for their birthdays eventually. A copy of the specific promo cd and their 1st U2 concert ticket (next tour) with a picture of some sort.

And No. No I'm not having any more kids. I made absolute certain of that. :D

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

That's such a cool story! :up:

So U2Achtung is claiming they got the information from an e-mail sent from Universal France to record stores that lists all the 2014 releases with U2 listed for 10/27. I guess it's a TBA album title, otherwise we would be hearing titles as well. I don't believe any rumors at this point, unless it comes from an official source. I've grown suspicious about those ominous Universal sources from single countries like France, Spain, Colombia or Venezuela. Anyone can claim anything and I don't hold my breath for this. Unless there's an official announcement from Universal or U2, I consider everything coming from fan sources rumors, not more, not less.

A guy named Mike F says on Twitter :U2's new album, titled U2: Still Rockin Out and Killin It, is rumored by members of the band to be their best and most mature work to date.

A guy named Mike F says on Twitter :U2's new album, titled U2: Still Rockin Out and Killin It, is rumored by members of the band to be their best and most mature work to date.

Can't someone (mods) deal with this guy, to stop him embarrassing himself further?

At this point I dont think you're a troll. You're either a trolling collective or a bot that churns out the most inane U2 fan utterances of all time.

Your body of work is astounding, too astounding for a single guy.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using U2 Interference mobile app

What does that mean?

Somebody asked them if they're sure, and they say 'well, we're using the conditional but it looks serious' - the conditional is a tense that means exactly what it sounds like: Conditions apply :)

it can mean "might be released" or "will supposedly/apparently be released"

basically, you can use the conditional in French if you're hedging your bets

it can mean "might be released" or "will supposedly/apparently be released"

basically, you can use the conditional in French if you're hedging your bets

Exactly. I think we should be mindful U2achtung has never said it will be released on that day.

I just realised.... this new guy.. he reminds me of a certain user who hasn't shown their face in a while.. I thought their LCD TV killed them, but maybe not. :hmm:

All the crazies coming here lately. A good sign that an album release is soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom