LP13: New Improved and now Fisher-free!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Damn Obama. Just ruining this place.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

obama_flipping_the_bird.jpg

Going back to this...
Never thought I'd say this, but there are a lot of people around here very upset today that U-2 actually did record a video last Sunday in Dublin.

To those people, sorry. Try to not have too much of a sad. :(

I don't see anyone that's upset. Why would people be upset? It sort of eases the speculation.

Wouldn't it be amazing if they did play the Apple event? The come out and rip into a passionate version of "Beautiful Day" and right after Bono sings "after the flood the new iPhone is oooooouuuuuuttt..." and holds the new phone aloft, big camera jib move to reveal. After that, really seeking to keep the vibe going amongst the Apple corporate set, we hear the opening crunch of "elevation" and Bono gets the appropriate call-and-response "woo-hoo's" from the doughy execs who begging to tap their feet and bob their heads to the rhythm. Then, when they close with "Vertigo," all bets are off as U2 rocks their middle age faces off.

Set ends.

Bono: "Thank you, Apple. Shout to to the man, the mystic, Steve Jobs, always in our hearts. We hope you'll be hearing from us again soon."

Depart stage.

Sent from

The only thing that would make it more torture is if they played Desire again. "Desire the iPhone"

Sent from my iPod touch using U2 Interference

Wouldn't it be amazing if they did play the Apple event? The come out and rip into a passionate version of "Beautiful Day" and right after Bono sings "after the flood the new iPhone is oooooouuuuuuttt..." and holds the new phone aloft, big camera jib move to reveal. After that, really seeking to keep the vibe going amongst the Apple corporate set, we hear the opening crunch of "elevation" and Bono gets the appropriate call-and-response "woo-hoo's" from the doughy execs who begging to tap their feet and bob their heads to the rhythm. Then, when they close with "Vertigo," all bets are off as U2 rocks their middle age faces off.

Set ends.

Bono: "Thank you, Apple. Shout to to the man, the mystic, Steve Jobs, always in our hearts. We hope you'll be hearing from us again soon."

Depart stage.
Sent from

No Elevation, please. :wink:

Set ends.

Depart stage.

Sent from

No. A thousand times no.

He's joking, if that wasn't obvious enough.

Sorry, bad flashback to someone taking a very nice song and recording a live version with the line "Your love is like a podcast/ It gets passed around".

That line makes me hate things :mad:

Set ends.

Depart stage.

Sadly this is the most likely scenario were they actually to play the event.

This may seem like trolling but I genuinely wonder what the chances are of U2 completely embarrasing themselves with this upcoming release? :reject:

Set ends.

Depart stage.

Sent from

I'd rather see them come out and play a couple of deep tracks and b sides. Make no mention to Apple at all. And just leave everyone totally confused as to wtf just happened.
Open with The Three Sunrises and close with Exit. Then Bono drops the mic and walks off the stage.

I'd rather see them come out and play a couple of deep tracks and b sides. Make no mention to Apple at all. And just leave everyone totally confused as to wtf just happened.
Open with The Three Sunrises and close with Exit. Then Bono drops the mic and walks off the stage.

They're going to pull a Prince, if that's what you're saying.

Set ends.

Depart stage.

Sent from

I would jump off of a bridge if this happened.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

This may seem like trolling but I genuinely wonder what the chances are of U2 completely embarrasing themselves with this upcoming release? :reject:

Oh, now I get it. This is the forum for the most die hard U2 fans. Ones that stay with the band no matter what happens. "Until the end".

C'mon folks. Some trust in the band you love. Band's not stupid. People around them are not stupid. We fans are not stupid. It's all going to be GREAT!

Please. You started your thread when the other thread still had 85 posts to go, not 5. This has nothing to do with being disrespected, but has everything to do with accepting that you made a mistake and moving on. No one is threatening you, but you're making a way bigger deal out if this than it actually is.

Ok I am sorry and I will not bring this up anymore.

And maybe I was a little out of line when I said this is sad times. Interference is still a fantastic place to spend time. Maybe I was trying to get some attention. :wink:

They have these lines down at The Bellagio Sports Book

2 to 1 - catchy u2ey songs, huge on adult contemporary, well received commercially and critically by all but the pitchforks of the world, most here love it, small but vocal minority consider it a rewrite of everything they've done post 2000 and bitch endlessly about how they've lost their touch.

10 to 1 - meh... some good, some head scratchers, another No Line. Endless debate ensues over which song they should have used as a single

15 to 1 - Radical departure in sound, met with universal critical acclaim, huge commercial smash

30 to 1 - Tedder and Epworth make the band go all mid 90s Aerosmith on us, the album sells a ton of records, most of us cringe but grudgingly go along while the rest throw their hands up and quit in disgust

50 to 1 - Radical departure in sound, giant clusterfuck, makes Metallica and Lou Reed's album sound good, band breaks up due to creative differences

Back
Top Bottom